Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

Are those zombies on strategy informer's night screenie?

This should be interesting goodnight.gif

I always end up with a CTD or sometimes a complete cold reboot in MP (about 1-1,5 hours of play). I don't have any problems in other games.

I had the same problem with bf2 after a while, even worse with SF. After I upgraded however I was having less trouble, whiped and reformatted the computer as well and so far I have not had any problems with any games.

hello

Fingers crossed that the expansion disk will be optional for online play and not essential.

Unless, that is, if it has major engine rewrite/optimisation.

I don't want to "have" to buy it to continue online play.

Although, if it is half decent, I'll get it anyhow smile_o.gif

As i said before, looks interesting, lets hope we get more sim and less FPS style gameplay IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

Heetseeker Having CTDs every 5-10-20min minutes when playing a game and not being able to start your game is hardly the players fault. and im on XP they may have worked on 1.08 a great deal but its still far from perfect with these 2 major issues.

Now if thats the way they want to leave it and start on expansions its not very professional is it.  wink_o.gif

You'v tried to reformat the computer,whipe it completely and so on and try it as that?  It may be something wrong with your OS or the computer itself and not so much the game.

Ive done everything possible. Its the game not my computer.

Are you 100% on that.

A lot of people are running it o.k.

no problems with any other games and or software so it has to be...

Heetseeker Having CTDs every 5-10-20min minutes when playing a game and not being able to start your game is hardly the players fault. and im on XP they may have worked on 1.08 a great deal but its still far from perfect with these 2 major issues.

Now if thats the way they want to leave it and start on expansions its not very professional is it. wink_o.gif

You'v tried to reformat the computer,whipe it completely and so on and try it as that? It may be something wrong with your OS or the computer itself and not so much the game.

Ive done everything possible. Its the game not my computer.

I've seen your thread but info is a bit vague.

Make a post there with detailed system specs, detailed description of your crash and RPT. file.

Better keep this one on topic.

I guess no-one has heard anymore from BI themselves regarding this expansion?!

Probably a stupid suggestion, but why not lock this thread UNTIL some official informatin has been brought out and THEN we can have a debate based on facts, instead of assumptions that ultimately leads us into this so boring "good vs bad" disscussion.

I see that i used some pretty difficult words for a non English speaking person so pardon the ev. misspellings biggrin_o.gif

Hmm it only looks like its a new campaign and possibly new units/reskins...

PERSONALLY... i'd rather just have performance improving patches, bug fixes and maybe the odd new feature now and then.

The fact is, campaigns and missions can be made NOW by the community, tools i'll be glad to have also smile_o.gif

I hope also it wont be *like* resistance where it killed everyone's FPS with new graphics etc People have upgraded their pcs enuff IMO!

So my personal view: I'd prefer free patches before a new campaign smile_o.gif

I'm guessing the people that work on the core engine, ie those that fix bugs are not the same people that make units and missions. Gotta give the artists something to do while the others are off bug squishing.

A expansion with marines and seals would be cool.

This one sounds cool but the gear of the units dont look right.

And a new island is a must a complete desert island would be cool.

Hell, for the sake of being different I hereby declare that the sole factor that determines if I will or will not buy the expansion is the inclusion of that COWBOY HAT. Either they replace it with one of those goddamned Dr Seuss hats that were ever-so popular... 10 years ago, or I'm walking out in protest. Dont make me phone CNN!

But all joking aside, I'll buy it. Hell, I bought Supreme Commander and uninstalled it months ago! Same with Company of Heroes. Hopefully the expansion will satisfy, but if not... meh. Not going to grandstand about it.

I'd much rather see IFOR enter to fold. UK, ADF, NZDF, German forces or at the very least, just one of them. And I agree with Danbri, it should be locked until we get an official statement.

Having a separate team developing gameplay additions means BIS can focus on patches. Here's hoping Black Element can produce two great campaigns, since that's their sole focus....

Is there any review of this game from developer team itself or any notes how they have managed in their expectations of gameplay and features before they begun making this game? They promises in early of year 2001 that tehy will make games so long that one of them will reach absolutely reality. I hope that they have still have this ambition.

Has it actually been confirmed by BIS to be anything (including) other than an "Official" 505 release?

Quote[/b] ]Having a separate team developing gameplay additions means BIS can focus on patches

Am I right in thinking BIS has dedicated artist employees that don't work on patches?

What the eff is wrong with a cowboy hat?  OH HES MUST BE HILLBILLY.  NOT COSMOPOLITAN SOPHISTICATE LIKE ME LOL.

I'm sick of this bunch.  You can spend 14 pages whining about ANYTHING.

