Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Hey, that's a nice one you have there Messiah. Only thing that could imho use some more bits are the wheels. Anyway, it's looking nice, any chance you'll make a pulse?

Yes, of course (although I must admit, the czech land rover ambulance is a nicer bit of kit)

Plans are:

110 (as seen)

110 Hard Top

WMIKs (lots and lots of wmiks)

FFR (Fitted for radio)

Snatches

Pulse

and yep - wheels will receive more attention. I was initially worried about poly counts, because the 110 currently sits at 5500, and the WMIK, being rather heavy on the polys with all those cage tubes, is about 8500

but now we have the example models, I can see that the BIS hummer is in that bracket, so I don't have to worry quite as much about how detailed I go.

This one is actually around 4700, might get at 5k when done (missing radio).

110gl0.jpg

I guess that 8500 for WMIK is ok, since I'm around 7k with some missing parts. I now have to decide if i'll leave it like it is or if i'll have to rework some parts to achieve lower total polycount.

for anyone still interested, my AK74 Reskin is coming along fairly nice. Right now im doing some final touches on the flip up ironsight area, and started on the GP-25, i decided to abandon the synthetic idea and just did some edits to the BIS wood. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums....137.jpg

i also did some texture edits to the M16 to make them all black, they look quite good with Johnnys MARPAT http://i2.photobucket.com/albums....4-1.jpg

something I've been mucking around with for a couple of days... or so  tounge2.gif

http://www.pukf.net/Messiah/armalannie.jpg

now for a WMIK  inlove.gif

DEFENDER! *Exited*

Seriously Messiah, that is a beaut' and I hope we get to see more of your teams stuff now that the tools have been released.

How detailed do you plan to go, like so much that you add the Bowman stickers that tell you that you will die if you stand near the antena or are you going to keep things simple so that it can be used in various settings?

cool! I am waiting for Iraq/iran warfare mods to arma, with US soldiers in totally new equipment, not just rerexture from original units, desert vechiles, muslims etc

Guest Ti0n3r

Nice Rebl Man! smile_o.gif

I got just a vision to future!  wow_o.gif

FDF mod 1.0 beta gets release and it has 1000000 different units and 3 islands and über nice textures and models and it will be the best modever!!  icon_rolleyes.gif

looking good!

One thing to keep in mind... that it doesnt exceed 64m...or else the lods stop working... And also 128 component limit.. When you build all the archways they will eat up that number really fast. We are looking for a workaround to this using a special type of proxy..but are not there yet.... Proxies do not carry Roadway or geo lods... sad_o.gif

another pic from camp golf aka blackwaters defend of cpa compound in najaf

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums....ent.jpg

here is screenshot of a new editor object i made for building instant afghan villages or iraqi lowerclass slums

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/wipurban.jpg

and refrence for new enterable mosque

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/inside.jpg

something I've been mucking around with for a couple of days... or so tounge2.gif

http://www.pukf.net/Messiah/armalannie.jpg

now for a WMIK inlove.gif

love it! now u just have to make a RAF chinook with working cargo script biggrin_o.gif

Afaik-the P-UKF boys and RKSL are working together!

RKSL -Aircraft!

PUKF - Troops!

Perfect combination! xmas_o.gif

Can't Wait! notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]

looking good!

One thing to keep in mind... that it doesnt exceed 64m...or else the lods stop working... And also 128 component limit.. When you build all the archways they will eat up that number really fast. We are looking for a workaround to this using a special type of proxy..but are not there yet.... Proxies do not carry Roadway or geo lods...  sad_o.gif

another pic from camp golf aka blackwaters defend of cpa compound in najaf

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums....ent.jpg

here is screenshot of a new editor object i made for building instant afghan villages or iraqi lowerclass slums

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/wipurban.jpg

and refrence for new enterable mosque

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/inside.jpg

Looking good froggy, can you post more pics please?.

