Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

No honest i realise what your saying and if the games you have had experience with are like that then i'm sorry, but saying 99% of games don't get fixed within patches etc etc is just rubbish and it's kind of elevating BIS to a standard of super developer which they are not, they are good yes and this project to raise money for  Game 2 is one that was probably neccesary for their survival as i said, but lets not go to over the top, i have great hopes and chances are they will come good (or go out of buisness, which hopefully none of us want).

as long as they support the game and release patches that fix things to it, its not as half market as those that never get fix

as a side notes: i think there are indeed someone out here wanted them to go out of business whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]as long as they support the game and release patches that fix things to it, its not as half market as those that never get fix

Don't get me wrong i understand your viewpoint, but however i haven't played any games that never got fixed (and i'm a 12 year pc gamer), maybe i have got great taste in games biggrin_o.gif , but i just play what looks like i'll enjoy and i am sometimes fussy over my developers wink_o.gif , you also have to weigh up what patch level the game would be up to with a few more months in development, but as we have already said thats water under the bridge.

Quote[/b] ]as a side notes: i think there are indeed someone out here wanted them to go out of business whistle.gif

Having scanned these forums i think that it's half frustration half idiocy, and people wanting to identify themselelves into one group or other (lovers and haters), so i'll try to keep myself looking forward and constructive biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]as long as they support the game and release patches that fix things to it, its not as half market as those that never get fix

Don't get me wrong i understand your viewpoint, but however i haven't played any games that never got fixed (and i'm a 12 year pc gamer), maybe i have got great taste in games biggrin_o.gif , but i just play what looks like i'll enjoy and i am sometimes fussy over my developers wink_o.gif , you also have to weigh up what patch level the game would be up to with a few more months in development, but as we have already said thats water under the bridge.

Quote[/b] ]as a side notes: i think there are indeed someone out here wanted them to go out of business whistle.gif

Having scanned these forums i think that it's half frustration half idiocy, and people wanting to identify themselelves into one group or other (lovers and haters), so i'll try to keep myself looking forward and constructive  biggrin_o.gif

better idea is to stay out of these froums, only ppl who have so much time would stay here and shiting around the place

me? i just have to find something to do while loading things and start working when its done loading

I, for one, am looking forward to the patch and I am glad to see that although there are things I dislike, the game itself is certainly playable and worth the money I spent. I have played cheaper games that lasted more than 12 years (and going) and I have played more expensive games that I played for one week and promptly threw away. Each wonderful patch like this is just an extension of its lifetime for me.

I realize that is not true for everyone, in which case, your "buyer's remorse" is certainly heard... we just don't need to hear it every 5 seconds.

500 fixes, patches and improvements and still too few to get this game rocking.

And it is just an obligation once this game has been released not ready.

And I couldn't see anywhere written about AIs behavior or hillclimb issue.

I'm still waiting for the "final" patch, and sure this will not be the final.

About those games that never receives patches, maybe them don't need.

In the past when internet was not what it is today, software houses took care to release polished games, so you rarely need to download any patch.

Today the developers became hurried, cause they know the internet will be there to distribute their late work.

Marek and his team deserve our respect first as humans, second for being the developers of the game that we love (OFP) and third cause them are obviously working hard. So I respect them, but I'm still waiting to see this game ready...

Quote[/b] ]as a side notes: i think there are indeed someone out here wanted them to go out of business

Yes, it is called the US Military Industrial Congressional Complex. They do not like COTS products from foreign countries having such a great success and application as Arma = VBS engine.

The utterly corrupt US Congress resently approved the 120-billion Emergency Defense Spending in which by other means protects US defense corporations from foreign companies like BIS & BIA. For some people this is not just a game but a threat to their useless and expensive products.

Quip the good work BIS & BIA

Marek and his team deserve our respect first as humans, second for being the developers of the game that we love (OFP) and third cause them are obviously working hard.

nice done Bis,

P.s:Silvio Camolesi nice say

Quote[/b] ]better idea is to stay out of these froums, only ppl who have so much time would stay here and shiting around the place

me? i just have to find something to do while loading things and start working when its done loading

While i'm new to the forums i hardly think this will help, i don't want to argue with you as thats not my way (especially on the internet whats the point) but have you not just put yourself into the shitting around catagory, as you seem to have a lot of posts and time and have been present in the main topics i have looked at and mainly argueing, i apologise if i have this wrong and do not wish to get us into a contest of who can out do the other etc etc as its an exercise in futility, everyone posts should be respected if they are REALLY that persons opinion as we are all but a nick name and an avatar to everyone else. Unconstuctive posts are annoying but i think we can learn to ignore what we don't like and discuss what we do smile_o.gif

BTW you don't mean me stay out of the forums do you? i was having trouble interpreting your post (again apologies)

Quote[/b] ]I, for one, am looking forward to the patch and I am glad to see that although there are things I dislike, the game itself is certainly playable and worth the money I spent. I have played cheaper games that lasted more than 12 years (and going) and I have played more expensive games that I played for one week and promptly threw away. Each wonderful patch like this is just an extension of its lifetime for me.