Show me pic of today's mercenary in cobwboy hat. Yes thats right you can't find any...... they are making those uunits wihout any reference....

Why BIS is making expansion with mercenaries in shorts? They are better off creating WW2 African War

Since what i saw on screenshots didn't impress me at all....

uscrimeiraq003.jpg

merc_left.jpg

http://www.onesixthhobby.com/images/PMC1.jpg

Main-Helo.jpg

942.jpg

good idea, my theory is that the initial campaign was made within about 4 weeks, from the date that BI announced that they were releasing ArmA and they needed a quick capaing to be included.

over the last 6 months the team has been adding and expnding on the mission editor part. Look at how Blood Sweat and Tears adds team switching! thats the way to make a full campaign, sort of Oblivion arma where you dicided the fate of the character that your playing, like in OFP where if you lost at montinac you did that other mission.

my thought is that these will be 2 good campaigns, also whos to say Rahmadi isnt a new island, maybe the original was again rushed.

not sure if this has been mentioned,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Gambit

What the eff is wrong with a cowboy hat?  OH HES MUST BE HILLBILLY.  NOT COSMOPOLITAN SOPHISTICATE LIKE ME LOL.

I'm sick of this bunch.  You can spend 14 pages whining about ANYTHING.

Show me pic of today's mercenary in cobwboy hat. Yes thats right you can't find any...... they are making those uunits wihout any reference....

Why BIS is making expansion with mercenaries in shorts? They are better off creating WW2 African War

Since what i saw on screenshots didn't impress me at all....

The cowbow/aussie hat is a bit ridiculous. However, when I was with DynCorp as a PSS, I wore shorts all the time.

any one not gonna play the PMC campaign due to moral grounds?

I have to agree to an extent, even if it was meant as an attempt at sublime humor. It's a very touchy subject considering the stigma that surrounds the "profession" so too speak.

it was ment as a sly humor, wrote a essay about it this year for my course in international politics. i was surprised that they existed originally thats what got me interested. PMCs in one form or another have been arround since before roman times "Soldiers for hire". one thing that shocked me was that they have been used for some of the most dangerous missions in Campaigns, Ex Delta, SAS, trained soldiers that if they die or get killed their faces dont get put across the news due to them being "Civillian", increasing anti war apethy.

spose PMCs are will be here to stay untill the army can give its recruits 5 figure pay checks a month.

flicking through the pages on this thread i can see alot fo complaints about the price of the game and the expansion pack itslef.

The expansion pack is 25 dollars right? thats £15-20ish here in the UK, thats quite a fair price for a expansion pack, the content, new weapons, vehicles and 2 new campaigns, Patches and engine updates, thats a good price, the last sims expansion pack i bought was £15 on play.com, i got 150 objects and the weather(a major game enhancement) and ill buy all the sims expansion packs that come out as it makes the game much better.

the patches are included also to help thos people who bought the game and dont know that it can be patched (yes thier are people out their like this, out of all my friends who play games like MTW2, Oblivion and OFP (one of whom hadnt patched it since resistance expansion came out!wink_o.gif i am the only one who checks for patches at all.)i bet alot of people who saw armed assault in GAME havnt even been on these forums, let alone look for the custom content that the community supplies.

its also a way for BI to make money and fund GAME 2 reserch.

I wouldnt be too opposed to a BF2 style string of expansion packs, Such as a EU one adding British, French German units and adding campaigns that include them. many would claim that the community can create addons just as good for free.

it would be good as i am a major SP mission player, nt realy got into MP, to have different packs with different campaigns that add editor features to the engine, even engine upgrades, as long as the money from these goes to funding Game 2, as the sims 2 expansions goes to funding RnD for the sims 3.

If you do not get thi expansion pack then it is likey that the next big game from BI will never happen.

it was ment as a sly humor, wrote a essay about it this year for my course in international politics. i was surprised that they existed originally thats what got me interested. PMCs in one form or another have been arround since before roman times "Soldiers for hire". one thing that shocked me was that they have been used for some of the most dangerous missions in Campaigns, Ex Delta, SAS, trained soldiers that if they die or get killed their faces dont get put across the news due to them being "Civillian", increasing anti war apethy.

spose PMCs are will be here to stay untill the army can give its recruits 5 figure pay checks a month.

It's not only those aspects, but the ones that seem to be neglected. The Aegis video, Custer Battles robbing banks and or shooting at US Marines, a do what you will policy concerning engagement policies. Of course this has changed since the DoD will now charge those in a military court that have committed what are defined as "war-crimes". The private military enterprise will only grow. Hell, it's cheaper than putting conventional forces on the ground.

It's a good thing they are showing these different unit's etc before anywhere near releasing it.

Always time for improvement wink_o.gif