Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Beta 1.07.5154 feedback thread

Quote[/b] ]Soldiers visibly use secondary items/weapons. primary weapons are not visible at all, and soldiers arms are held at sides (like a stationary civilian) but weapon fires. no center floating of cross hair, but outer floating edges are visible (using primary weapon)

Changes in the patch make some addons conflict with the game. Remove all third party addons and it should be fine. The new releases of the addons are being made.

So Arma patch will screw all old addons.. thats not cool pistols.gif

*Edit*

After testing the new beta, all old addons and all standard infantry dont show there weapons.

In other words.. the beta really screws old addons so they either have to be updated or remade confused_o.gif

for some reason

i dont like the idea i need repost what i already wrote about bugs and issue in other 1.07.5154 thread(s) ...

whistle.gif  rofl.gif

There's always copy+paste.

i know just it's pain to find own posts in huge thread ...

(i blame search function in ikonboard)

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Soldiers visibly use secondary items/weapons. primary weapons are not visible at all, and soldiers arms are held at sides (like a stationary civilian) but weapon fires. no center floating of cross hair, but outer floating edges are visible (using primary weapon)

Changes in the patch make some addons conflict with the game. Remove all third party addons and it should be fine. The new releases of the addons are being made.

So Arma patch will screw all old addons.. thats not cool pistols.gif

This is about feedback not random spam.

@ MaddoxX Add to the 8800 Problem BlackScreen When Player Dies and also Random Freezes. Like in the Armoury.

Shadow bugs seem to be present with GeForce 7900 family too.

Here is an example of Blufor infantry.

9a1007612cee0d6abb53f568e2634ed8.th.jpg

thumbs....pghttp

EDIT: As if the shadow lod would be a complete mess. The bugged shadows are also visible through buildings wow_o.gif

OK. Finally got the img-link working.

One thing I noticed is the new armor...or lack of.

A T-72 can kill the pilots through the cockpit window and can kill a A-10 in a short time.

Even the Shilka will pierce everything to scrap metal. The A-10 cockpit can withstand 37mm. ZSU 23/4 has 23 mm. And the T-72 12,7x108 and 7,62x54R.

Pleased so far. Massive performance increase.

I'm happy, got the A-10, Increased View distance and also a new 4x4 under Civilians

One thing I noticed is the new armor...or lack of.

A T-72 can kill the pilots through the cockpit window and can kill a A-10 in a short time.

Even the Shilka will pierce everything to scrap metal. The A-10 cockpit can withstand 37mm. ZSU 23/4 has 23 mm. And the T-72 12,7x108 and 7,62x54R.

Don't forget about the rate of fire and the ammunition mix (Frag-HE-T, API-T, HEI-T). Maybe BIS will make such things better available in full patch version!? wink_o.gif

No rifle models showing on player or AI. Only Pistol models will show. But they can still shoot rifles. FFS. When will these patches start fixing the game and not adding more bugs.

ati 7.4

Core 2 6700, 2 gig corsair, ATI 1900XTX.

Cheers

GC

it has been said a million times that this

bug is caused by user made addons,

did you try to remove them all ?

Very happy so far with the 1.07beta.

3.2P4 WinXPSP2 1gig of Ram, Nvidia 7600GS 512mb

I can run over 2000 meter view and have everything on high with AA and AS turned off. Great fps and fun gameplay.

Flying can get a little choppy at times but I am cruising at 400 biggrin_o.gif

Theres a major issue with A.I. controlled helicopters and jets getting shot down too easily by A.I. controlled tanks like the BMP or T-72. They shouldn't be able to take them down so fast, it ruins missions where friendly air support comes in and is supposed to take down enemy armour because it can't stay in the air for more than a minute. This issue needs to be fixed. It's a problem with 1.06 too. MadDogX, you should post this under [/b]Summary of issues in 1.07b, it needs to be looked at.

Sorry to say it maddogx but your gonna get spammed to hell, wish people would just read sometimes  banghead.gif , is there a way anyone could delete posts not on topic (like he very kindly asked  wink_o.gif  )

Edit Nate77 did you read the first page?, i very clearly stated this already.

