Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Would have been nice to be able to read it before we get the game. God knows we have a hard time passing time right now :D Great work, looking forward to it.

Would have been nice to be able to read it before we get the game. God knows we have a hard time passing time right now :D Great work, looking forward to it.

Well, if you're like me (US based), and it comes out before the official US release... you should have a week to read it before playing the final game. ;)

Might be enough time, depending on how fast you read. :D

Great news man! Will it be available for print right away as well? Didn't get the first one in print as I didn't get the whole pay-pall thing to work, but I sure as hell am going to get all the goodness this is in full colour print when it's available. :D

Great news man! Will it be available for print right away as well? Didn't get the first one in print as I didn't get the whole pay-pall thing to work, but I sure as hell am going to get all the goodness this is in full colour print when it's available. :D

Not immediately, but the print version is in the works as we speak. Print version will most likely arrive 1-2 months after the online version premieres.

As before, the free online version will continue to be available after the print one is out.

YES! English reviews incomming! The real reviews IMO!

Without reading the review (im a work) I think it could get a better score if it didnt have bugs. But BIS are going a great job patching this thing up!

It's Oblivion with assault rifles.

That's where is stopped reading.

That's where is stopped reading.

I thought oblivion with AR's was fallout3 ? :)

You know i kinda get where they got the oblivion link from.

Wow! I think Eurogamer was really pleased with game, because they're known as hard-to-understand :) For example They gave The Witcher 7/10 but it was a truly best cRPG of the year!

Not immediately, but the print version is in the works as we speak. Print version will most likely arrive 1-2 months after the online version premieres.

Nice to hear that. Good Job!

Thanks! :)

Hi all

ArmA II seems to be on the rise among the critics

Computer and Video gamers PCGames gives ArmA 8.3 out of 10 rating

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217542

Follow link for the full review but here is the conclusion:

...If ArmA 2 hooks you in, you've just found a war game capable of providing infinite entertainment, and that's astonishing.

It is one of the best reviews yet, ArmA II is heading to GOTY territory

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

And, perhaps most significantly of all, in Operation Harvest Red, it's created a single-player campaign that doesn't suck osel varlata.

That made my day! :D

Great news! Seems that 505 version is a good improvement over German version!

Is it? Or does this simply mean that English reviews give better scores then Germans?

Is it? Or does this simply mean that English reviews give better scores then Germans?

I'm under the impression that the 505 version is the German version patched to 1.01xxxx. It goes to show that just reducing the amount of bugs will have a huge impact on game impressions/reviews.

I'm sure the 1.02 patch will make the game even better.

Or they simply have a different view of the game in 1.01. Like they might actually see it's good.

I'm under the impression that the 505 version is the German version patched to 1.01xxxx. It goes to show that just reducing the amount of bugs will have a huge impact on game impressions/reviews.

I'm sure the 1.02 patch will make the game even better.

Yes! They are even saying much good about the AI. The only let down is that driving and pilot AI is just as bad in ArmA II as in the previous games, but BIS said that they are working on that ATM!! Hope they fix this, because im ready for ArmA II this week and 1.02 patch!:yay:

Yes! They are even saying much good about the AI. The only let down is that driving and pilot AI is just as bad in ArmA II as in the previous games, but BIS said that they are working on that ATM!! Hope they fix this, because im ready for ArmA II this week and 1.02 patch!:yay:

Ohara even mentioned that the demo is getting delayed because it is helping them fix more bugs, which is awesome. I guess reducing the game world to a more managable size really makes all the difference. :)

It would be great if the 1.02 patch fixes all of the major high-priority issues. Minor cosmetic things can and should always come later. I wonder if reviewers like PC Games will really try it out and bump the scores up a notch.

I don't really care about bugs right now, i just want the demo before i buy, bugs can be fixed later.

Maybe i'm wrong (i didn't have the game) but i remember a video where player was hidden behind a bush and the enemy ia was looking to the bush but he didn't shoot the player.... so seems to be that ia can't look trought bushes

Would be fine if someone make a test to see if ia is able to see you troughh smoke/fog

I have the game and the AI does not seem me behind bushes AFAIK. they try and guess where i am sure if they see me runnig to cover (maybe based on my rate and direction of movemnet) but if i change direction behind the cover they take a little while to see me when i pop out on a side they were not expecting. not a long time but enough for me to pop em more often than not.

i also found that smoke (when popped from the LAV) does occlude AI vision - i was under tank fire

in the manhattan mission

and didn't know where the fire was coming from so in desperation i popped smoke and moved. the incomingg fire soon ended and i made my way into the forest for a flanking move that took the AI by surprise as they were facing another direction. if the AI could have seen me behind the smoke or magically stayed aware of my position then i'd have been toast.