Sign in to follow this  
Jennik

ARMA 2 In-game HD Video released

In the end, the shacky camera at the beginning, when they are attacked by a dog, will be in?

This is very important is the very reason why destroyed vehicles look so simple and disapear after a whyle (when they can be very usefull cover).

last time I checked vehicles only disappear when they're scripted to disappear. Ive played games in ofp and ArmA for hours and the vehicles have stayed.

In warefare and other missions yes they do but hardcoded into the game, they stay.

Of course...you can make them to stay...as death bodys....c´om....if you are going this way we can also talk about unpenetrable detroyed tanks...do you want?

This is very important is the very reason why destroyed vehicles look so simple and disapear after a whyle (when they can be very usefull cover).

last time I checked vehicles only disappear when they're scripted to disappear. Ive played games in ofp and ArmA for hours and the vehicles have stayed.

In warefare and other missions yes they do but hardcoded into the game, they stay.

Of course...you can make them to stay...as death bodys....c´om....if you are going this way we can also talk about unpenetrable detroyed tanks...do you want?

What the hell? crazy_o.gif

Michael_Wittman best to be silence, you just dont no what your talking about..

EVERYONE Get back onto topic before the thread gets closed. Lets all talk about the video please. smile_o.gif

Vimeo video deleted ?

Quote[/b] ]Sorry, "ARMA 2 - Full HD ingame trailer declassified!" was deleted at Mon Dec 1 11:12:44 2008. We have no more information about it on our mainframe or elsewhere.

Bad link on Arma2.com then...

Michael_Wittman best to be silence, you just dont no what your talking about..

EVERYONE Get back onto topic before the thread gets closed. Lets all talk about the video please.  smile_o.gif

Lol did I pissed anyone work..maybe again on the weak particle/phishics system...?

Ups huh.gif

Lol did I pissed anyone work..maybe again on the weak particle/phishics system...?

Ups  huh.gif

Now that you have demonstrated your superior 'bringing up new shit that doesn't make sense' ability, maybe you could now show us up with your amazing 'staying on topic and addressing the issues' powers.

Ups  huh.gif

Now that you have demonstrated your superior 'bringing up new shit that doesn't make sense' ability, maybe you could now show us up with your amazing 'staying on topic and addressing the issues' powers.

It might have made a tiny bit of sense if he was talking to a developer. Maybe he thought he was and made an attempt at a smartass comment.

Seems half of this thread has nothing to do with the topic. Come on, there are relevant threads already for all this stuff huh.gif

Looked very much like a cutscene to me.

Next part seems to be where they capture some rebels in the hangar including the tracksuit -"behind enemy lines" looking- guy that seems to play a bigger role in the campaign.

Most probaly same role as in the mentioned movie... the evil tracksuit wearing eastern guy that kills one of your team and needs to be hunted down tounge2.gif

I've left poundering that last part where they are inside some warehouse as prisoners.... Hmm does that have relevance in game's campaign? ... I think i have hunch of how campaign will flow  smile_o.gif Pretty interesting really.

But i'm not going to say anything. Reason being as it might spoil something  biggrin_o.gif (Real reason: because i'm probably wrong and would look like bigger ass that i already am)

I don't remember have i said this, but i'd believe too that "grenade into room and then entry into room"-scene it was scripted animation. It indeed would be nice to be wrong.

Russia is one of those countries where a technology change happens slowly throughout their military.

have you seen single T72 with DSHK huh.gif

have you seen T64, T80 with DSHK huh.gif

every russian tank can fire AT rockets

Abrams, Leopard do not fire rockets

lol, you're post are always filled with no facts vilas.

I have two pictures that prove you are wrong, take a look.

Here is a t72 with a dshk

T72 with dshk

And here is a m1a2 in europe circa 1985 firing a tow out of its cannon, WAY before any russian tank could

M1a2 missle

please think and look at your facts before posting random gibberish  wink_o.gif

wtf huh.gif

you gave photos reworked in photoshop

it is not facts, it is fake

Looks shopped!

rofl.gif

Problems I had:

People appear (not really shown) to still warp in and out of vehicles instead of opening doors and getting in.

Vehicles exploding into charred models still there.

Seems to have the same crap damage model from ARMA for vehicles (hitpoints, only a few subsystems).

No proper physics on bodies or objects.

