Sign in to follow this  
teacup

Puny animation pack

Hi, those zombie anims reminds me to the people that i've seen "high"

on ketamine, they move the same... and must have the same brain

than a random zombie = rotten brain == brain death; the jump/pass

over anims are very pimp, good job. Let's C ya

Hmm, you've done a good job here, TeaCup. I'm always sceptical about anims for ArmA, but these are excellent. Super work. And the "get me over stuff" anims are top notch.

hey teaCup,

this is great. question tho... where these amin already in the game or did you make them?

I ask b/c i would love to see the default walk/crouched anim replaced with something more tactical. is this something you've considered?

thanks mate!

Nice addon with jumping over small fences!

Lets hope BIS animation studio add some good animations like climbing over objects...in next patch and Arma2. whistle.gif

Now we need drill sergeant for AI actions and chance to do these little jumps during forward movement.

Zombie.. erm maybe good to discover some melee combat animations!? wink_o.gif

Now see?

You see this?

This should have been already in Operation Flashpoint.

What's yer excuse BI?

Sleeping late?

Drugs?

This heavy metal hopitty-hops music you young hippies listen to?

How hard was that to implement really? People have been asking for this before I even got pubes!!!

banghead.gif

+1 WL for flame-baiting the developers.

Maybe they haven't implemented it because they didn't want to?

I've talked to teacup and he has given me permission to release a replacement that doesn't need TCP_AnimPack_v0.1.pbo to work , it's a standalone version. All you need is to put the replacement in your addons folder and it will enable the jump movement to all soldiers , you can grab it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

all credits to Teacup smile_o.gif

BTW you can also use the anims to hop through windows like in the hotel with broken blinds. Only in some spots though. Enough to "make entry" through a window. wow_o.gif

For those liking the more emo side of things, you can also jump off balconies LOL.

For those liking the more emo side of things, you can also jump off balconies LOL.

haha! I am hopping for an insane obstacle course with explosives! nener.gif

Wow, I think this is the living proof that you can implement jumps in arma WITHOUT turning the whole game into a bunny hopping fest a la Counterstrike.

If anyone wants to use these animations in their addon/mod, help yourself to them. Repack them, reconfigure them, do what you like. It wasn't my intention to replace saluting and sitting in ArmA, it was just a demo of how they can be triggered easily in the game.

Some would like the ability to swing over tall fences as well, I'm not going to try that. Let's face it, ArmA is not Assassin's Creed or DICE's upcoming parkour fantasy.. thank god smile_o.gif

I just found those little fences frustrating and figured it wouldn't be too much of a clumsy hack to animate the soldier jumping over them and raising the collision model. But scaling tall fences and walls could look weird and be sploiting-friendly (the player can already go through things he's not supposed to sometimes, due to collision geometry being less than the visible model). Don't see a way to teach these moves to the AI either..

I appreciate all the suggestions but don't count on my help in realizing them. If I like an idea I might work on it in my spare time, but I'm no Saudi prince, and a full time job can be a pain in the ass if you know what I mean.. tounge2.gif

I do have plans to bring more anims (and not just) to ArmA, but only time will tell.

To answer another question: these anims weren't in the game. I made them myself: put on the mocap suit, recorded the moves, cleaned up the optical data, retargeted to game skeleton, tweaked, exported, configured.. and here they are.

Peace out.

Yeah, i was just gonna say, looks awesome for free running (parkour) smile_o.gif

great addon release whistle.gif

My new most important addon, thanks teaCup and william1.  Hats off to BIS too for creating an engine so extensible that fundamental additions like this can be so readily included.

ok, i tried this thing out and the zombie animations are really effective, but how can you integrate these zombie anims into the proper nem zombies?..

It would look/feel so much better..

hi its a very big job for this animations very great job man

Like all the world I have one stupecfation for this animations of zombies  wink_o.gif

I recognize well the talent of the author of the wolf on ofp notworthy.gif

and its very eazy for configurate this animation for a zombies

with this original addons thx for a zombies fan smile_o.gif

i include this for a next released of a farmland zombie mod if you authorisate me.

Hi, there's a jump and roll animation already in game that i think

that may be as usefull as the short jump anim, at the time of jump

objects less tall than 1m that will be really pimp to implement or

substitute for the "step with care" animation; the animation that

im talking about is shown in this impresive video made by a group

of french players that have a klan and also make addons, shown

in the video.

Could that one substitute the "step with care" animation?. Let's C ya

There are some serious animation in that ADO video... But it must be all scripted I guess... Impressive work nonetheless...

+1 WL for flame-baiting the developers.

Maybe they haven't implemented it because they didn't want to?

They just didn't want that in their game. Period.

No need to go the drama way.

Thanks for your time anyway, Mr Troll...

There's many things I'd like to have seen in OFP. I don't throw a tantrum because BI didn't give me exactly the toy I wanted.

Hey.

Yo.

Dudes!

I was joking for Christ's sake!!!

Now, I understand you deal with whining posters every day but still...

I talked about drugs and hipitty hops, damn it!

I understand why BI didn't want jumping in their game. I appreciate it too. I am playing Arma to get away from this FPS jumping-all-over-I-can-take-a-full-clip-without-flinching business, so chill out.

I am just happy that farm fences and low walls will not be obstructing my movement anymore.

Is that a crime, I ask thee?

If it is, then strike me down for I shall celebrate my ability to lift my leg over a low obstacle, for a million years GOD IS MY WITNESS!

ps: Seriously, chill out.

Great animations guys..!!

hmm could u please make replacements for the BIS running animation.... whistle.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Now maybe they will give you another one for commenting on forum moderation in the public forums!

@Teacup

These animations are outstanding. Well done! Did you hand key them?

I 'm closer to crossing one of my biggest ArmA frustrations off

the list now, thanks. Those completely impassable 2-foot-

high flimsy wooden fences were a huge annoyance!

Is there a video of you in your mocap suit doing the zombie

anims?   biggrin_o.gif

No handky pandky. Morshuncapshure. No vidz, soz.

Hey.

Yo.

Dudes!

I was joking for Christ's sake!!!

Now, I understand you deal with whining posters every day but still...

I talked about drugs and hipitty hops, damn it!

I understand why BI didn't want jumping in their game. I appreciate it too. I am playing Arma to get away from this FPS jumping-all-over-I-can-take-a-full-clip-without-flinching business, so chill out.

I am just happy that farm fences and low walls will not be obstructing my movement anymore.

Is that a crime, I ask thee?

If it is, then strike me down for I shall celebrate my ability to lift my leg over a low obstacle, for a million years GOD IS MY WITNESS!

Tee-hee.. how you give teaCup laugh  rofl.gif

Oh the things that I'd record if I had a Morshuncapshure shtudio and camerash. Not so oddly the first thing that comes to mind is a not so good anim, but I bet very common in the army.

Oh the things that I'd record if I had a Morshuncapshure shtudio and camerash. Not so oddly the first thing that comes to mind is a not so good anim, but I bet very common in the army.

Announcing MehMan's "combat jack" anim pack? wink_o.gif