Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Wow, puddles that don't have tides!!!

But I got to say... I'm quite disappointed with the way the rain effects don't interact with the standing water. If this were a true simulator, each drop of rain would cause little ripples in the water giving the player a true sense that he is in a real world. Well, time for BIS to go back to the drawing board. :D

/sarcastic humor

Seriously.. OMG that looks awesome! :yay:

WOW! Beautiful... This 'light' is casting a shadow, I really hope everything else is quality as the content of these images or it will stick out like a sore thumb! Excellent work!

I'm glad you mentioned the game going gold, because I'm not 100% sure these release dates are correct. Don't games usually go gold a month or two before they're released? And isn't Arma II due in less than a month? Without an official date on Arma2.com I would remain wary of any date announced, even if it's supposedly from a publisher.

Today its possible to get the Goldversion 8-10 days before the release in the press plus 1-3 days for the transport to the salehouses. Its also possible to get the goldversion 1-3 Days before the release, like 24' hour press but it cost more money.

Edited by Raptor

I'm quite disappointed with the way the rain effects don't interact with the standing water.

I think it does. Maybe not each raindrop, but you can see the difference between those water surfaces. And what about wind effects?

Either they have different surfaces premade or - more likely I think - the surface is "really liquid". We will see. But

Edited by Okdante

Is ArmA II capable of Seasons?

May be profitable to trawl through the ArmA pictures and see if we see signs of different seasons.

Kind regards walker

My understanding was that the whole game had an 'Autumn theme' throughout...

sweet looking ponds in the dev blog :D

Just missing some water drop fx when the rain hits the water but its a nice to have feature only :D

Wonder if any of the community will do big water falls n such later on :)

missing walk fx in water, it so more strange, than rain effect on water surface

Is the rain effect placeholder or is it final? those looks very OFPish(and no its not a good thing)

I just looked at the rain and.... eek :| Water is good though :)

Water looks suberb, but i feel when i saw the screens like if i forgot my glasess.... :P

For the screens, yes, but not necessarily for motion, as the depth of field (in-focus area) changes with the distance of the object centered on screen. Just like IRL, adapted for the smaller FOV of the screen.

Don't mean to argue, I just like it ;)

We have ponds here that look like that all the time. Leave the grass like that

in the pond.

505 Games press release on ArmAHolic.

I actually like that pack shot. A lot. For some reason, it actually reminds me of the original OFP: CWC one. Seems like a logical progression, in some way.

Does this mean we can actually have decent-looking rivers in the game?

My understanding was that the whole game had an 'Autumn theme' throughout...

Yes, the game is set in Autumn.. but if I understand it correctly, the foliage engine (Linda) is capable of generating any tree of any season.. so my guess is that once Linda is released (it is very sophisticated software - most likely quite expensive, maybe just some freeware tool with limited options) it is going to be relatively easy to replace current autmn trees with summer trees.. the textures of the terrain is a different matter, though.. It is too dark for spring, too color-burned for summer and too "not-snowy" for winter.. So modders will have something to do in the following months:)

I seen no rivers on the map of chernarus. But it would be more than stupid not to have them. Rivers is something you find all over that place, take my word for it, I'm from that area.

I love that water though, it looks beautiful. I just wanna swim in it in a camo suit, pretending that there are enemies who don't see me. Lol.

I seen no rivers on the map of chernarus. But it would be more than stupid not to have them. Rivers is something you find all over that place, take my word for it, I'm from that area.

I love that water though, it looks beautiful. I just wanna swim in it in a camo suit, pretending that there are enemies who don't see me. Lol.

I don't believe they are going to implement them.. however, no one can deny the strategic possibilities the rivers would bring.. In previous games the bridges didn't serve much purpose (only on Nogova, i think) but since tanks can't swim it would be most importat to guard the bridge so the units could cross the river - destroyed bridge would mean an unwelcome detour...

Btw, I think this picture has not been posted here.. it was not on the "water" page a few minutes ago, I guess it is pretty new:

more_small.jpg

Edited by Myshaak
I attached smaller version of picture.. the first one was too big..