Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I think that too much press emphasis is focused on the game play compared to other FPS. I've never read press coverage that goes in depth to show how cool and important the built in mission editor is. I can't think of any game that offers as powerful tool as this game does. If they did and were able to quantify it in a way everyone can understand quickly, I think the game would sell many more copies.

I checked out the Hungarian Gamestar and they made one too. The author is very positive, and for one, he says tha AI is pretty good.

-AI takes cover quickly and uses supressing and covering fire a lot

-when bullets pass close to you, the crosshair starts shaking

Hi all

If that is true then ArmA has both sides of the Suppression equation covered.

That would be truly amazing. :eek: :yay: :)

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

If that is true then ArmA has both sides of the Suppression equation covered.

That would be truly amazing. :eek: :yay: :)

Kind Regards walker

True. Although it also appears that this reviewer is not too familiar with OFP/ArmA (i.e. AI uses grenades, AI surrounds you - that's something that was always in those games). I wonder how much our impression of AI's actions would have differed from his...

Peace,

DreDay

They arent making it to please a few thousand HC fan, but to please millions and make a lot of $$.

Edit: now that you mentioned the German PC Action preview, I checked out the Hungarian Gamestar and they made one too. The author is very positive, and for one, he says tha AI is pretty good.

-the officers move to a vista to scan the area while the soldiers are trying to surround the Razors

-AI uses grenades often

-the game runs very well on high settigns @ 1680*1050 with Core 2 Duo 6400/ATI 4870

The author recommends everyone to give a shot at the game.

Sounds promising. :D

True. Although it also appears that this reviewer is not too familiar with OFP/ArmA (i.e. AI uses grenades, AI surrounds you - that's something that was always in those games). I wonder how much our impression of AI's actions would have differed from his...

Peace,

DreDay

Assuming what he said is totally accurate, I've never seen officers 'go to a vista'. If it happened once, yea, it can be counted as coincidence. If he said that because if happens often, then it's new. I'd like to see how much my impression would be different... like this afternoon :p

They arent making it to please a few thousand HC fan, but to please millions and make a lot of $$.

Edit: now that you mentioned the German PC Action preview, I checked out the Hungarian Gamestar and they made one too. The author is very positive, and for one, he says tha AI is pretty good.

-the officers move to a vista to scan the area while the soldiers are trying to surround the Razors

-AI uses grenades often

-the game runs very well on high settigns @ 1680*1050 with Core 2 Duo 6400/ATI 4870

The author recommends everyone to give a shot at the game.

Any link or chance you can scan a copy of the review? I suppose its in Hungarian anyway so I wont be able to read it...

Any link or chance you can scan a copy of the review? I suppose its in Hungarian anyway so I wont be able to read it...

Hi thaFunkster

Here You go:

http://www.gamestar.hu/arma-ii-elso-benyomasok.html

The section dealing with suppression the AI using cover and the AI commander going to high ground to observe is in paragraph 5 above the M1A1 picture.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Any Australian readers here?

Do you know if PCPP have done any articles yet? I would think they would be watching closely as OFP was game of the year back in 2001...

-------

Edit: Thanks Walker - that was super quick!

Although it also appears that this reviewer is not too familiar with OFP/ArmA

Peace,

DreDay

The guy talked about his past OFP experience so he's not a newcomer. He mentioned Arma 1 as well, but didnt really do any more than that.

Edit: I read the article again to be sure i got everything right, and whoops...there isnt a single word about suppressing fire, only covering fire...sorry! The rest is absolutely true though.

Edit2: the 505 games press release mentions suppressive fire, so I guess its incorporated after all. :D

Edited by ziiip

PC gamer had a really good preview of Arma 2, (the very next page after the main article of Starcraft 2!)

"this is a virtual landscape you want to deliberately get lost in"

"Who cares about the war, - why not just go off into the virtual forests and live as a hunter?"

"in a few weeks this is exactly where im going to be standing: half way through a complex, non-linear conflictin a virtual theatre of war that dwarfs anything that has previously been attempted in a videogame."

Well, it's PC gamer...They hype just about everything. :)

different water levels sound good

so no more "sea" level only on map - good

different water levels sound good

so no more "sea" level only on map - good

Also, no more small lakes with insane tides. ;)

Well, it's PC gamer...They hype just about everything. :)

I personally agreed the writer about the "hunt, not war" point :rolleyes:

I personally agreed the writer about the "hunt, not war" point :rolleyes:

that means the gameplay is so bad compared to environment that you just stop shooting and glare at vistas.

j/k

I am still waiting for some AI vids that show how capable the are.

German PC and PC Gamer are rather rave reviews? Nice.

10 Days, 10hrs, 56 min till German release... Ok, who would be so kind as to sell me a copy? Please, oh Please.

German PC and PC Gamer are rather rave reviews? Nice.

10 Days, 10hrs, 56 min till German release... Ok, who would be so kind as to sell me a copy? Please, oh Please.

Am guessing you can buy it from Amazon.de and get it shipped off. Probably going to be all over eBay too. The only thing am worried about if I buy the German version if it doesnt have a English option.

Am guessing you can buy it from Amazon.de and get it shipped off. Probably going to be all over eBay too. The only thing am worried about if I buy the German version if it doesnt have a English option.

Yes you can order it from amazon.de, like i did. Hoping it has english language, tho in arma 1 it was only in german, but there was a patch where you could change it to english afterwards i think?

Heard pretty early on that the initial release will be multinational. I think we are set.

I'll look to confirm after work.

One week earlier? That is positive news, BI must be really confident if they dare to release it earlier then planned. :D

Excellence! But that's for Europe. As you can see, the American release date still hasn't been announced yet.

Release dates (according to publishers):

Germany, Austria, Switzerland: May, 29th

Czech Republic, Slovak Republic: June 17th

France : TBA

Poland : TBA

Hungary: TBA

Rest of Europe (505Games area): June 19th

Rest of Europe (SeVeN M area): TBA

North America: TBA

Russia: TBA

Australia: TBA

Rest of World: TBA

Oh well. If it's around the same time as the Europe release date, the demo should hold me over until the American release date. If not, then I'll just buy it online or from some place that mails to America.

France : TBA

Wtf !

where did you found this information ? source ?

Edited by Pinocul75