Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

Question for anybody:  does anybody know if the model for the Javelin launcher is going to be fixed?  I've mentioned before that the CLU should be hidden when it's on your back so it doesn't obscure your vision when prone.

the sights could be hide in the model when on back i guess, but the rest is a different story

if you want it to look good and realistic, you will need to creat a new class of lunchers and creat a new set of anime for it so it will be realistic to use and to look, well it can be done without a new class but b4 any TOOLS crazy_o.gif get release there is no way we could try it and see if it get fix, and it will not look too good when you are switching between guns and lunchers

you may tweak that model however, but i guess its no where near as realistic or good looking if you do it through the anime way

(well the R&S usmc mod one is quite good modeled acturally, but i dont think that anyone would think that realistic, oh and whiners wont let it go too) wink_o.gif

can some1 kindly explain this to me:

Quote[/b] ]* Bullet impact is now drawn also on objects and vehicles

it means there will be paint balls splashed over the vehicles and objects.

thats what i think.

Personally I think the impact you see when shooting the ground is now also visible on vehicles. Not the same effect of course, but such impact.

If those are already drawn then my memory is bad and then I have no other idea biggrin_o.gif

Personally I think the impact you see when shooting the ground is now also visible on vehicles. Not the same effect of course, but such impact.

If those are already drawn then my memory is bad and then I have no other idea biggrin_o.gif

Basic impact effects are already drawn in vehicles, such as (very small) sparks when you shoot at a car or tank, so I'm assuming it really does mean drawing decals on vehicles.

I'm hoping and praying to the mighty gods we know as BIS ( notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif ), that this change will also do the following:

- Remove the horrible rust effect when vehicles are damaged (car tyres anyone?)

- Makes glass actually brake where it was hit and not across all windows of the car.

I know it's a long shot, but you never know.

- Remove the horrible rust effect when vehicles are damaged (car tyres anyone?)

- Makes glass actually brake where it was hit and not across all windows of the car.

I know it's a long shot, but you never know.

Hehe, yeah, I think that such changes, if ever coming, will come when some other messes are cleaned up. What you name is quite a change in the damage model I think, might be too large for now, though I haven't really looked into how the damage model exactly is working in ArmA smile_o.gif

I think the whole rusty car thing should be their top 10 things to fix... I mean thats just sooo bad to see that in a realism game and i think it's been here since day 1 i think >_<

I think the whole rusty car thing should be their top 10 things to fix... I mean thats just sooo bad to see that in a realism game and i think it's been here since day 1 i think >_<

I disagree. The game is still playable with the cranky rust effects, though possibly less appealing.

The crashing, performance, net functionality and broken or partially working functions should have a higher prio imho.

Since those things seem to be getting sorted with 1.08, who knows the time has come for tweaking/fixing the "less appealing" parts wink_o.gif

maybe we really need to think ourself why you take the red pill confused_o.gif

i dunno, but atless BI still creating red pill instead of blue one for me

But the point does remain the same: the rust effect is placeholder quality, and now the ability to improve the effect is coming. I can't wait to see the mark of the 120mm main gun, or the corner of a building where I'm suppressing someone ingame with an m249. Heh. tounge2.gif

maybe we really need to think ourself why you take the red pill confused_o.gif

i dunno, but atless BI still creating red pill instead of blue one for me

Matrix, like 6 years ago... barely remember a thing, which pill did what?

Nice info. thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

500 Bugfixes since the 1.05 Patch is a lot though. crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Nice info indeed, but I hope they will fix some collision bugs aswell.

AI-units can still walk through eachother, vehicles and buildings and it really can ruin a perfect mission.

Nice info indeed, but I hope they will fix some collision bugs aswell.

AI-units can still walk through eachother, vehicles and buildings and it really can ruin a perfect mission.

I think that's to make up for the poor pathfinding. confused_o.gif I'd rather have the AI go through stuff than get stuck forever.

I just hope it comes out soon so I wont get these damn CTDs that say "memory cannot be read 2048x2048 80000e8000" every 2 hours.

I would be doing a mission and BOOM crash. I would be flying a cobra and BOOM crash. I get out of a vehicle and BOOM crash.

sad_o.gif

I just hope it comes out soon so I wont get these damn CTDs that say "memory cannot be read 2048x2048 80000e8000" every 2 hours.

I would be doing a mission and BOOM crash. I would be flying a cobra and BOOM crash. I get out of a vehicle and BOOM crash.

sad_o.gif

Try adding -maxmem=512 to your arma shortcut, is a workaround for me. even 768 works for me. Otherwise turn down texture detail, possibly AA.

@ Deadmeat, the publicity about Arma could be illegal, because the content is not equal at the words used (ultimate simulation .....) wink_o.gif

Since this was addressed at me, I'll bite wink_o.gif

Well, advertising and PR is very VERY subjective. To the "average joe" who hasn't been spoilt by the last 6 years of OFP, ArmA is indeed the "ultimate combat sim". NOT because of the content, but because of what you can do WITH the content. (Massive maps - matched only by flightsims and similar, ability to use anything ingame etc etc)

Its the same way gillette mach 3 razors are called "the ultimate shave" or any product is called "the ultimate [whatever]" Its subjective, and its advertising hype. To get sucked in by it, and to build your expectations to an unreasonable level is simply naive. Plus, it would never stand up in court wink_o.gif

@ Deadmeat, the publicity about Arma could be illegal, because the content is not equal at the words used (ultimate simulation .....) wink_o.gif

Since this was addressed at me, I'll bite wink_o.gif

Well, advertising and PR is very VERY subjective. To the "average joe" who hasn't been spoilt by the last 6 years of OFP, ArmA is indeed the "ultimate combat sim". NOT because of the content, but because of what you can do WITH the content. (Massive maps - matched only by flightsims and similar, ability to use anything ingame etc etc)

Its the same way gillette mach 3 razors are called "the ultimate shave" or any product is called "the ultimate [whatever]" Its subjective, and its advertising hype. To get sucked in by it, and to build your expectations to an unreasonable level is simply naive. Plus, it would never stand up in court wink_o.gif

Might stand trial in the US tounge2.gif

You may be interested in the:

Non Blinding sun/ Damage textures upgrade

To cure you of the "rusted HMMWV" blues.

Bear it in mind that "Ultimate" can also mean "Final" as well as "Greatest".

Looks pretty ambiguous so it's perfect for PR/advertising speak. wink_o.gif

EDIT - Oh.. Any chance of an updated changelog for 1.08 (seeing as its in testing phase) thanks!

The ultimate #C

To all people from BIS:

Please hire this guy who made this:

This is what we need in ArmA 1.09 smile_o.gif

It's magnificent job! The best sounds I ever heard. yay.gif

Hopefully BIS is making a proper and "well done" International Patch and release this asap & as good as possible thumbs-up.gif

Working/testing on it a few days more would be better than 2-3 Patchfixes.

Decals sound good to me biggrin_o.gif Looking forward to this one!