Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

Luckily ArmA grants half of us a very nice alternative to General forum's constant grinding.

Quote[/b] ]And just as a side note to that 'trolling thing'; if there would be a 9 pages full of posts similar like "Amazing job" and "yeah juhuuu! a lifesign of the next official patch! juhuuuu!" and "Keep up the good work BI! yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif" and not to go on, that would not bother you one bit, right boss? And I'm not against such a fanboy parties, not at all, have a blast, what do I care about it, I'm just pointing out the double standards which are symtomatical for the fanboys, if you catch my drift.  wink_o.gif

I never said I wanted that. But at least it wont be hijacking the thread. As it is, the current discussion doesn't have much to do with the topic. Isn't it obvious?

Ok I understand and I see your point, but what's there to discuss mate? Your intention with this thread was undoubtedly good, but ,,, I hope this thread can go back on the normal track.

Bye.

Ok so when the 1.08 patch comes out we can have the big war of all wars on the island with the "Fanboy" clan against the "Whiner" clan best out of 3. Could become a big tournament. LOL Ok going back to practice flying and commanding some troops. Sorry, I just had to mention it...but I did keep it on topic about 1.08.

Ok I understand and I see your point, but what's there to discuss mate? Your intention with this thread was undoubtedly good, but ,,, I hope this thread can go back on the normal track.

Bye.

Just because there's not much to discuss doesn't mean we should try to fill this thread with whatever we can think of tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ok so when the 1.08 patch comes out we can have the big war of all wars on the island with the "Fanboy" clan against the "Whiner" clan best out of 3. Could become a big tournament. LOL Ok going back to practice flying and commanding some troops. Sorry, I just had to mention it...but I did keep it on topic about 1.08.

Well, that is on topic smile_o.gif . Considering that the 'whiners' spend more time spamming the forum than playing the game, I'm sure they would lose tounge2.gif

Now about ArmA:

Since 1.08 now allows AI to use multiple airports, hopefully Sahrani will be updated to have all airports working.

One thing that's been bugging me in 1.07 is that the choppers seem weaker. A hit from a stinger seems to completely destroy the chopper with no hope of doing an autorotation landing. Just yesterday I easily pulled off an autorotation in 1.05 after my AH6 was hit by a strela (though I guess such a small chopper shouldn't survive a strela at all, but that's besides the point), but I can't even do it with an undamaged blackhawk in 1.07.

There's my attempt at something on topic.

Hmmmm, nice idea, but would be actually 2 "whiners" vs. 20 "fanboys" sad_o.gif

@ Maddmatt:

Quote[/b] ]@INNOCENT&CLUELESS: Wrong thread, if you want to complain them please go to the relevant thread. Stop spamming other threads.

There is information?

Let's see...

oh, yea, the fact that there will be a 1.08, here we have it.

Quote[/b] ]We also managed to get few nice new improvements to version 1.08:

* voice over net is improved significantly

* Increased contrast of light for all weather conditions

* Bullet impact is now drawn also on objects and vehicles

* 2D optics now support wide screen and triple monitor aspect ratio correctly

* New texture detail "Default" that auto-detects the amount of VRAM (Recommended Texture Detail setting for users of cards with more than 512 VRAM)

* Reworked logic of teamswitch to make it more suitable for detailed manual squad command control

* Full support for multiple airports by AI pilots

* A bit faster and more fluent radio protocol

In total, since version 1.05 we made around 500 different bugfixes, improvements and tweaks made in the game.

"Full support for multiple airports by AI pilots"

That is the one that really makes me happy since it gives me the hope that both sides can now utilize 2 different airports for AI.

I hope I did not got this wrong. It was an issue since OFP.

"New texture detail "Default" that auto-detects the amount of VRAM (Recommended Texture Detail setting for users of cards with more than 512 VRAM)"

Did not understand this, means this ArmA detects during installation or at game start the amount of available VRAM and is doing some video settings accordingly?

And since I am accused to fuck up this thread: I mentioned several times the need to fix 2166 which hinders the release of so many MP missions.

And since I am accused to fuck up this thread: I mentioned several times the need to fix 2166 which hinders the release of so many MP missions.

Repeating the same complaints on almost every page of the thread isn't really necessary. I'm sure BIS can see that we want that bug fixed, it has loads of votes on the BTS so I doubt BIS could have missed it.

I hope the patch comes out this week, hopefully tomorrow smile_o.gif . Though I expect it to be Friday.

Ok

INNOCENT&CLUELESS I am getting really really bored with your whining, trolling and general discontent with even being here.

Seems the phrase fanboi is your new buzz word, should anyone disagree with you.

Your presence in near every thread results in "I hate ArmA" etc..

I think you need a break.

48hrs in fact, I also suggest before sending me or any of the moderator team a PM you do it politely.

