Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

So do you guys still play on the PC that you had since 2001 then.

Yes. I have refused to buy a new computer, ArmA is actually the only software product I have which would require a better computer. I can play ArmA, in some spots not enjoyably, but it works and if I can avoid buying new hardware I will do it.

I will buy Queen's Gambit. I must have the whole collection of OFP and ArmA.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]ARMA's campaign is more like a bunch of poorly done missions put together. What are the chances that BIS will come out with a great story? Does the author of the 2 OFP campaigns still work for BIS?

Actually, the lead mission designer from CWC rejoined BIS to work on the ArmA campaign. It's hard to believe though isn't it? =/

I have been very active player to OFP/ArmA-series above all the rest games on market but I will not tolerate BIS release again a soulless unfinished product like ArmA was on its time. I would like to see in further BIS working on improvements in many areas like in AI, realism on vehicles, game performance enchacing, Multiplayer addons/mods managering and anti-cheats programs. I didnt missed a lot when there wasnt decent campaign in ArmA. Community can make infinite campaigns/missions but for marketing reason there allways should be however included a campaign in game whit some vivid story.

I see BIS future in game engine making and staying up this community to aim more realistic wargames. I am not looking for expansion whithout any engine upgrades like in OFP resistance they made. Expansion and ArmA itself will sell if it can provide an authentic warhead feeling whit realism and game´ll run well on requirement specs computer. I rly wanna see ArmA to be good direct from parcel without community made mods and tweaks those should be only extra contect.

In my opinion, I think its kind of funny, how BIS haven't even finishing all the features for ArmA, yet it appears they are already focussing on an Expansion.

And another thing I think ,is that the reason that theyre oging to release the Expansion before the tools, is because once the tools are out, there will be no need for an Expansion. And all the new Addons/Mods will blow it out of the water.

What I don't understand: This expansion comes with 1.08 Final. We're months away, and so... we are to expect nothing for many months to come. The 1.08 we have now and the 1.08 that's coming will not be that different... if it was, it'd be 1.09 or above.

It'd be nice to see enhancements in AI/mp support/anti cheater. But I doubt it...

What BIS made expansion are you talking about...?

There is none. If you want to stay with the ArmA/OFP analogy you have to compare Queens Gambit to the Red Hammer Addon campaign that was made by a codemasters team but not to OFP:R that was a true addon.

And all the new Addons/Mods will blow it out of the water.

There were no mods "to blow OFP out of the water" until two years after it's release.

The most of the single mods were quite useless since they did not fit each other...like superpowered BMP3s and invulnerable M1A2SEPs and Black Eagles twice the real size, or Helos that were immune to SAMs.

the next problem was to find Servers that had your addons, or to find the right addonversion the server had....the most seen message in this times was the "missing addon XYZ.pbo" message popping up....!

And all the new Addons/Mods will blow it out of the water.

There were no mods "to blow OFP out of the water" in two years after its release.

The most of the single mods were quite useless since they did not fit each other...like superpowered BMP3s and invulnerable M1A2SEPs and Black Eagles twice the real size or Helos that were immune to SAMs.

Spot on. i really hope something can be done BY THE COMMUNITY to make it so that different add-ons can be played and still 'fit each other'. what i do not know.

Confirmed features?

Quote[/b] ]Troop leader contactor, infantryman, contactor sniper, explosive expert, and mechanic.

Vodnik, Dakota DC2, Lobster sedan, Datsun mg on the roof, Toyota mg in the loading space, Hilux mg on the roof.

Resources management (equipment management). Weapon dealers and weapon smugglers, who sell their deadly toys to it and their comrades.

The last part sounds...well...I don't really know. As if they're attempting to combine elements form BF2, Soldner, Jagged Alliance etc etc, into what is supposed to be as close as you can get to a combat sim.

http://petergames.de/Armed-Assault-Queen-s-Gambit.38.0.html

...So do you guys still play on the PC that you had since 2001 then. I know that buying ArmA wasnt cheap for me, since i bought a whole new system to run games like ArmA, only to find the only game it doesn't run too well, is ArmA...

Well reading some of your previous posts, very few people spend the kind of money that you do on a PC. My PC isn't just for ArmA, and it's not a hugely expensive quad-GPU machine either.

You don't need a very expensive PC to play ArmA well.

Depends on the missions...those in the original ArmA Campaign were very short...with some good mission editing and a good plot and a few scripts, a lot of long playing scenarios are possible inside just one mission.

OFP CWC and OFP:R had a few of such branching missions. Also, the DC2 Dacota and Vodnik are worth a few bucks alone.

Depends on the missions...those in the original ArmA Campaign were very short...with some good mission editing and a good plot and a few scripts, a lot of long playing scenarios are possible inside just one mission.

OFP CWC and OFP:R had a few of such branching missions. Also, the DC2 Dacota and Vodnik are worth a few bucks alone.

I'm more concerned with the PMC aspects, and I can guarantee that the DC-2 Dakota is likely related to the mercs, and their mission. As if they fell off some retro wagon from Rhodesia during the Bush Wars. It all seems highly lame, tacky, and contrived. As if they said "Hey, I have an idea! PMCs/Mercs are an in-thing right now.", and simply slapped it in there for good measure. Hell, it's fairly obvious from the screens that they conducted no previous research into those roles.

