Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Pretty neat, can't wait to see what happens when you drive a tank into a pond lol

lol, ok now ArmA2 will be also a swimming/fishing simulation.:D

<OT>So now we have a

-Hunting Simulation

-Fishing Simulation

-Farma

(-Possible Swimming Simulation)

I wonder what else is in the game:D;)

</OT>

Good and natural looking screenshots BIS, keep up the good work. :notworthy:

Water looks so good with vegetation under water. I can already imagine how the vietman mods will look in ArmA2. I cant wait the release date.

Hi all

Did anyone notice this

...So take a look and taste, how autumn coming in to Chernarus.

http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/finally-water_en.html

Hmm...

Kind Regards walker

Hi Bush

Talking about the quoted text not the blog post as a whole

Here I will be more obvious

...So take a look and taste, how autumn coming in to Chernarus.

Is ArmA II capable of Seasons?

May be profitable to trawl through the ArmA pictures and see if we see signs of different seasons.

Kind regards walker

Hi Bush

Talking about the quoted text not the blog post as a whole

Here I will be more obvious

Ok. sorry
Is ArmA II capable of Seasons?

May be profitable to trawl through the ArmA pictures and see if we see signs of different seasons.

Kind regards walker

No it's just that the game takes place in the autumn.

Good work BIS.... :bounce3:

it would be great to see some nice Waterplants and dead trees in the ponds like on the following pic.

Klick

Regards Culti

Good work BIS.... :bounce3:

it would be great to see some nice Waterplants and dead trees in the ponds like on the following pic.

Klick

Regards Culti

We are slowly drifting away from a military shooter/simulator to a "landscape and nature simulator" :p:D

@walker: I do believe they just mean they 'nailed' the autumn feeling.

The water, the leaves, the rain.

lol it's really funny to see how the people come up and want to see new integrated features in ArmA2. The game will be go gold in few days but there must be new particle effects for rain. :D

in the interview with Ivan Butcha all those months ago he stated that it was their (BIS) dream to have the terrain and foliage dynamically change with the time of year.

hopefully one day they can realize that. then it will be awesome

lol it's really funny to see how the people come up and want to see new integrated features in ArmA2. The game will be go gold in few days but there must be new particle effects for rain. :D

I'm glad you mentioned the game going gold, because I'm not 100% sure these release dates are correct. Don't games usually go gold a month or two before they're released? And isn't Arma II due in less than a month? Without an official date on Arma2.com I would remain wary of any date announced, even if it's supposedly from a publisher.

I'm glad you mentioned the game going gold, because I'm not 100% sure these release dates are correct. Don't games usually go gold a month or two before they're released? And isn't Arma II due in less than a month? Without an official date on Arma2.com I would remain wary of any date announced, even if it's supposedly from a publisher.

you do make a very good point. i think it would be interesting o see who has more power, peter (or any publisher) or BIS/IDEA. since BIS has the multipublisher deal again i could easily see them having more power in an agreement/contract negotiation.

in this case peter games (or who ever is the german publisher) says "we are releasing ArmA II in a week!" and BIS/IDEA puts its foot down and say "no, you arnt"

but then again, what do i know?

KershawSC_03.jpg

The water and ponds look great.

Who is making the Water Moccasin mod?

Edited by SWAT_BigBear
Pic

awesome water and ponds. now, we just need a civilian-fisher-Placebo in the editor that we could put near the ponds :p

Dynamite fishing !

First ones to make a rubber ducky addon, an airbed addon and a barbecue place will have huge popularity.

I already see poolparties coming along...

:pet7:

awesome water and ponds. now, we just need a civilian-fisher-Placebo in the editor that we could put near the ponds :p

:):):)

I think I have found BIS's PreRender for that addon!

Drat

img over size limit

The Garden Gnome Liberation Front (A real Organisation) had to free him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_Gnome_Liberationists#Garden_Gnome_Liberation_Front

he is now living at a secret safe house here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32913957@N00/279919169/

Joking aside we need fish to be added to the wild life. VBS1 had snakes so that should be fairly easy. Nice to have some frogs too.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Due to the actions of the Garden Gnome Liberation Front

You would only be catching 3 eyed fish in those waters by the looks, Chernarus looks a bit like Chernobyl.

I remember there were frogs in ArmA1 or was that Stalker... :confused:

Anyways the nature pics looks great. I enjoyed the atmosphere in Stalker, ArmA2 going to top that :yay: