Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

Put The British army in the game that would make it even better and sort out the units i mean look at the US troops in iraq they look very intimidating wearing full body armour

Ok heres one major thing that ArmA Must have !

women1.jpg

Seriously the island cant be filled with men. Otherwise we must be doing one of the two:

1. Men only Island - You move to it for life

2. We import babies let them grow and they gay

Ive seen one woman in the game, the reporter. Like come on the Civilians theres like 20 and not one woman ...........  confused_o.gif

Anyway otherwise, game looks good, cant wait to see porto, hopefully we will get a screenie of the island before game relase.  yay.gif

P.S

I think BI play it like this:

One women for the Main Game - OFP = Angelina || ArmA = Reporter.

And maybe Women in Expansion - OFP = resistance || ArmA = Who knows nener.gif

british units would be good in a future expasnion, hell they are already makming the models for the MODs VBS pack.

and yes to women, even if they are just civillians, seriously how hard would it be for a studio like BIS to do femail animations and models. their are laods of women in the army thesedays just nt allowed to be front line infantry they can still fly planes, even when pregnent!

but dude find a better picture of some women, im sure their both men!

And maybe Women in Expansion - OFP = resistance || ArmA = Who knows  nener.gif

Maybe the new island in the expansion if sull of women! Hurray! tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Isn't there an option where you can choose a woman voice? lol

Umm im sure i read that this expansion was 'seperate' from the patching cycle or something... In an interview posted earlier in the thread.

Therefore i doubt that a script editor etc will be built in as i think that would probably require a patch and not a non essential expansion?

I was really hoping for a big island. That Porto island looks incredibly small to the point where there would be no need to attack it or defend it.

Maybe they are playing mind games and that screenshot isn't the whole island though.

Time to wait and see.

I'm curious how BIS is going to handle compatibility between ArmA and ArmA:QG during multiplayer. Will a patch make all ArmA players able to see/use the ArmA:QG content or will the ArmA and ArmA:QG players be forever separated?

I'm reminded of OFP:RES... but I can't remember how they handled that in terms of compatibility between RES and non-RES users.

Is there a reference to the new island Porto's size or a good overview? I'm glad a new island is being added, that's better than new equiptment since the community usualy has beter attention to detail with those things. smile_o.gif

*crosses fingers* I hope BIS does more to focus on the elements of ballistics, sound modeling, and infantry controls.

I'm curious how BIS is going to handle compatibility between ArmA and ArmA:QG during multiplayer. Will a patch make all ArmA players able to see/use the ArmA:QG content or will the ArmA and ArmA:QG players be forever separated?

I'm reminded of OFP:RES... but I can't remember how they handled that in terms of compatibility between RES and non-RES users.

Why would they want to allow players with the expansion to play with those without it? There would be several problems to solve, not to mention content from the expansion not being seen or useable by the other player.

At the most I would go with the idea of having them playing together if nothing from the expansion is being used, but then what is the point of it.

What the eff is wrong with a cowboy hat?  OH HES MUST BE HILLBILLY.  NOT COSMOPOLITAN SOPHISTICATE LIKE ME LOL.

I'm sick of this bunch.  You can spend 14 pages whining about ANYTHING.

Show me pic of today's mercenary in cobwboy hat. Yes thats right you can't find any...... they are making those uunits wihout any reference....

Why BIS is making expansion with mercenaries in shorts? They are better off creating WW2 African War

Since what i saw on screenshots didn't impress me at all....

The cowbow/aussie hat is a bit ridiculous. However, when I was with DynCorp as a PSS, I wore shorts all the time.

But in combat, dont think shorts would be great idea...

According to the interview, GQ and arma people should be able to play with eachother as long as they play missions that doesn't use GQ content. Like any other addon really.

RES and CWC was not compatible because they used two different version numbers. GQ and Arma will use same.

If the island isn't too small I imagine it's worth the purchase though, but we'll see.

Well, why would they put out a patch that gives content to people who didn't buy the expansion?

Obviously people without the content can't join a game thats using the new content.

The compatibility between Res and non-Res was that you either bought it or you were left behind.

edit: damn, forgot there was another page

Maybe not, but some of the best bush fighters there ever were would disagree.

http://members.tripod.com/selousscouts/gallery_three.htm

I thought Tonal scouts were the absolute best? confused_o.gif ..

The expantion must be in very early stage, thats why we dont have much to see yet.

I hope a special Arma pack will come out, including both disks, patch content and stuff smile_o.gif .

Is there a reference to the new island Porto's size or a good overview?  I'm glad a new island is being added, that's better than new equiptment since the community usualy has beter attention to detail with those things. smile_o.gif

*crosses fingers* I hope BIS does more to focus on the elements of ballistics, sound modeling, and infantry controls.