Anyone know whether the Setpos bug has been fixed for 1.08 (To allow CTI buildings to be placed properly)?

I cant find detailed 1.08 info in the wiki and cant see the fix in 1.07.

Cheers smile_o.gif

#C

So far we'v heard nothing of it, speaking of setpos, could somebody please provide the init code to activate it? I tried it earlier on in the editor but the game decided to give me an error with it, using-...

Well nuts, I forgot to save it in my codes text file, I'm wanting to say it was default OFP's though..

As for Arma detecting settings by default, I'm wanting to say that by default it gives you everything as normal or low instead of detecting what your system is capable of.

The ability to interact with multiple Airports for AI does give some extra leeway for single and multiplayer games, glad we won't have to worry about using the same airport, having two sides battling for it, could open up some extra 'flight sim' type abilities, provided you don't think in the box.

@ Brainless arguing fanboys: I stated before several times: Taking money by suggesting you get something which in the end is not true is cheating. If I would do this to you in another area you would hang me at next tree. But for BI all this is ok.

Oh, my, [i don't do this very often anymore] fucking, God....

Do you get off on this or something?

Seriously, if its that bad for you, take the game back, get YOUR money back (thus denying BI of their share of your sale and "harming" them in the most effective way you can) and move on with life.

WE GET IT, you're "upset" with the way BI have chosen to do things. Big whoop. Life's a bitch, move on. This constant trolling is REALLY getting tedious, and it's constantly de-railing threads [i realise I'm not "helping" here, but still]

The reason its "ok" for BI to operate like this is that we KNOW from their history that they will continue to support the game with FREE patches. If they were charging for these patches, then that would be a heinous enough crime to warrant the level of trolling you have heaped upon us this last few months.

But suggesting that, being in trouble, justifies cheating thousands of customers is almost criminal, and froggy, scrub, Balschow and all the other fanboys sharing this somehow criminal mind set. Strong words, I know, but here is something going really wrong.

Ok, the whole "fanboys" bullshit is getting REALLY old. It seems that your only defence to any of the facts presented to you is to call "fanboys" and to continue with your selfish, single-minded agenda, rather than accepting the facts and moving on.

What was released last November may have been FAR from polished, but it was at the very least FUNCTIONAL. You could install it, you could play it. That appears to be EXACTLY what it was sold as. If you got sucked in by the marketing hype and truly believed ArmA to be THE ultimate combat sim, then you are just as gullible as you are foolish. Since it worked, and had everything that was advertised ON THE BOX, how is that possibly cheating anyone?

The fact that BI continue to support their product with numerous FREE patches is criminal? Releasing patches to help improve the software is somehow cheating?

Yes I AGREE with you that ArmA was released too early. But by releasing it too early were BI stealing from you? I dont think so. Your whole "BI is acting criminally by releasing the game too early yet still charging full price for it" crusade is based purely on the idea that what you buy is the final version you end up with. Which is utter bullshit. Everyone who bought arma and is dissapointed with the out of the box version has 2 options: patch, or take it back for a refund. Since EVERYONE is eventually able to patch TO THE SAME VERSION I cant see the problem here?

If we all operated along your "perfect" business model, no software would ever be released, because NO software is EVER complete OR bug free.

Sorry for the rant people, but I&C's shitty crusade is really starting to get on my nerves, his sole defence of "fanboys" is REALLY getting tiresome too. [As an aside, if I have to recieve my first WL in 5 years for this, then so be it]

I&C - get lost, you're REALLY boreing now.

Fin sad_o.gif

Well ofcourse I&C will come back after the PR and just derail this thread again and just claim that you are a fan boy. That's his best rebuttal.

Anyway, while I am excited about the patch, I'd also really like to hear something about the tools. Just some info.

*Riotous applause*

Well said Deadmeat

Hm DeadMeatXM2, I don't know if your 'currage' have been boosted with that I&C's 48hrs vacation, but if you have something to say to some man, you should wait until he's able to answer - defend himself.

And about that totally OT post of yours; the only sentence I do agree with in that post is:

Quote[/b] ]Yes I AGREE with you that ArmA was released too early.

Othervise and further what's regarding the game's related issues in your post I don't agree with a single word in it, not with one single word. If these words of yours are the logic of/behind the gamer's mayority, then it's not surprising what's happening in the gaming industry and why they treat us(custumers) like sheeps, not surprising at all, and then we can kiss goodbye any possibility that this market will ever saw a completely finished game in its first release again.

You can call me now however you want, you can now rant all day (just go ahaed, I'm sure you won't receive a WL), this my post is just an information for you that you won't think that everyone here agrees with you, and that everybody are clapping to that post of yours.

OMG ArmA just crashed my hole PC and now i have lost my massive post i was writing.. *%&$&$^&$  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

i cant be assed to wright it again.. hehe

so in short, will the communications channel work with VoIP so you can talk to players at close range.?

