Sign in to follow this  
awins1

Expansion: Arma: Queen's Gambit

can't wait too check out the new buildings in united sahrani smile_o.gif

also i think a smaller island for mp might be good for server performance and stuff. smile_o.gif especially for big scripted missions with tons of enemies and friendlies wink_o.gif

can't wait too check out the new buildings in united sahrani smile_o.gif

also i think a smaller island for mp might be good for server performance and stuff. smile_o.gif especially for big scripted missions with tons of enemies and friendlies wink_o.gif

I hoped that they made some optimizations on the engine, rather than take a shortcut and make a smaller island for MP.

and judging for the pics the santa-merc is still in but they have a nice PMC kinda soldier in backround..

and wishlist for GC:

-working javelin

-working TOW

thats all i need

On the subject of Islands - we need more 'balanced' areas, where team vs team scenarios can be 'fair' to both sides, there's many places on sahrani that are 'almost' balanced, but there's always some factor that unbalances it, especially on the 5-10 km ranges of battle-area.

Hmm...interesting reflections on the water, I don't recall current Arma water being able to reflect enviroment other then the sky.

I'll probably be getting it because again, we only know what we can see and currently not much has been released to let us see. How are we to know if its not similar to resistence in a coding enhancement and optimization kind of way?

It does sound like this expansion is even more streamlined, with the way the description of the basis of the missions sounds along with porto, but I'm sure Porto will be welcomed online, I'v heard alot of people griping about Sahrani being too big, even worse, calling it a level..

But CQC has been a big rompus of late and everyone likes a good go at urban combat once in awhile, I can't say much about Sahrani United..had to say, due to the little information given, the chosen cover doesn't look too bad either.

As for the balance of the islands, thats kind of how wars go, its not about finding balance, its about overpowering your enemy with the terrain, if both sides chose good spots then theres your balance.

Hmm...interesting reflections on the water, I don't recall current Arma water being able to reflect enviroment other then the sky.

Noticed that too, looks like motion blur applied to the screenshot.

Guest Ti0n3r

Probably fake. Wanna bet? tounge2.gif

United Sahrani sounds interesting but the whole expantion aproach doesnt sound like the best one..

Instead of redesigning another Sahrani and making a new small island (Porto) why not make a large new island? It wouldnt have to be as big as Sahrani.

The Rahmadi conflict's 3 mission campaign? Whats the point? Why not have the designers focus on the main campaign and make it good/better?

And the new units in this expantion?

HMMWV limousine?

Pickups with MG's?

6G30 grenade launcher?

DC3?

What? huh.gif

Im far from impressed.. i think Arma deserved better.

Noticed that too, looks like motion blur applied to the screenshot.

Could be, the length of the streaks from the objects is a tad bit unnerving for suspicion, just gotta hope for the best I suppose, I also find myself wondering if the clouds in the same image are part of the game, wondering if its 'the newest' image.

I sure hope they don't ravage the humvee's appearence like the civilian sector does and turn it into an actual limo..http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/uploaded_images/StreatchHumveewDSCF1883-770702.jpg a humvee just doesn't have the right appearence, then again thats H2...civilianized humvee...bleh. But thats just my two cents, not that it matters wink_o.gif

Hi @all

another question, which is the new Packshot, the winner artwork from Queen´s Gambit or the old pic of armedassault.com the pic right upper corner.

I read on Queen´s Gambit webside "...and will be used as the official artwork for the release" huh.gif

Any help for me  help.gif

You must understand a military training tool and a pc entertainment game created by two different companies, on two different continents will differ in content and price.

How you define the software, who makes it and where; are none of my concern.

You must understand that if I see something that could have the features I am looking for at the price I want to pay, but doesn't.

I won't buy it.

Dunno if anyone saw it already, but ArmedAssault.com has been updated with some minor details about the new campaigns and islands.
Quote[/b] ]The Rahmadi Conflict: Beautifly designed 3 large missions involving massive battles between the SLA, US and RACS forces within massive fortifications.
Quote[/b] ]Royal Flush: A group of seasoned mercenaries in 7 action/ stealth missions hungry for one dirty goal. Just what is really waiting at the end of the road? New features of this campaign include equipment management including arms merchant.
Quote[/b] ]Porto Island: designed for smaller multiplayer scenarios and offers perfect environment for intense battles in urban terrain
Quote[/b] ]United Sahrani: United Sahrani contains new structures built since the original story of Armed Assault with dozens of improvements

LOL Joke of the year!!!

