Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Because there is no input by BI in numerous suggestions threads, and I always see someone from BI here, when bad reviews/previews are reported?

Oh, I see. They're replying to threads, but they aren't replying to enough threads to satisfy you specifically. Thus, they're not replying to any threads at all. What a load of nonsense. :rolleyes:

And your reply to my post was about?

My reply to your post was pretty clearly about you using hyperbole (again) to try to make a point. Same as this reply.

im not bashing it, he wrote nice thing about arma2 about graphic and so on, but total crap about how it works technologicaly. But you dont underastand czech so you dont know what we are talking about. Genral problem was, that he did all tests in first playable cutscene and made conclusion about hw dependency from that meassuring, but cutscenes are not so representative example of game, so his conclusion about hw settings are totaly wrong.

. I just noticed that this was on youtube's most popular video of the day page... on page #1 of it no less.

. I just noticed that this was on youtube's most popular video of the day page... on page #1 of it no less.

lol that was awesome. its random stuff like that seems to garner more interest in the game than actual adverts do :D

I find funny how fast you guys from BI are at bashing reviewers/previewers and don't even bother visiting the suggestions threads.

I find it funny how you think we're such terrible developers and ArmA2 is so awful yet you're still here whinging every day?

Because there is no input by BI in numerous suggestions threads, and I always see someone from BI here, when bad reviews/previews are reported?

Perhaps because most of the suggestion threads are completely unrealistic or too late to be implemented?

Excuse my ignorance Placebo - what position do you hold within the company - Im a bit of a newb :p

Excuse my ignorance Placebo - what position do you hold within the company - Im a bit of a newb :p

He's the head moderator, and community icon :p

I'm the official Bohemia Interactive fishing man ;)

Also Community Manager :)

Feeding the BI coding walrus is a full time occupation :)

walrus_bucket1.jpg

Edited by sparks50

@ Mr Dslyecxi: Oh I'm sorry Dslyecxi, that Ohara, for example, as it's last post in the suggestions thread in "02-12-2009, 09:08 AM", while since then as posted 4 times is the OPF: DR thread, and more then 15 times in this one.

So Dslycexi, I'm sorry if you can't understand what's factual exaggeration and what's not. But since you are so motivated to keep replying to me, yes I do make very little sense in most of the things I say, I'm a little crazy you know.

@ Placebo: You see me everyday saying that THEY are "such terrible developers", or you don't see me everyday saying that BI is the best in the world and everything they do is awesome?

You know placebo, when you post almost everyday in one of the suggestions thread, asking for some official BI input on that mater and they are just ignoring everyone in it, it's really hard to not be "whinging". In order to pass from "whinging" to a true discussion, you need to have two parties, but one keeps missing everyday...

Oh and placebo, if you think that most of the suggestions threads are "completely unrealistic or too late to be implemented" just lock them.

EDIT:

@ohara: My reply to you was a "provocation", in order to make you see some of the threads in the suggestions board. You can see it as me being Berlusconi inviting you to a party in the suggestions thread ;)

Edited by Jorge.PT
bla bla

Taking on an admin or a well respected member of the community is never a good idea.

What does this have to do with press coverage?

Where does it say that the developer has to browse and reply to posts in the forums? This is the community forum, not a developer forum. It's their own good will that they actually bother with posting occasionally.

I smell a ban, or PR atless

Anyway its just too off topic for this thread, should be stop ASAP IMO :j:

@ Mr Dslyecxi: Oh I'm sorry Dslyecxi, that Ohara, for example, as it's last post in the suggestions thread in "02-12-2009, 09:08 AM", while since then as posted 4 times is the OPF: DR thread, and more then 15 times in this one.

So Dslycexi, I'm sorry if you can't understand what's factual exaggeration and what's not. But since you are so motivated to keep replying to me, yes I do make very little sense in most of the things I say, I'm a little crazy you know.

@ Placebo: You see me everyday saying that THEY are "such terrible developers", or you don't see me everyday saying that BI is the best in the world and everything they do is awesome?

You know placebo, when you post almost everyday in one of the suggestions thread, asking for some official BI input on that mater and they are just ignoring everyone in it, it's really hard to not be "whinging". In order to pass from "whinging" to a true discussion, you need to have two parties, but one keeps missing everyday...

Oh and placebo, if you think that most of the suggestions threads are "completely unrealistic or too late to be implemented" just lock them.

EDIT:

@ohara: My reply to you was a "provocation", in order to make you see some of the threads in the suggestions board. You can see it as me being Berlusconi inviting you to a party in the suggestions thread ;)

Thinking BI is not listening to their community? You must not know them much, tbh. They listen to us TOO MUCH

Not applying or including everything you wish doesn't mean they don't read you my friend, especially these days.

