Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

Hi all, today we have released "developer's cut" trailer in HD quality. See more at www.arma2.com and share your D/L mirrors please wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Eagerly awaited, full HD, ARMA2 ingame trailer finally declassified! As part of our continued commitment to the loyal ARMA fans, we wanted to ensure that this "developer's cut" trailer provided a detailed look at the game’s weapons, vehicles and the incredible environments in the troubled setting of war-ravaged Chernarus.

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

+1

arma2 looks great

The wobble effect when walking/running/getting up (from about 20-50 seconds into the video)... that's just just video post editing right? Looks crazy cool but I bet it'll make people seasick, heh.

or is it someone playing with trackIR?

simply superb.

Hope this game come out in january 2009 in France, please, please !! !wink_o.gif

There is already a lot of fans biggrin_o.gif

Sounds good, but download/stream speed is currently under 10kb/s for me - lol crazy_o.gif

Sounds good, but download/stream speed is currently under 10kb/s for me - lol crazy_o.gif

I'm sorry, but there is already hundreds people downloading it at the moment. Please, check mirrors published on ARMA2 website.

Maybe upgrade your dialup then wink_o.gif I downloaded from the first mirror at 2.7mb/s smile_o.gif

well, atless we have something to see, so far i am quite enjoy with what i have seen, few comment through

tank blowing up with a huge fire ball is still a bit too offent(and wired), if they can use a dark grayish texture instead of the totally blacken texture as the damage texture together with a much less chance of creating fireball it will looks much more realistic(in a relative term), damage model and smokes are OK through

the vehical sound seems to have a good improvement from the video but the guns might still misses quite a bit of sharpness and heavyness in it.

anime seems OK.

the far landscape seems to match with the close grass colour now

I "REALLY" hope the parachute is controlable in the game

might find out more later, but thats about it for now

Man Ive only seen a couple seconds of it and let me tell you...

...this is the exact reason I'm still on this forum!

Maybe upgrade your dialup then wink_o.gif I downloaded from the first mirror at 2.7mb/s smile_o.gif

Yes yes you again with you 6mb line..... icon_rolleyes.gifhuh.gif

I used polish mirror and downloaded with 6Mbit.

Video is pretty cool, especially the atmosphere is very great and seems like a huge if not gigantic step forward from Arma1.

Graphics are top-notch too.

Sounds of AK are pretty good, however others like grenades sound like from Arma1.

I know its still Alpha so i stop here with finding "bugs/errors/whatever.

Very cool is to hear Ivan Buchta at the end talking russian.

I wonder if some of the sound we know from OFP/Arma1 are also from BIS workers.... tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The only "but" I can say from this is allready been said.

- Tank explosions...

For the rest of it  notworthy.gif

Now....lets see how long the codemaster guys take to counter-attack wink_o.gif

Nice one.. It makes more sense than the 505 trailer.

Let's hope it plays as good as it looks and sounds...

The halo feature is nice, the freefall animation not so much but, that's hell of a trailer though.

Some parts (the flashbang grenades) are probably scripted, but I'm excited nonethless.

Good job boys...

DAMN!!!!!! Got the flashpoint feeling all over again!

It might be to early to say this, but I think BIS achieved to make the true OFP:CWC sequel notworthy.gif

PS: I'm not too familiar with helmets of any nation, but do the russians really have those cheap tinfoil hats? They really don't fit in the whole picture to me.

DAMN!!!!!! Got the flashpoint feeling all over again!

It might be to early to say this, but I think BIS achieved to make the true OFP:CWC sequel notworthy.gif

PS: I'm not too familiar with helmets of any nation, but do the russians really have those cheap tinfoil hats? They really don't fit in the whole picture to me.

those are the local military forks it seems

Very cool is to hear Ivan Buchta at the end talking russian.

There's actually a Czech dialog before that wink_o.gif

Love it, cannot wait now for release. does anybody else think the blood looks a bit weird, hope this is just wip..

Everything else looks superb with a lot atmosphere, this is not just an upgrade as people were saying its more like a new game in its own right.. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

looks really amazing.

bit surprised to the PKM still aimed like a rifle when standing.

Was hoping that would be replaced with more believable way of handling the weapons and the ways the weapons are simulated.

anyway - brilliant work.

Very posh indeed.

Still unsure about the movement but will wait and see.

I couldn't help thinking, hmmmm this need Arma effects and DM smoke added tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

What I REALLY want to see in this resolution is more of the eye level ground part. Maybe 3-4 mins of actually AI battling from fist person perspective fighting along with them, AI is the thing I want to see in HD, I already know it looks nice but its the AI thing for me now.

As regards the video as a arma vid its great BTW.

Great vid! Really looking forward to Arma2 now.

Couple of things i noticed:

1. At 00:49 the "Rescue" text on the hk is reversed tounge2.gif

2. From above the forrestground is to bright, it will be easy to see people/vehicles hiding in forrests from helicopters. Maybe this is because shadows doesnt render at this distance. Any workaround to make forrests darker?