Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Well, in which case I can understand the complaints :)

I'll try some tests once I can have more playtime on it

IF NO ONE CARES.... Placebo, please erase the thread i created. ARF!

Could you please post some concrete example of how which radio message from OFP and Arma you fould good and usefull, and its Arma II counterpart you do no like?

We have tried to make the radio communication more human, and for this it was necessary to make it somewhat less precise (e.g. to contain less numbers), but our goal was to maintain approximately the same level of information wherever possible.

Can you people direct the suggestions to the following thread? Thank you.

Usefull radio communication, more human. Examples:

Can you people direct the suggestions to the following thread? Thank you.

Usefull radio communication, more human. Examples:

Hope mods allow this.

Excellent idea.

All radio conversation moved to the above linked thread, including Suma's initial post, please go there to continue it :)

Now let's get back to ArmA2 press coverage please :)

After reading all Arma2 Press coverages and and watching the Video-Review-Parts (again!), i think they are focusing so much on bugs because they were hyped by all the Preview Videos/Informations about this game and at the end disappointed, because most stuff is (rather "was", now with 1.01) simply not working.

A second reason is that some reviews could not be objective enough since they are fans of the series themselves....

Christian Schneider from Gamestar is for instance a old rabbit and OFP1 Veteran + Arma1 fan/player. Petra Schmitz is the same. I can understand them for this very very harsh review and comments because for them it was not only reviewing a random game, no they were reviewing a game from the series they are fans of.

Of course this lacks of professionalism and even more lacks of a mature Objectivity, since not all readers of their magazine are those "old Rabbits" of the Series...

Still i can understand them personally...

If i would have written a review on the release day without 1.01 patch, i would also have ripped this game apart because of its countless bugs, not mentioning all the great freedom you have and all the ultra-nice other things such a "sandbox-game" can deliver to you and other positive aspects - simply because i do know this Kind of gaming since ~9 years already.

If i would be new to this series on the other hand, i would be blown away most likely and the game would get 9.5/10 points from me!

I even dare to say that if Arma2 would came in a shape almost bug-freed from the biggest bugs (AI Cheating, AI Reporting, AI walking through everything, Reporting/Communications, Performance) that this Game would be a "Game of the Month (Gold)" in the german magazines, which is the highest rating it can get.

This would have lead into a MASSIVE Sale amount in the german speaking area, which i dare to say is (or rather was) their biggest potential market!

A big shame it was going like it was....A good 2,3 Months more and i believe the game would have reached this "Game of the Month" shape (bug-free to a large extend)....

They are fans of the series yet couldn't wait a fricken day knowing that a critical patch was imminent...:eek:

Screw them, feels completely vindictive and mean-spirited and they should have known better. Yeah BI and Morph. gotta take some blame but that sh#t is just ridiculous.

Got a little something on the way for everyone. Should be launching sometime later this month. Teaser should be pretty obvious. :)

may_teaser_tmb.jpg

The first one was around 60k words. This one is coming very close to doubling that, and (in my humble opinion) the extra content is pretty slick. Definitely looking forward to getting it out there for everyone to check out.

Got a little something on the way for everyone. Should be launching sometime later this month. Teaser should be pretty obvious. :)

http://dslyecxi.com/images/mainpage/may_teaser_tmb.jpg

The first one was around 60k words. This one is coming very close to doubling that, and (in my humble opinion) the extra content is pretty slick. Definitely looking forward to getting it out there for everyone to check out.

Ooh nice, I was hoping to see another in depth tactics, techniques and procedures manual :yay:

Didnt BIS tell us that they would release the patch early this week? We`re in mid-week and still no patch.

Sheeesh, I have never seen such good and bad reviews at once in one single game. Still waiting for the IGN and Gamespot +++ reviews to come before I buy this one.

Didnt BIS tell us that they would release the patch early this week? We`re in mid-week and still no patch.

Geez, give 'em a break. Or are you gonna go all Morphicon on their ass and make them release it before it's ready? Not a good idea, mate. :D

Sheeesh, I have never seen such good and bad reviews at once in one single game. Still waiting for the IGN and Gamespot +++ reviews to come before I buy this one.

Arma2 polarizes the masses. :)

[im]http://dslyecxi.com/images/mainpage/may_teaser_tmb.jpg[/img]

ARF! I thought you were already releasing it..

I guess more time to wait. :(

What newspaper is that?

The Daily Gotcha, issued in Suckerville. :p

Hardly something to get excited about, but a bit of coverage for ArmA 2 on MSN in an article on 'top games for June'. Here. Just said:

Something of a thinking gamer's shooter, ArmA II offers a mixture of tactical gunplay and role play elements. But it offers more than just the usual campaign and co-op combo. ArmA II also has a level editor, allowing you to kick off in any location you can imagine.

Only a paragraph and image but its on MSN so would have thought lots of people would see it?

Woke up to this in my daily....:rolleyes:

lol@ guys who took this for real :D

lol@ guys who took this for real :D

Seems a few did! Although it was the truth written in the spoof report :D

I guess the SuicidESquad returns with a good sense of humor.

Will OFP feeling be back again like the old cool times? :)