Rest looks great!

wtf huh.gif

you gave photos reworked in photoshop

it is not facts, it is fake

Busted ! smile_o.gif

PS. My "joke sensor" might be wrong but I think this comment is proper here smile_o.gif

i hope this time BIS won't write on game box "most realistic battlefield simulating software" "total military realism"

OFP was great for it's time

Arma is shit as software (many many people left communiy because of game behaviour on PC, c.t.d., hdr pulsing, vga overheating etc.) and game

A2 look like "game" but in Caucas enviroment instead of banana-country with rusty tyres on burned vehicles

even in OFP cares were going some cm down after being hit

now cars keep level with rusty tyres

A2 is not looking like totaly new game, maybe as a Caucasus-mod with some advanced scripting

sad_o.gif

new models, new island, some animals

but even in OFP we had great animals by addonmakers

even in OFP mods we had replacement of destructed vehicles by models of destructed (not replacing textures only)

probably A2 dammage structure of vehicles is the same as in A1 sad_o.gif

vests are not protecting

ERA not functioning

thermal view not present

2 shots in hand kill a man

shots in windows kill car and make it explode

shots in tyres of BRDM causing blow-up

i am wondering will we see flying BMPs

will we see soldiers firing at empty cars

will we see using Stingers vs. tanks

will we see using Sabot/RPG vs infantry

concernig my joke sensor - i don't like people who lie :/

he made me angry, not funny with his cheap picture-fakes, specially when he was trying to told i am wrong , using false pictures

i wonder if moderation takes under account when someone lie on forum, using such "trick" ??

good video, no more no less.

mr. ohara stated those scenes were made out of early alpha version, with placeholders i guess too.

so all need to relax, do a little step out from forum,internet specialy, and simply wait for game. smile_o.gif

keep it up BIS! thumbs-up.gif

Arma is shit as software

Try to write your own, it's not that simple.

c.t.d.,

Never had a single CTD with ArmA on neither of my systems.

hdr pulsing,

Sure, ArmA's HDR can get annoying at times but nothing I couldn't live with. Besides, there are addons to remove HDR wink_o.gif

vga overheating etc.

If your VGA is overheating it's not ArmA's fault. Any other game can cause this. Check your cooling.

A2 is not looking like totaly new game, maybe as a Caucasus-mod with some advanced scripting

Yet the whole rendering technology has been upgraded (SM 2.0 to 3.0) which is something mod can't do.

new models

And quite a lot of them wink_o.gif

new island

That looks awfully great.

some animals

Add a lot of atmosphere - that boar in the video kicked ass biggrin_o.gif

ERA not functioning

Script it wink_o.gif

concernig my joke sensor - i don't like people who lie :/

he made me angry, not funny with his cheap picture-fakes, specially when he was trying to told i am wrong , using false pictures

i wonder if moderation takes under account when someone lie on forum, using such "trick" ??

He wasn't lying, but joking.

He did not try to fool anyone. That's why the pics were so obviously fake  icon_rolleyes.gif .

The tedious ranting and such stops or the thread gets closed, which would be a shame for those who cause such things.....

Really, really nice video, and I love what's done to the first person view.

However the helicopters... The flight model they use in the video looks so horrible I wanted to poke my eyes out. One thing that the flight model in ArmA wasn't top notch (it was still good though), but did they have to make it worse?

I really hope it isn't what we'll see in the end product.

have you seen single T72 with DSHK huh.gif

I just saw a NVA(east Germany) T-72GM with DSHK but it was in a museum...maybe they put it on themselfs, lacking the KORD or NSV whistle.gif

Who cares and maybe they think it`s fun to put it up a (T-72)T-90 so people will get upset as you do rofl.gif

Why is this so much of an issue? The current machinegun is more than fully capable of taking me as an enemy down with ease. I try to stay well clear of any tanks unless I'm engaging it, no matter what machinegun it has.

Why is this so much of an issue? The current machinegun is more than fully capable of taking me as an enemy down with ease. I try to stay well clear of any tanks unless I'm engaging it, no matter what machinegun it has.

i totally agree with you man. lets give the soldiers m1 garands too.

Ok here are some basics about:

old DShK

successor of DShK - the NSV

modern KORD

Imho Vilas and many others like to see modern stuff instead of worn out and "ancient"+replaced stuff. Whats wrong with it? I guess most people here would like to shoot with the Kord too. wink_o.giftounge2.gif

All these hassle only because of little preview vid? Better keep relaxed and safe some moaning/whining power for real ArmA2 release!

realism matters

lets give Garands to americans in ACU

BIS already screwed A1 game by mixing US Army with US Marines

lets give Garands to americans in ACU

Better still? Mount it em on top of a T72  tounge2.gif

Well im more than happy with the vid!  pistols.gif