1 thing i like to add: I was testing NVG's in editor and as soon as i put NVG's on the screen remains in a constant loop of green, dark green dark(the game switces between nvg's to no nvg's a 1000 times i a minute) reloading editor mission solved this tough, but could be big problem in MP....

Sorry to say it maddogx but your gonna get spammed to hell, wish people would just read sometimes  banghead.gif , is there a way anyone could delete posts not on topic (like he very kindly asked  wink_o.gif  )

Edit Nate77 did you read the first page?, i very clearly stated this already.

This thread will be locked anyhows as was   http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=105   which directs 1.07 feedback here   http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62473

But on topic, i dont know the tech terms but i have an 8800gts and all the green things, trees etc looked darker and kinda like the contrast was fecked up, and as said by other 8800 users,textures take ages to load if they load at all. In game menu boxes were empty all the time ( audio options, video options, controls, gun slots, ammo slots etc ) no graphics in them i mean.

Map markers turned into horrible huge distorted markers.

All i can think of atm

More graphics stuff emerges. Occasional dark rectangles on sea surface and flying among the clouds. Did not manage a screen shot yet, but I'll grab one (was too busy admiring the rectangular ufo at the sky and got shot) wink_o.gif

May be something with the HDR or graphics changes?

@BadBone: I believe if they wanted to lock this thread, they would have already. This thread is not redundant. The other beta 1.07 thread you mentioned in your post is for discussing the beta patch.

This thread is for posting feedback only. While I'm on that topic, I would like to ask people to please refrain from posting things that don't belong here. I made this thread so that BIS would be able to get details on the issues we are experiencing without having to wade through endless pages of people complaining about the patch.

On topic: I've started adding the aforementioned issues into the summary.

Would those of you who are running 1.07 without problems please also remember to include your computer specs for reference.

I am also getting problems with my joystick setup like GAU-8 and 70gunner.

My config is the same between 1.05 and 1.07b but now I have buttons performing 2 functions (1 of which is unwanted) in 1.07b, but working perfectly in 1.05, for example:

button 2 = designate target

button 3 = switch weapon

however, now (without me changing a single thing)

button 2 = designate target AND switch weapon

button 3 = switch weapon

I also get a conflict with my flaps up and flaps down button which is now controlling my action menu, fire which is now activating stuff on my action menu, and auto hover on which is bringing up my map, which is a shame because the A-10 is so fun otherwise....

*edit* just for reference, my specs are:

MSI K8N Diamond Mobo

AMD Athlon64 3200+

1GB Crucial RAM

Geforce 6800GT

Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick

Windows XP SP2

My config is the same between 1.05 and 1.07b but now I have buttons performing 2 functions (1 of which is unwanted) in 1.07b

Ahh its not just me then! I thought i was going mad. Im also using a Saitek Cyborg Evo Joy with the buttons bound like so:

button 3 - zoom in

button 4 - switch target

button 5 - manual fire

button 6 - chase/external view

hitting button3 in 1.07 now also toggles manual fire. and the external view seems to switch itself on and off whilst using the change target button (button4).

That issue aside the patch is a huge performance boost. Though after a couple of hours play online Im still getting the LOD drop on all objects and missing textures that occur with 1.05 - then my pc will crash.

Id love to see the low-crouch-walk mode not turn me into a heavy breathing fiend. Im not sure what the justicification is for that, as you are moving slowly with no much more exertion than the normal-stance-walk mode.

Added the joystick button mapping issue to the summary.

works great for me, gained a lot of FPS

could boost my settings a little and increase the viewdistance from 1200m to 3500m and still gained about 10fps compared to 1.05

but it seams i have a slight sound bug with the AV8...

if i put a empty AV8 on the map and go close to it i can hear a sound, almost like it constantly raises and lowers the landing gears

and if i blow it up (still empty) i can hear the engine after the plane is destroyed... (not as loud as when it´s flying though)

Put the M4A1 ACOG M203 firemode issue in the summary. That's a pretty big issue (IMO).

I can't enable hardware acceleration in the Audio Options.

I can't enable hardware acceleration in the Audio Options.

That's not a bug, that's your hardware lacking.

Quote[/b] ]5145 - Fixed: HW acceleration used only when sound card offers at least 60 simultaneous sources. This fixes missing sounds while playing MP.