The fact that they randomly reply times to times is already quite satisfying... heh.

Regards,

TB

...when you post almost everyday in one of the suggestions thread, asking for some official BI input on that mater and they are just ignoring everyone in it, it's really hard to not be "whinging". In order to pass from "whinging" to a true discussion, you need to have two parties, but one keeps missing everyday...

Is it too hard to see that they are working almost 12 hrs a day on fixes, Patch 1.02 that will accompany UK release...they are fixing & releasing a game and have much more important job then discussing theoratical stuff with an armchair general or someone who has no idea about developing...

I'd rather them spend their time for the game than discussing stuff that you come up with in the toilet.

@Jorge.PT: Uh...you wanna tell the devs what to do and which threads to check out...?

Edited by ziiip

So Dslycexi, I'm sorry if you can't understand what's factual exaggeration and what's not.

It's not hard at all to find a variety of BIS staff posting in the forums about all manner of issues. Just because they don't do it on your schedule, according to what you think are priorities etc, does not change that fact. :rolleyes:

yes I do make very little sense in most of the things I say, I'm a little crazy you know.

Hey, you don't have to convince me.

I'll be honest, there are a ton of video's on Youtube since the release, and judging from what I have seen, I guess I stick to my original plan: wait for BI to patch it up and for the community to do what is does best, take it to the next level.

Graphics and general atmosphere is fantastic. Beyond anything I have seen so far:

But the AI interaction and AI general behaviour need some serious tweaking, and in the end, that is what counts for me:

ArmA 2 | Sniping with CZ 550

I'm sure many of you totally disagree with me, but based on what I've seen and read so far, AI seems too ignorant to shoot and react properly/quickly and combined with its legacy of bugs and whatnot, I'll wait to spend my hard-earned money.

Anyway, awesome game, but not ready for me.

Yet.

Edited by KAASKOP
btw: OFP:DR will not be able to come close to ArmA2, judging from the arcade video's.

That's quite funny. People cry for AI to be too good, others cry it's too slow.

What BI must do, now? :D

Let me say this : it's typical, we've seen it for years, and that's exactly why I say BI listen to us too much, because everyone say one thing and its exact opposite and want both implemented or "the game is pooh, omg!"

That's quite funny. People cry for AI to be too good, others cry it's too slow.

What BI must do, now? :D

Let me say this : it's typical, we've seen it for years, and that's exactly why I say BI listen to us too much, because everyone say one thing and its exact opposite and want both implemented or "the game is pooh, omg!"

Both are right:

In some things the AI is too good (visual and hearing senses, accuracy), but in another aspects is still bad. Example: their reactions and tactics (or lack of tactics) against long range sniping.

their reactions and tactics (or lack of tactics) against long range sniping.

If you're refering to the "ArmA 2 | Sniping with CZ 550" video mentioned previously the AI was placed on a barren flat open area with nowhere to hide hundred meters around... What could they do but :

1) Get the hell out of here (check)

2) Try to shoot back (check)

3) Go Prone to lower visibility (check)

That's pretty much what I would've done as there's not much else to do...

No, i was referring to yersterday, in my computer. I was trying the 50" caliber sniper rifle in the airport of Utes against an enemy infantry, placing a squad in one side of the long paveway and myself in the other extreme. In really long ranges they doesn't react properly, they just go prone and move (a bit). After killing half their squad, they should try your option 1), get the hell ouf of there. Like, run at least 300 mts in one direction and then search for hard cover.

Hi all

I believe that most Armies in the world train their soldiers not to go out into big open flat plains for precisely this reason.

Action on being caught on a open big plain by a sniper (because you are a numpty)

When caught in the open by a sniper, running away is not a good option, if you are running away the sniper is firing at your back every minute you run, and because you are not firing at the sniper, every shot is a free shot.

Aggression is the best option put some fire on the sniper. If in a squad move toward the sniper in bounds, widen your spacing and makes sure you are suppressing at all times. By widening your line you increase the angle the sniper must lay at to fire upon you this means that for those suppressing the sniper their target gets wider when the sniper attempts to engage those who are running. By closing with the sniper you are decreasing the snipers advantage of range and increaing your advantage of volume of fire in tightening beaten zone.

If you choose to retreat do so in good order by bounds so that you may suppress the sniper if required and pop smoke. If without smoke, run at a diagonal to the sniper this way you are adding elevation and traverse to the snipers calculations, vary the angle.

Of course I have to ask the question; why the heck were you caught out in the open?

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker