Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Anyone listened to this PC Gamer podcast?

http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/?p=247

Only just started listening now, but apparently they'll be talking about Arma 2.

EDIT: just listened to the first 20 minutes, then skipped through to the end but didn't find any Arma 2 references. Looks like they forgot it. Damn. :(

Edited by MadDogX

Nothing is said in that russian video about bad or stupid AI.

They say

1) sometimes AI don't obey orders

2) they dont' tell you why (that's really really annoying)

Old .

Weird, thanks for letting me know it's out dated. Google reported it as new within 24 hours, and the article is posted May 10th, 2009.

the pics are old. the article its self might not be

nonethe less, i think those pics are awesome

Anyone listened to this PC Gamer podcast?

http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/?p=247

Only just started listening now, but apparently they'll be talking about Arma 2.

EDIT: just listened to the first 20 minutes, then skipped through to the end but didn't find any Arma 2 references. Looks like they forgot it. Damn. :(

Same... They said at the beginning oh they will talk about arma2 ect but look's like they forgot it or cut out... I've listen questions till end, and no Arma2....

That's a Shame! :/

i wish we could see displays like that here in the US

edit: now that i think about it, that box art looks totally inappropriate for selling the game in a non-us country... the grizzly marine, machinegun, and a huge American flag waving in the background...

that flag there makes it look taky...

i personally just dont like that over masculine and in your face style box art. if i did not know what it was, i would probably just pass it by

i would prefer something more subtle like some of the place holder box art that some websites had before any official art was released.

a simple black back ground with a big red or silver ArmA II logo in the center. people look and think, "huh, what is this?" and pick it up.

or maybe i just dont understand you Germans :p

Edited by That guy

Maybe just the empty box with cover.

@Takko where did you got/saw it?

Edited by Raptor

Mhhh.... whats that? The language on the Packshot is german and on the left side i can read "Packshot not final". So i think its not a public buyable version.....

Regards -rF- Cultivator

the grizzly marine, machinegun, and a huge American flag waving in the background...

I agree, this cover matches a cheap B category movie. But honestly, how many people buy games by picking them in the store based on the cover? Nonetheless, it's bad, and that doesnt mean I give a sh!t about it. :D Still, they could replace it.

Hope to see some new infos + small ingame teaser on Arma2 and on all publisher websites. Something to increase the desire to buy & enjoy the new game...

I will remove that ugly cover from my dvd case and put arma 2 logo with white background.

Yup. They should have gone with something like that in the first place. There's an article about how the Left 4 Dead cover art was designed, where they checked out some games stores and realized that almost all covers are red, black or grey. So they thought, "hey let's go with green - it'll stick out" :D. In my mind, that's a stroke of brilliance. I can walk into my local EB Games and almost instantly spot L4D on the shelf.

The Arma 2 logo on a white background would definitely catch the eye better than this one.

The Russian video shows the main menu, revealing that the February press build is 0.74.56031 from 4/2/2009(D/M/Y).

I'm probably not allowed to say exactly what number the build is from this week but I'm probably ok in saying it's much higher than that ;)

I'm probably not allowed to say exactly what number the build is from this week but I'm probably ok in saying it's much higher than that ;)

well if you can't say exactly, how about you post it like 0.9x.xxxxx etc lol

Yup. They should have gone with something like that in the first place. There's an article about how the Left 4 Dead cover art was designed, where they checked out some games stores and realized that almost all covers are red, black or grey. So they thought, "hey let's go with green - it'll stick out" :D. In my mind, that's a stroke of brilliance. I can walk into my local EB Games and almost instantly spot L4D on the shelf.

The Arma 2 logo on a white background would definitely catch the eye better than this one.

Indeed. It would be better than the current cover. Let's hope it's not final.

Usually, games with photographs of real people are budget games.

I will remove that ugly cover from my dvd case and put arma 2 logo with white background.

I was going through the OFP: DR forums, and one person said that the OFP: DR cover was cheap, had a "cheap looking grunt" which one just wants to "punch in the face." Same could be said about ArmA 2's cover.

Hi all

LOL

I think scrub and others have not watched Dslyecxi's video. :D Yes you can pilot and it looks fun.

Hi Walker,

I was speaking of the other previews, seemingly with that build, that mentioned you could not pilot the vehicles (CTD). I have no idea what Dslyecxi's version number is, I'd bet it is different. I'm not at all implying that the basic engine is faulty. Just the repetitive complaints about the old preview build.. blah blah blah. 'Same bugs, no hope, all is lost'... getting old. I wish those people all knew the symptoms if insanity.. 'To do something the same way again and again, and expect a different result' (and yes, I've been insane like that before and it actually worked.. Am I now delusional? lol)

Simply put- Wait for a different build before hoping to see any change.

Edited by Scrub

I thought this thread was for press coverage, but maybe I can't read properly or something :rolleyes:

Anyway, wonder if we'll get an update this week. The previews showing the same old February build are getting pointless.

I'm kinda interested big websites like IGN or Gamespot haven't interviewed them yet. A video interview would be even better but I dunno how likely that is.

I'd send to biggies the "demo build" for their review rather then an early build.

First impression is always important ;)

With release only 2 or so months away, I'm doubting they'll create a whole new media release build.