Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

Hey 4 IN 1, I know this is OT but where did the quote in your sig come from? I just want to see that conversation tounge2.gif

I wonder when we will get this patch. Maybe Friday?

Damn exams sad_o.gif

er.....game 2 general, I&C just posted another "topic" a few days ago there

@tpM_91

nooo~ dont rush BI, we rush their ArmA and see what happened

what about the magical aiming skills by the AI in the total darkness with no NV?

I hope the voice comunication will work now and the TeamSpeak will not have to be used - I still dont know how to use TS, probably firewall problems or some other BS.

I am glad you guys keep supporting the game!

inlove.gif BIS inlove.gif

tounge2.gif Awesome list there, can't wait thumbs-up.gif

notworthy.gif

Knew you would not stop.. well done! yay.gifinlove.gif

Great news !! Impressive changelog !! I'm waiting my new 2900XT for tomorrow and I really want to see how Arma run with it compared to my 1900XT 256mo and if 1.08 is coming too, that's really great !!

But just a little question to Suma: Before release, weeks ?, days ?, months ?

Thanks !

You guy's better should wait till you have tested the 1.08 patch by yourself bevore going crazy. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]You guy's better should wait till you have tested the 1.08 patch by yourself bevore going crazy. whistle.gif

Yes sensible advice me thinks, still no AI (any inteligence) improvements but hey it's only an predominately MP patch so waiting for further patchs. Good luck BIS

Quote[/b] ]You guy's better should wait till you have tested the 1.08 patch by yourself bevore going crazy. whistle.gif

Yes sensible advice me thinks, still no AI (any inteligence) improvements but hey it's only an predominately MP patch so waiting for further patchs. Good luck BIS

Not all changes seem to end up in the changelog whistle.gif

1.7beta had the AI acting differently and 1.05 introduced shadows from the moon at night. Neither were mentioned in the changelog as far as I remember.

There are some AI improvements mentioned by the way, such as not using RPGs to look at unknown targets. The bugtracker also mentioned that they will no longer engage infantry with AT weapons. There will probably be other tweaks not mentioned in the changelog. I wont expect anything major though.

Quote[/b] ]- New: Mission editor - year control in intel dialog

YES!!!

Not that big of a thing but I've always wanted it since OFP.

Big fan of multiple airstrips though as well as being able to survive crash landings better.

Quote[/b] ]There are some AI improvements mentioned by the way, such as not using RPGs to look at unknown targets. The bugtracker also mentioned that they will no longer engage infantry with AT weapons. There will probably be other tweaks not mentioned in the changelog. I wont expect anything major though.

No i know there are not all mentioned and have fingers crossed, just need the basics really like non RPG soldiers not running towards tanks, or having any idea of their surroundings, but yes i know the difficulties involved, the AI needs a complete overhaul which isn't going to be done in patches, maybe scripting from the community, OFP had a few i think, anyway at least MP is on the way now smile_o.gif

They said they'd made 500 bug fixes etc so ofc they're not all listed in the changelog, but i wish they were sad_o.gif

Looks good tho

Thanks BIS, very impressive list of fixes/changes and additions again.

I am looking forward to its release notworthy.gif

Jack its because say said 500 fixes between 1.05 and 1.08, the list doesnt include the 1.06fixes or 1.07 beta's.

They said they'd made 500 bug fixes etc so ofc they're not all listed in the changelog, but i wish they were sad_o.gif

Looks good tho

That's since 1.05. The ones listed there are the fixes that came after 1.07beta. So look at the 1.07 and 1.06 changelog to see the rest smile_o.gif

Maybe that still doesn't add up to 500, but I'm sure it does. I'm not going to count them to find out tounge2.gif

Edit: Beaten to it by Average Joe.

Quote[/b] ]Animals.pbo

fixed shadow problems with small insects

Thank god, i was getting worried they would never get around to fixing this.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Now if you devs would just fix those f***ing formation problems i'd be a happy man....

Quote[/b] ]Animals.pbo

Thank god, i was getting worried they would never get around to fixing this.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Now if you devs would just fix those f***ing formation problems i'd be a happy man....