Thanks for this advice, don't know if Fallujah mosque good and work good in ArmA sad_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]How detailed do you plan to go, like so much that you add the Bowman stickers that tell you that you will die if you stand near the antena or are you going to keep things simple so that it can be used in various settings?

all the usual stickers will be in place - got a nice pic of the bowman death rays/microwave meals sticker, so that'll be added to the bowman versions.

Quote[/b] ]Afaik-the P-UKF boys and RKSL are working together!

RKSL -Aircraft!

PUKF - Troops!

not working together as such - we're both individual teams as always, but we'll continue to make stuff that compliments each others work, and not duplicate anything. Pretty much continuing our long standing agreement. Also stuff like making pilots for rock's aircraft etc - help each other out where we can. At any rate, we're not anywhere near rksl's level when it comes to stuff that flys, rather leave it to the experts.

@The Sun - the wear and tear on that looks ace, and the wheels too - deffinately going to add a few more lumps and bumps on mine after seeing that.

I think 8500 will be ok - its got a decent set of lods, so should be efficient once at distance. A bit of testing should solve any issues that crop up if not.

Do you have any hints or tips with regards to the dust and wear and tear? I find sand and dust a headache to replicate. An example psd would be even better biggrin_o.gif , although I'm probably being a little cheeky now

Quote[/b] ]How detailed do you plan to go, like so much that you add the Bowman stickers that tell you that you will die if you stand near the antena or are you going to keep things simple so that it can be used in various settings?

all the usual stickers will be in place - got a nice pic of the bowman death rays/microwave meals sticker, so that'll be added to the bowman versions.

Quote[/b] ]Afaik-the P-UKF boys and RKSL are working together!

RKSL -Aircraft!

PUKF - Troops!

not working together as such - we're both individual teams as always, but we'll continue to make stuff that compliments each others work, and not duplicate anything. Pretty much continuing our long standing agreement. Also stuff like making pilots for rock's aircraft etc - help each other out where we can. At any rate, we're not anywhere near rksl's level when it comes to stuff that flys, rather leave it to the experts.

@The Sun - the wear and tear on that looks ace, and the wheels too - deffinately going to add a few more lumps and bumps on mine after seeing that.

I think 8500 will be ok - its got a decent set of lods, so should be efficient once at distance. A bit of testing should solve any issues that crop up if not.

Do you have any hints or tips with regards to the dust and wear and tear? I find sand and dust a headache to replicate. An example psd would be even better biggrin_o.gif , although I'm probably being a little cheeky now

I have an early one I can email to you when i made the rhino... its still wip but you can see the grey for the alpha and how far you need to go....

screens06.jpg

djfrogstar - thanks, that would be ace, thank you - tried just about every mud, muck and sand tutorial out there with no luck - guess some of us just can't do it tounge2.gif

djfrogstar - thanks, that would be ace, thank you - tried just about every mud, muck and sand tutorial out there with no luck - guess some of us just can't do it tounge2.gif

pm me an email where i can send it...

one tip for doing mud is obviosly using layers.... but when you are completely finished, make a new layer over all the mud and use the clone to grab from all the other layers... before painting in the empty layer.... turn on layer properties and give it a drop shadow... adjust it until it is really hardly noticable.... then repaint over areas of the mud again.... it will give it a quick build up effect... plus if you desaturate your whole texture when your finished you can fake the normal map by by dodge/burning the areas with the mud... oviously you know this, but my point was specifically the drop shadow is subtracting the depth...so you would have to lighten up the actual bump map again...

Im building this mosque atm and see how i could make a tutorial out of it... It will completly rely on normal maps to fake tons of geometry which isnt needed for arma....

I don't have any special hints for that dust since it was a headache for me too. I started from a dried mud layer and then played a lot with it's opacity, did some erasing here and there as well as a lot of smudging and added some graininess. My proved procedure is to try try and....try.

smile_o.gif

Well, until I get damage textures working ..... its about the only thing holding up a release now .... oh and the fact im now away for work for 3 weeks sad_o.gif

PiperWII_6.jpg

PiperWII_8.jpg

PiperWII_9.jpg