The Rahmadi Conflict: A 3 mission campaign. Wow large missions, it will take only 30 minutes to finish them icon_rolleyes.gif You want to get the sense of the quality? Play the OFP mini campaigns "Hawk in Shadows" and "Hawk in Nest". Short but very good campaigns, probably better than the Queen campaign.

Royal Flush: 7 missions lol. With a new feature, the merchant! Probably just lets you pick your own weapon before the mission.

As for the 2 islands, whats the point if there won't be many missions to play on them. Heck, they haven't even exploited 10% of the original ARMA island. Guess thats for the community.

BIS's strategy sounds more similar to Hollywood by day. Make a bunch of crap and hope that eventually something good will come out.

In other words, folks, All the campaigns of the queen expansion will be shorter and inferior to the single campaign of the Resistance expansion.

In other words, folks, All the campaigns of the queen expansion will be shorter and inferior to the single campaign of the Resistance expansion.

Are you taking investors on that time machine you have? You don't have a fucking clue if they will be inferior or not. Nice try asshole. Don't like it or don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. God I'm sick of negative pricks like you.

I have a time machine. Want to bet that I'm right? How much do you got?

I am very confident in what I say, are you?

Actually no I'm not. They may be worse than the Resistance campaign, but FFS sitting around and crying about something you haven't even seen yet is a worthless effort. I'm a positive person, I'll find redeeming value in it even if it's not as good as Resistance.

Stop gettting Ebud all worked up new guy. mad_o.gif

Im looking forward to this expansion...it may suck and it may not, we'll have to wait and see. thumbs-up.gif

Dunno if anyone saw it already, but ArmedAssault.com has been updated with some minor details about the new campaigns and islands.
Quote[/b] ]The Rahmadi Conflict: Beautifly designed 3 large missions involving massive battles between the SLA, US and RACS forces within massive fortifications.
Quote[/b] ]Royal Flush: A group of seasoned mercenaries in 7 action/ stealth missions hungry for one dirty goal. Just what is really waiting at the end of the road? New features of this campaign include equipment management including arms merchant.
Quote[/b] ]Porto Island: designed for smaller multiplayer scenarios and offers perfect environment for intense battles in urban terrain
Quote[/b] ]United Sahrani: United Sahrani contains new structures built since the original story of Armed Assault with dozens of improvements

LOL Joke of the year!!!

The Rahmadi Conflict:  A 3 mission campaign.  Wow large missions, it will take only 30 minutes to finish them  icon_rolleyes.gif   You want to get the sense of the quality?  Play the OFP mini campaigns "Hawk in Shadows" and "Hawk in Nest".  Short but very good campaigns, probably better than the Queen campaign.  

Royal Flush:  7 missions lol.  With a new feature, the merchant! Probably just lets you pick your own weapon before the mission.

As for the 2 islands, whats the point if there won't be many missions to play on them.  Heck, they haven't even exploited 10% of the original ARMA island.  Guess thats for the community.  

BIS's strategy sounds more similar to Hollywood by day.  Make a bunch of crap and hope that eventually something good will come out.  

So what if its shorter? I better play shorter campagin, but with betetr quality then original ArmA Campagin...

Sometimes quality is better then quantity...

You can create good campagin only using one mission, did you play dynamic campagins?

goodnight.gif

I would also like to take this time to remind everyone, especially the new guys complaining about BIS on this matter. BIS is not making this expansion.

I would also like to take this time to remind everyone, especially the new guys complaining about BIS on this matter.  BIS is not making this expansion.

Eh... Do you mean 505 or IDEA Games is making it ? I haven't read that information.

I'll have a look to clarify.

Malick

I would also like to take this time to remind everyone, especially the new guys complaining about BIS on this matter. BIS is not making this expansion.

Actually BIS is making most of it. Black Element is just making the merc campaign.

We`ll see what we get, ones Queen`s Gambit hit the stores.

I`ll buy it for sure, as it will not be that expansive and me want more islands and stuff, to build missions with. smile_o.gif