Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Latest ArmA2 Press Coverage

Latest Arma2 Press Discussion

That is what is needed. Keep this thread being the discussion and have the coverage only for posting links and images. People then can quote the links provided from the Press Coverage thread here. I too hate traversing through pages and pages of junk to find a single link.

Those 2 devoted threads to an image of a UH-1Y and a whole separate thread on its sound is pointless. Take those 2 down and put a Press Coverage one up.

All better... 310,000 views and 3600 replies already in this thread alone.. Its annoying having to read through some of this stuff.

35348159.jpg

Edited by Victor

Good call Victor. And thats the usual way of managing threads like this. There will be huge ammounts of comments to this as it is juicy news.

+1

Alex

This had nothing to do with MadDog X ...Its about posts like this yours... and now this myne...

Well, until posting isn't allowed in this thread, I'll just let the moderators decide whether or not what I'm saying is appropriate or not, if that's okay with you.

I like this split topics idea, though.

I would like to see a media thread, where all the media the game is organized into one and keeps updateding everytime there is a new one on a lose. But no replys like Victor said, lock the thread and just make it for viewing only, talk about it at your own expanse.

maybe the mods should make another thread for actual coverage, lock it, and post stuff up there themselves... while leaving this for us to discuss what they post there - so yeah, I agree with Victor.

Like previously suggested, it would be nice to have this organized like the Arma screenshot thread.

One thread where you can ONLY post press coverage, and one thread where you could comment on the press coverage.

All the data organized, except the problem is that this forum will have to rely on voluntart work, the damge is already done as you can tell. We just need a Arma 2 info/media guru to sum all of this up and post a thread about it. Eventually, I am almost 90% sure than the mods/admins will eventually sticky it if not instantly.

Edit: SORRY VIDEO ISN'T NEW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsS1bw87Tbc

New video on beta. Horrible sound quality. I'm not entirely sure what the hell is going on or how the person recorded it but there's a lot of noise, some weird echoing voice that I think is caused by the person's headset/mic being turned on possiblity amongst other background noise. At one point the sound just drops out entirely. That and bad recording framerate.

Edited by Steakslim

Nice vid. "2(:cool:), BOARD(:mad:) car(:()."

:D

But is this february preview or really beta? :confused:

Can't really confirm, I saw it on the Project Reality forums and notice it hasn't been posted here as far as I could tell. Guess someone would have to ask the Everon guy/s who posted it.

Not strictly 'press' but looks like Dslyecxi has some more material coming - perhaps an update to the tactical guide ? http://dslyecxi.com/

I picked up the german PC Action magazine today because it contained a section on Arma2. :bounce3:

There were no really new revelations in there as they were probably using the same preview version that all the others got. Some new information tidbits though, which were previously unknown to me:

- The campaign will have four possible endings.

- Apparently, critically wounded soldiers can crawl to safety. (Not sure whether they just experienced getting shot in the legs though).

- Campaign should take at least 10-15 hours if you rush through without any side missions. Up to three times that if you do everything.

Other than that they mainly talked about the campaign story and certain known game features. They also compared the game to OFPDR (which they apparently featured last month). From their point of view, Arma2 will be much more complex and "deep" than OFPDR, but also with the inherently steeper learning curve that comes with complexity. They also favorably mentioned the existence of civilians and animals in Arma2, commenting that the civilians were an important part of the campaign.

Unlike PC Games they didn't feel the need to harp on about bugs in the preview version, which was unexpected and welcome.

I picked up the german PC Action magazine today because it contained a section on Arma2.

Did they say anything about the release date?

Did they say anything about the release date?

I didn't even check that, but now that you mention it: interestingly it says "Erscheint: Juni 2009" ("Release: June 2009"). :confused:

Weird. Possibly they're referring to the international release. I haven't heard anything about the german release being pushed back to June.

Read this "preview" too and as usual with articles in the PC Action last months ( since a few bad changes were made ... german/austrian/swiss readers will know what i mean ) its pretty bad ( not the games review but the writing style... mistakes and surprisingly they didnt even mention the hookers in the game... PCA readers will know why this is surprising ;) ) and says nothing.

I wanted to puke when i checked the most wanted reader charts again to find ArmA on postion 34 ( last month 23 ) and OFP2 on 10th position... guess mouth watering renders instead of real screens are prefferred today, false advertisement like that should be forbidden.

Scanning the article wouldnt bring much as the screens are nothing spectacular.

- Campaign should take at least 10-15 hours if you rush through without any side missions. Up to three times that if you do everything.

That's pretty good for an FPS...

That's pretty good for an FPS...

Battlefield simulator. :p

I wanted to puke when i checked the most wanted reader charts again to find ArmA on postion 34 ( last month 23 ) and OFP2 on 10th position... guess mouth watering renders instead of real screens are prefferred today, false advertisement like that should be forbidden.

Yea gamespot ranks Arma2 at 488 of 57,909. 199 of 11,256 if your only counting PC games. :(

Who cares if it is popular, it just have to be good for the true fans!

Who cares if it is popular, it just have to be good for the true fans!

They arent making it to please a few thousand HC fan, but to please millions and make a lot of $$.

Edit: now that you mentioned the German PC Action preview, I checked out the Hungarian Gamestar and they made one too. The author is very positive, and for one, he says tha AI is pretty good.

-AI takes cover quickly and uses supressing and covering fire a lot

-the officers move to a vista to scan the area while the soldiers are trying to surround the Razors

-AI uses grenades often

-when bullets pass close to you, the crosshair starts shaking

-the game runs very well on high settigns @ 1680*1050 with Core 2 Duo 6400/ATI 4870

The author recommends everyone to give a shot at the game.

Edited by ziiip

It's about angel of view. Lot of authors have no idea about simulation as ArmA. You can see on videos from preview version. Fans and at the same time authors rate this game claver. It is problem, many cool games not standing on freeform AI as OFP/ArmA/ArmA2.

Edited by spoock

nice 1 ziip , specially good to hear bout those specs - hopefully the uk wont get screwed with release date.