And karantan WTH you going on about, stop trying to defend that I&C looser. He should be banned perm imho, since he came he hasnt made one positive post. And your just as bad going way offtopic too.. look ffs read the f thread title what does it say, thats what you post about not some bs. OK!

And karantan WTH you going on about, stop trying to defend that I&C looser. He should be banned perm imho, since he came he hasnt made one positive post.

I don't defending anyone and I'm not anyone's lawyer, at least this should be obvious from my post. wink_o.gif

EDIT: is your bs somewhat better and on-t? Dont' think so.

TIMEOUT...

Everybody take a deep breath, count to a million, and then come back and post something on-topic.

(closed temporarily)

I'm really looking forward to hearing the new remixed radio. The original was a little weird to first hear it, but now I don't even notice anymore. I'm really looking forward to witnessing their solution.

Also:

I&C can pick up where he left off when he gets back. Deadmeat's post isn't going anywhere. This accusation of DM lacking courage for answering I&C while he's on a PR is confusing. I&C could read it as soon as it was written and he can start formulating a response. In fact, he has two days to perfect it. I think maybe that poster has the wrong idea about PRs or how forums work in general. It's not like we're here chatting or anything.

Hmm, does

Quote[/b] ]* A bit faster and more fluent radio protocol

Mean that the voices used in the radio chatter are improoved, or that the VOIP protocol is improoved? I hope for the former, but expect the latter. Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and re. the offtopic "issue" I didnt even notice he was PR'd until AFTER I posted. And thats the "Gods honest truth" smile_o.gif

Hmm, does
Quote[/b] ]* A bit faster and more fluent radio protocol

Mean that the voices used in the radio chatter are improoved, or that the VOIP protocol is improoved? I hope for the former, but expect the latter. Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and re. the offtopic "issue" I didnt even notice he was PR'd until AFTER I posted. And thats the "Gods honest truth" smile_o.gif

The words 'fast and fluent' lead me to believe it's the chatter.

I applaud all the hard work that BI has put into a truly awesome game engine. I admire what they've managed to pull off. I'm certainly enjoying messing about in SP.

However, I must say that I am disappointed that we still don't have even a prospective delivery date for a Linux server. Without that, I can't fire up my own box. I've got a Linux box sitting on the 'Net, all ready to go. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]thousands of customers is almost criminal, and froggy, scrub, Balschow and all the other fanboys sharing this somehow criminal mind set

This is the point where it crosses a limit for me.

Labelling me and others of sharing a criminal mindset is nothing but flaming and unfounded accusations from a person who actually seems to know little about what we have posted and are posting here at the forums.

I have always highlighted the bugs and issues with Arma since day 1, that was prior the german DVD release when playtesting at a german magazine, and allegating me and others with sharing a "criminal mindset" just goes over the top. It shows how uninformed I&C is, how narrow - minded he is, as I repeatedly reminded that I have always been a critic towards Arma and putting me and others on a level with people who have, or are sharing a criminal mindset is not just only unjustified and unfounded but also over the line of violating personal integrity.

I will send this post to mods aswell as I see no reason to keep a flamebaiting, unconstructive, lying and permantently flaming piece of crap here at the BIS forums which once have been a quite mature place for debates, critisism and interaction.

This simply goes to far. It is beyond flaming. It is an accusation of board members just to discredit them and furthermore to even put them into a drawer along with criminals.

This is something I will not accept.

I´m looking forward on meeting I&C.

Im starting to become a fanboy and Im proud of it!!

fluently working VOIP! I really hope it works just like all other sounds (so with muffing and doppler effects etc) Imagine someone screaming and aside you lol rofl.gif

Real visual bullet holes! Games have this for 5 years already but in a large scale game as ArmA it would add a lot of immersion. I cant wait to see bullets fly over my head and hit my hmmwv doors wink_o.gif I hope they dont vanish as in most other FPSes.

oh and I&C, you wasted 15 min of my life with spamming this thread... If you dont like that the game is released so early: Dont Buy It!! (or since you have it already: put it in a drawer and pull it out next year.)

Question for anybody: does anybody know if the model for the Javelin launcher is going to be fixed? I've mentioned before that the CLU should be hidden when it's on your back so it doesn't obscure your vision when prone.

i don't play at Arma currently, but i wait fot the new patch. because the BIS engine is really impressive, and i want to enjoy it.

@ Deadmeat, the publicity about Arma could be illegal, because the content is not equal at the words used (ultimate simulation .....) wink_o.gif . but personally i don't care.

yes currently i'm a little bit disappointed, but i keep the faith in BIS. i just prefer that they work on patches for the engine (if possible, sorry i'm not ingeneer) to improve the gameplay. The weapons etc are not essentials in my opinion.

just a little thing: that would be excellent to have the possibility of jumping over the sand bags. tounge2.gif