adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

OTs-14-4A Groza

g1sv2.th.jpg

still very WIP

cheers!

OTs-14-4A Groza....You just got a fan!

Awesome work!

yeah, really nice weapons. but in my opinion (this is just my opinion), the wood is too shiny on the groza smile_o.gif

yeah, really nice weapons. but in my opinion (this is just my opinion), the wood is too shiny on the groza smile_o.gif

WIP man, WIIIIIIP... (Work in progress)

@sashman...

its also nice for games.. and works fluent thx..

just had a run of it in arma...

about the shine.. its WIP.

but just note that actually this piece has alot of specularity cause it is coated with varnish and isnt raw wood..

Hi, WIP = Work In Progress. But... my tag... is: wip . That lasts for:

Charles Wipman = Me (yar favourite rebel) so beware with how you

use the abreviation of Work In Progress, because sometimes depending

on the phrase where it's used... can resoult in a painfull mistake.

Let's C ya

P.S: Is very sad to see how the world (over all the yankees) use

really too much contractions; for everything.

Kick ass screens - keep it up!

At least we germans appreciate the detail on your work smile_o.gif

Let's C ya

Man ...... and i thought i was drunk tounge2.gif

as i said: this is just my opinion, not a complain smile_o.gif even a WIP can be commented wink_o.gif (well i suppose huh.gif )

Yeah, that's why people post here. Sometimes I agree with the comments, sometimes I don't.

Let's C ya

Man ...... and i thought i was drunk tounge2.gif

I've had 4 beers and i have no clue what he just said. biggrin_o.gif

nephilim

Nice OC-14, will you also make different versions of it? With scope, suppressor etc.

very beatiful weapons Nephilim! I remember the mercs you made way back for ofp res smile_o.gif Anyways these weapons will look very cool in any troops hands biggrin_o.gif

as i said: this is just my opinion, not a complain smile_o.gif even a WIP can be commented wink_o.gif (well i suppose huh.gif )

You are absolutely right, sorry if my message did not come across as a mild defense for the shiny wood.

Neph makes me cry and feel terribly inadequate.

I'm glad I'm not alone feeling like this.

Awesome work Neph! notworthy.gif

Nice shelter!

Hmm, realised it only now, but now that the A10 has been released I could make something I horribly want: Mk82s.

Played with the wood real quick:

thompson10ei7.jpg

Those are not shit stains on the front grip, but "wear and tear". the "" signals that I'll remake that because it looks like somebody smeared shit on it. And before you scream: DESATURATE!, I'm on it.

the thompson is looking better and better for every new screen you post of it MehMan! thumbs-up.gif Keep it up!

specular map is just a general term..

but there are 2 types of such specular maps.

specular power handles the amount of specularity and its basically a greyscale image

the specular color handles the color of the specularity.

specular color is dependant on specular power

hey i was wondering if you'd know if i could reduce the specular power on the BI AK74, one thing that irritated my is that i put a lot of effort in the detail of parts of my retexture but its kind of frustrating to see it glossed over with some one-size fits all specular.

Wow, those textures look very amazing Nephilim and Mehman.

While i'm at it, do you or anyone happen to have any suggestions on my first attempt at texturing/normal mapping, as I just guessed how to go about quite afew things, and as a result it looks abit strange in places.

Have not started texturing any of the normal mapped details yet because I can't get them looking right.  Most of the detail does not show through (mainly the flatter things) and the hole parts don't seem to be working out quite right.  I am using the XYZ, RGB ortho way from within blender to generate them (onto flat plane).  As I understand it, this is object space normal maps.  Maybe a silly question but, I read that one should probably use tangent space for moving objects, is this the same for arma or is object space ok for a tank?  

Any suggestions and tips are very welcome, as the problems seem to be stacking up at the moment smile_o.gif

tigeriyl4.th.jpg

tiger0.th.jpg

... feeling depressed and unneeded when watching this thread i decided (for the bazillionst tinme) to restart my uh-1y venom project .

i have to say that i have no clue on how to make a proper next-gen game model since i've only been making high poly stuff

but high poly seems so ... really unneeded ... so i got a bad conscience when wasting my time with it ... tho it has some really nice results ...

however :

this is what i got after ~2 hours of modelling and getting back into the flow ... it's not tweaked yet , still has some triangles and stuff .... tho i don't understand why some gamemodels have n-gons ...

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipjpegey6.jpg

i really would appreciate some tips on game modelling , something like a 15-point list that tells the do and don't's of game modelling ...

i know that there should be tuts on the net but i've only found character modelling workshops ... and that would be the next stage ...

thx , max

ps : im using 3ddsmax 9 32buit student version , polycount can be seen on the pic)

... feeling depressed and unneeded when watching this thread i decided (for the bazillionst tinme) to restart my uh-1y venom project .

i have to say that i have no clue on how to make a proper next-gen game model since i've only been making high poly stuff

[...]

i really would appreciate some tips on game modelling , something like a 15-point list that tells the do and don't's of game modelling ...

i know that there should be tuts on the net but i've only found character modelling workshops ... and that would be the next stage ...

Hi zee,

From your post, it seems like you're familiar with modelling techniques already, and just need some direction when it comes to games modelling specifically - so I was trying to find some guides or tutorials for you that approach the topic from the angle of someone who already knows about modelling, but I'm afraid I didn't have any more luck than you did!

The best I could find were a couple of normal mapping tutorials. Is that something that you're familiar with?

PS: Awesome looking model for the UH-1, that's something we definitely need in ArmA, a good Huey! =D