Translation is fuzzy, either it's "I'm never satisfied by effort that differs from what I think is important" or " Thanks BIS for all the effort you placed into even the smallest of details" Not sure which.. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Animals.pbo

Translation is fuzzy, either it's "I'm never satisfied by effort that differs from what I think is important" or " Thanks BIS for all the effort you placed into even the smallest of details" Not sure which.. whistle.gif

+1

Translation is fuzzy, either it's "I'm never satisfied by effort that differs from what I think is important" or " Thanks BIS for all the effort you placed into even the smallest of details"  Not sure which..  whistle.gif

I suppose it was a bit harsh, but how can you justify fixing something 99% of us arn't even going to notice, when something as blatantly obvious like staggered column formation doesn't work in safe mode (it worked fine in Flashpoint)  confused_o.gif. Ask yourself which is the more important... banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]how can you justify fixing something 99% of us arn't even going to notice, when something as blatantly obvious like staggered column formation doesn't work in safe mode (it worked fine in Flashpoint)

Anyone who has worked with software can answer that question. Some bugs are trivial or get fixed as the result of investigating other issues. When working through a list of bugs, developers tend to sweep up a mixture of trivial low-effort stuff as well has some harder high-effort problems.

Mr. Reality:  If Sbsmacs' points weren't valid, I'd agree with you totally, without hesitation.  I'm also one of those 1%.  I was a hiding in a tense situation (more than once, I might add), after a firefight went horribly wrong, waiting for the enemy to come into my killzone and kill me.  About lost it when a shadow came streaking across my view (it was a very high flying bird). It could have turned the tide of this battle by making me give away my position.  To me, the little things in ArmA sum up to more than just the parts added together, if you get my drift.  smile_o.gif

Mr. Reality:  If Sbsmacs' points weren't valid, I'd agree with you totally, without hesitation.  I'm also one of those 1%.  I was a hiding in a tense situation (more than once, I might add), after a firefight went horribly wrong, waiting for the enemy to come into my killzone and kill me.  About lost it when a shadow came streaking across my view (it was a very high flying bird). It could have turned the tide of this battle by making me give away my position.  To me, the little things in ArmA sum up to more than just the parts added together, if you get my drift.  smile_o.gif

Bird are not bugs my friend.

Bugs are those annoying little things that buzz in your ear.

Birds are those little flying things with wngs that often crap on your car.

It's wildlife, annoyances, distractions, immersive features - basically anything that can add to the situation for good or bad, are we really going to be splitting hairs between bugs and birds?

The bugs / changes i'd like that reduce the 100% potential this game has are (in order):-

1) ParaBug - 25% of my drops result in broken legs/death when the chute colapses at random heights during the drop.

2) Chopper Bug - appears as a wreck at times (a shot in the body fixes this)

3) Add-ons - Would be great if missions loading for the first time gave you the option to download a required addon/mod

4) AI - As stacks of posts say, the AI hits you with remarkable accuracy under certain circumstances, and other times acts completely dumb (skill set to max both times)

5) More realistic flight models - apart from the "adverse yaw" not being replicated in game, everything else makes the choppers and planes much harder to fly that in real life

6) Files locked - Would be nice to be able to remove ID# from banlist and remove missions while server was up.

7) Scrolling scores - Being able to scroll down the list of scores instead of the top 10 / your position. This is sometimes essential to find out who set charges off in a friendly base deystroying assets if they didn't TK

8) the artificial horizon works until a 90' bank, but fly further (ie upside down), and it points as if you are flying normally (more important when dark/foggy etc)

9) AI wont drive across bridges well at all

10) Improved efficency on cpu load server time, and if BIS went to town, support Duo/Quad.

And a final dream wish!

Ability to link 2 servers for massive battle - eg C&H server1 vs Server2

---

Edit: I know some have been resolved

I suppose it was a bit harsh, but how can you justify fixing something 99% of us arn't even going to notice, when something as blatantly obvious like staggered column formation doesn't work in safe mode (it worked fine in Flashpoint) confused_o.gif. Ask yourself which is the more important... banghead.gif

The insect shadow bug was introduced in the 1.07beta and it was distracting. Now you are complaining that they fixed it? huh.gif

If you think the formation thing is a problem, then did you report it on the bugtracker? I haven't noticed it there.

Different people work on different areas of the game, that's been explained before. Besides, I haven't noticed the formation bug before tounge2.gif

The insect shadow bug was introduced in the 1.07beta and it was distracting. Now you are complaining that they fixed it? huh.gif

If you think the formation thing is a problem, then did you report it on the bugtracker? I haven't noticed it there.

I was unaware that this bug was introduced in 1.07beta as i never noticed it.

To answer your second question, i have reported the formation bug. The only problem is that i got this reply.

Quote[/b] ]

I haven't noticed very much difference from OFP in the formation behavour of AI in safe mode. As far as I remember formations aren't even used for AI infantry in safe mode, ever since OFP. Then again I've never really payed much attention to it because it's not something I found very useful anyway. Anyway this is by no means a major bug, if you can even call it one. If you want perfect formations a little bit of scripting talent is all you need (and it should be 100 times easier in ArmA than it would have been in OFP), so it's not like the desired effect can't be achieved.  

So basically i've been told to either accept it or script it myself,  mad_o.gif