Confirmed features?
Quote[/b] ]Troop leader contactor, infantryman, contactor sniper, explosive expert, and mechanic.

Vodnik, Dakota DC2, Lobster sedan, Datsun mg on the roof, Toyota mg in the loading space, Hilux mg on the roof.

Resources management (equipment management). Weapon dealers and weapon smugglers, who sell their deadly toys to it and their comrades.

The last part sounds...well...I don't really know. As if they're attempting to combine elements form BF2, Soldner, Jagged Alliance etc etc, into what is supposed to be as close as you can get to a combat sim.

http://petergames.de/Armed-Assault-Queen-s-Gambit.38.0.html

i think that sounds very nice. inlove.gif many of those games are very enjoyable in the company of friends in lan or taking turns at the same computer playing it out testing strategies and having a bunch of laughs when you do things wrong or hear or see something bizzare or funny smile_o.gif The vehicles in the expansion makes me actually very happy cause i really want bas to come back and make tonahl and its addons to arma but that wont happen in a few months at least it feels like so i just happy take what Bi feeds me smile_o.gif . I would say that playing arma is like when you are testing out different dip sauces at mcdonalds and you take the ketchup and throw in pepper and mix it up or suddenly gets a idea ohh what about french frie hamburger and stuff in french fries to see how it looks like and tastes like. biggrin_o.gif I just totally love to experiment in the arma with mission making and jumping from server to server online. just to bad my friends are usually so busy these days to beta test my missions.

I will absolutely buy Queens gambit just for the pick up trucks with Mg's pistols.gif support the game makers that make good games! Ok arma might not be as super perfect campaign like cwc 85 or res campaign or red hammer but i knew when i bought arma that i wouldn't jump to quickly into the campaign anyways, for me its the mission editor, addons, and mp thats my favourites anyways.

In essence, my personal thoughts are I couldnt care for more reskins or one or two vehicles. But if there is a patch update essentially were paying for that more then anything else.

Think about it.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Resources management (equipment management). Weapon dealers and weapon smugglers, who sell their deadly toys to it and their comrades.

This sounds like a nice addition biggrin_o.gif

Include the features found in Virtual Battlefield.

The tracers, the deployables, the 3D editors, the real world maps and the on the fly mission editing.

That's what it will take for me.

I don't play this game. The advancements I was looking for are not there.

Stick them in along with the other snappy new ones I've seen, and BIS will have something I'm intrested in.

No offence to the nice people who will, but I don't expect to be buying this expansion. I'd like to, but I don't honestly them to make what I am looking for.

I think if they were going to, they already would have done.

I will of course be sure to take a look at it and check but expectations are low at my end.

Well i noticed the changes it from Official expansion to Eagerly awaited mission pack for ArmA Im not buying a mission pack. Ill get the addons and missions from someone else. Unless there is an update too? banghead.gif Information people. ... :?

Quote[/b] ]Include the features found in Virtual Battlefield.

The tracers, the deployables, the 3D editors, the real world maps and the on the fly mission editing.

Then go and buy VBS 2 for 1802 $

apart from demanding the same features from an expansion for 30 Euros. goodnight.gif

here is all the info on the expansion , scroll down to see the english translation.

spoocks interview with marek.

a sample extract

Quote[/b] ]Spoock: What inspired you to make an expansion pack and will it bring more than just few addons and SP/MP missions (and two campaigns)?

Marek (Španěl): Our partners in distribution gave us the primary impulse for new expansion pack and we also hope that new players who don't know ArmA at all could be interested.

Besides new campaigns and multiplayer missions, the expansion will bring new island Porto, which will enrich ArmA and will be favorite alternative to old maps - Sahrani is too large (for some types of games is it useless), Rahmadi is just small and desert, Porto is between them and fits just in the game.

Spoock: How long are you working on expansion Queen's gambit?

Marek: From beginning of this year.

Spoock: Original game has still lots of bugs, don't you think, that it would be better to focus on improving playability, which improved much since release of game in November, but still there is some work to do?

Marek: We have done a lot of work since November release for improving the game and I don't think we neglected anything. Almost anyone can find something to improve or add for the game of this size, but we must go forward and make new things, which will be profitable. Developing of games is feeding us and the distribution of original game secured us and our work for just short time. Paid addon like Queen's Gambit is the only way to bring something new to ArmA. It is entirely on you - players of ArmA - how will you perceive it.

Quote[/b] ]Include the features found in Virtual Battlefield.

Then go and buy VBS 2 for 1802 $

apart from demanding the same features from an expansion for 30 Euros.  goodnight.gif

I did although not for the price you quote! I own both but find myself using VBS2 more often, especially since most addons and missions for ArmA are usable as well.

Quote[/b] ]Paid addon like Queen's Gambit is the only way to bring something new to ArmA. It is entirely on you - players of ArmA - how will you perceive it.

So does this means that the tools will not support old arma 1.08 and this expansion is must to all ArmA player like OFP Resistance was so all usermade contect will only work whit expansion?

Quote[/b] ]Paid addon like Queen's Gambit is the only way to bring something new to ArmA. It is entirely on you - players of ArmA - how will you perceive it.

So does this means that the tools will not support old arma 1.08 and this expansion is must to all ArmA player like OFP Resistance was so all usermade contect will only work whit expansion?

No he is saying that the only way that bis could afford to develop new things for arma was for a publisher to commision bis to make new "expansion" and for the public to buy it.