Day of Defeat is my example still play it still love it biggrin_o.gif (although i think my computer is a bit snobby and wishes i'd stick to modern games biggrin_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]The utterly corrupt US Congress

What country are you from?, while not being an American i can bet you that with very little searching i could find something about your country that is very corrupt and would be just as bad. wink_o.gif Don't think this is the place for sweeping statements like that. confused_o.gif

Marek and his team deserve our respect first as humans, second for being the developers of the game that we love (OFP) and third cause them are obviously working hard. So I respect them, but I'm still waiting to see this game ready...

I like arma much better.

@Zarkan, next time, consider editting one post to be your appology rather than posting 3 times in a row.

I hope that they fix the crash bug...

This bug is not listed in correction, and this is the most annoying bug of ARMA

Quote[/b] ]What country are you from?, while not being an American i can bet you that with very little searching i could find something about your country that is very corrupt and would be just as bad.

I am an American LOL... and I know how the system works by experience not by second hands accounts.  whistle.gif

In other words I am been objective.

Got it...

BTW you don't mean me stay out of the forums do you? i was having trouble interpreting your post (again apologies)
Quote[/b] ]The utterly corrupt US Congress

What country are you from?, while not being an American i can bet you that with very little searching i could find something about your country that is very corrupt and would be just as bad. wink_o.gif  Don't think this is the place for sweeping statements like that. confused_o.gif

hum? no, its fine if you stay at the natural side

(tried to, and never temp to start a flame war, but just cant stand ppl whining this this this and that that that, based things happened on both internet and RL, you have no idea how bitchy the ppl i meet are everyday)

oh and the US Congress joke are a bit over i think

Quote[/b] ]I am an American LOL... and I know how the system works by experience not by second hands accounts. whistle.gif

In other words I am been objective.

Got it...

In that case my apologies, self critism is a strength that every person and country should have and funnily enough after i wrote the post i thought damn i hope he ain't a yank i will look silly rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]hum? no, its fine if you stay at the natural side

(tried to, and never temp to start a flame war, but just cant stand ppl whining this this this and that that that, based things happened on both internet and RL, you have no idea how bitchy the ppl i meet are everyday)

Fair enough i will wait and see the moods and posts on the forum and make my mind up then, i'm hoping its not as bad as that but we'll see. smile_o.gif

Good work. If BIS now fixes the server reporting bug, I'll praise them on my knees. Sort of.

Quote[/b] ]In that case my apologies

Apologies accepted man.

@Zarkan, next time, consider editting one post to be your appology rather than posting 3 times in a row.

hehe yea my mistake.. tounge2.gif

Man what a great week. First we get Drago OFP island, then FDF Soundpack 1.1 and now patch 1.08 info from Marek himself yay.gif

I hope that they fix the crash bug...

This bug is not listed in correction, and this is the most annoying bug of ARMA

Hey Gazmen, three people that had crash issues (admittedly along with the 8800's) had an older version of DX9.. The version distributed with the DVD ( on my version, anyway) is older.. Vilas is the latest that did this and solved the CTD issues. Good luck

Good job BIS.

I don't think we'll ever get an MP version of setpos because of JIP I think. Men and vehicle positions are constantly updated and synchronized. With the addition of greater number of units in ArmA and the with the complexities involved with JIP, I don't think the engine could additionally handle synchronizing every object on the map; which it would have to do to allow a re-positioning of it. Network traffic would increase exponentially. I don't think they've given us a definite "will never be in the game" because they don't know that. It may happen but it's not on their current "todo" list.

--Ben

Over 500 fixes since 1.05 Very good job! biggrin_o.gif

Thank you BIS!

Vilas is the latest that did this and solved the CTD issues.

I don't understand what you means...

About directX i'm using the SP2 version...

In fact I just checked & my DirectX was an ancient version (XP SP2, i reinstalle windows some week ago), and i'm installing the version 9.18.944...

I hope it change something ! I had several problem with Hitman 4, because i had used on ancient directx version...

We all knew you could do it BIS - making an already awesome game better and better! Really looking forward to this

Cheers BIS notworthy.gif