Image 1

Image 2

Doesn't look too big to me. Granted maybe there are more smaller islands but I will be kind of upset if its just that one. Im sure I will enjoy the expansion though no matter what.

As noted in the interview both 'versions' will stay compatible, so that must mean something like;

- all the engine changes, additions will come in a next patch

- new campaigns and island will come in the expantion pack

which sounds great to me;

+ fixes and enhancement for free

+ continues support for all versions

+ only pay for island and campaign if you want only that

BUT THIS IS SPECULATION OFFCOURSE

What the eff is wrong with a cowboy hat?  OH HES MUST BE HILLBILLY.  NOT COSMOPOLITAN SOPHISTICATE LIKE ME LOL.

I'm sick of this bunch.  You can spend 14 pages whining about ANYTHING.

Show me pic of today's mercenary in cobwboy hat. Yes thats right you can't find any...... they are making those uunits wihout any reference....

Why BIS is making expansion with mercenaries in shorts? They are better off creating WW2 African War

Since what i saw on screenshots didn't impress me at all....

The cowbow/aussie hat is a bit ridiculous. However, when I was with DynCorp as a PSS, I wore shorts all the time.

True, however in that line of work, while the AO might be in what's considered a combat environment, you are not involved in on-going "combat operations". I never went block by block house by house, searching for weapon caches or insurgents, or involved in any offensive operation a la Coalition activities. The less you wear... gear and clothing wise, the less you are encumbered and therefore have greater freedom of movement. Which is principal when involved with close protection details.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

Anyhoo, the expansion... *shudder*... shows these guys wearing all the wrong equipment.

Im sorry but IMHO ArmA is a game that is far from deserving of an expasnion. Give the community the tools, let us add content, and get to work on something new. They have been flogging this engine for 6 years now... its time to move on to Game2. Don't get me wrong... ArmA is a fine game, but its just OFP with better graphics.

As I have said in the past... ArmA was more an expansion for Flashpoint then a stand alone game. None of its "new" features are worth the 5 year wait and alot of people want to see something next gen in terms of gameplay. Sure, graphics wise ArmA took a leap forward, but its gameplay is exactlly the same... forget beating $$$ out of ArmA and work on Game2. Thats my opinion of what the devs should do anyway.....

Flogging? Not sure how you mean that, VBS series doesn't exactly count towards the public, much less two.

The game itself was only production for about a year, and the company is NOT working on this expansion, so its not taking away from game2.

Yes I would like to hear some intel on game2 myself, the team was so small and we'v heard practicly nothing about it in a long time.

Infact I was so curious about that I scanned the images thoroughly to see if there were various references to arma, surely enough, there are plenty.

Sure, graphics wise ArmA took a leap forward, but its gameplay is exactlly the same... forget beating $$$ out of ArmA and work on Game2.

Pfft, show me a FPS expansion that radically altered the gameplay for the better. Meh, I'll answer my own question with 2 good examples of games that went "next gen" and jumped the shark Graw < Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 Vegas < Rainbow 6.

Look at all the corridor shoots such as COD 1-200 or however many there are. Do you think any new iteration will have different or "better" gameplay?

Also, the expansion is coming out if you like it or not. The people working on Game2 are not the same who are working on an expansion, lol.

edit: and don't even bother about the BF series. Pieces of crap. Stupid games for people who just want quick gameplay.

According to the interview, GQ and arma people should be able to play with eachother as long as they play missions that doesn't use GQ content. Like any other addon really.

RES and CWC was not compatible because they used two different version numbers. GQ and Arma will use same.

If the island isn't too small I imagine it's worth the purchase though, but we'll see.

Thanks wamingo. I kind of remember now that's how RES or CWC worked with OFP. It's just a mod that you have to pay to own so you can join any server using the mod's content. That's fine with me as it won't split the community unless they really love the QG content, which I doubt.

I read in many comments that community can make better things than BIS do with tools. Why do you think so? There are many talented peoples in BIS recruited from community and I'm sure that they do their best!

I think that only 20% of new addons will ever reach technical quality of official BIS addons or will be better as BIS ones.

Many of you seem not to realize that there are many technical properties which would be completely unknown to community addonmakers without support of BIS. I assume that even if BIS model is seemingly inferior, it is because huge effort was made to make it playable and working in the engine.

edit: and don't even bother about the BF series. Pieces of crap. Stupid games for people who just want quick gameplay.

A little bit offtopic

I really don't understand this things... Why the hell do you think that bf is "stupid" and arma not? They are games, people can choose what type of games they want to play, and if someone wants to play bf series (as i do while waiting for arma) you have to respect him.