Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Beta 1.07.5154 feedback thread

here's the NVG bug I meantioned earlier, played in MP:

Puma with HDR at 8 or 16 or both ?

dont know, i haven't touched any HDR settings...

When shooting from heli/plane the impact smoke (or water) is not perpendicular to ground. It is perpendicular to the plane of view. That happens when you shoot while banking/flying under some angle. Did anyone else noticed this?

This only aplies to MG, not rockets.

shoule be 8 then, try change your HDR setting to 16 or 32 to see if it solve the problem, ArmA.cfg is at

*system drive*:/Documents and Settings/*username*/local setting/ArmA

use any txt editor to open it, there is a HD...... whatever there, change 8 to 16 or 32

notice that the folder is a system folder and should be hiden

This beta patch is very welcome and add so much good features (Camel pilot skin ftw).

I do not know if it has already been noticed and i don't know aswell if we can consider it as a bug or a feature, and if it's a feature, i think it's a good feature. I'am talking about when you take a enemy vehicle, allies think you are an enemy and obviously kill you destroying the vehicule in which you were.

About the javelin, i think if bis modelled a real javelin which is in two part (target system and launch system), it could probably resolve the issue of when you crouch and see nothing and add realism too. I would love a javelin as in

. Javelin ballistic is also weird and unpredictable.

Moreover, despite it's too late, i would love so far bis add real reload animations and gun animations, america's army is again a good exemple. That's just a dreamy wish.

I just noticed ,at the moment, a new bug: when you drop magazine into a m113 (for instance), magazine wil be dropped out of the m113 and not inside.

And there is still the most strange bug ever: when you put a barrier in the Plato de Cayo, you will sometimes see a barrier flying when you zoom: Screenshot of the bug.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope everyone can understand (a bit).

Hello,

My Config :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5N32-E SLI CHIPSET 680I

ALBATRON GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

2X(Dual-Chan) KINGSTON 1GO DDR2-533 PC4200 (2048 Mo)

Windows XP 32Bit Home, DirectX 9.0c April 2007 Version

nVidia ForceWare V158.22

My Problem :

Great HDR Problem with the standard config (HDR = 8) (see pic below). Problem solve with manual modification of Arma.cfg : Put HDR from 8 to 16 BUT = PERF FALL (15 to 25 FPS lose = unplayable).

Screenshot = Rigth V1.05 | Left V1.07Beta

Arma Conf = All to High but Sahder and PostProcessing = Very High

http://www.photo-partage.net/allimages/69757924.jpg

http://www.photo-partage.net/allimages/81488905.jpg

shoule be 8 then, try change your HDR setting to 16 or 32 to see if it solve the problem, ArmA.cfg is at

use any txt editor to open it, there is a HD...... whatever there, change 8 to 16 or 32

I only see .RPT .bidmp and .mdmp files but no .cfg file confused_o.gifconfused_o.gifconfused_o.gif

NVM i found it, gonna try if it helps smile_o.gif

I only see .RPT  .bidmp and .mdmp files but no .cfg file confused_o.gif  confused_o.gif  confused_o.gif

Hello,

SPC.Puma_FIN for me once the HDR problem was solve i've a big perf drop problem (between 15 and 25 FPS lose). Could you say me if the HDR problem is solve with the HDR value to 16 if you too notice a perf drop beetween V1.05Beta and V1.07Beta

Exemple : At the beguin (Where i take my shot in my post before) of Blood&Tears mission

in V1.05Beta : FPS = 43

in V1.07Beta : FPS = 22

Thx in advance, Regards ExA

I only see .RPT .bidmp and .mdmp files but no .cfg file confused_o.gifconfused_o.gifconfused_o.gif

Hello,

SPC.Puma_FIN for me once the HDR problem was solve i've a big perf drop problem (between 15 and 25 FPS lose). Could you say me if the HDR problem is solve with the HDR value to 16 if you too notice a perf drop beetween V1.05Beta and V1.07Beta

Exemple : At the beguin (Where i take my shot in my post before) of Blood&Tears mission

in V1.05Beta : FPS = 43

in V1.07Beta : FPS = 22

Thx in advance, Regards ExA

yeah i have dropped, near city's and bushes, to the point I had to lower my resolution, and tweak like hell allover again...

So, you dramatically increase a gfraphics setting and predictably lose fps. Then you want someone to fix your low fps? Gee, let me think...

Turn your goddamn settings down. pistols.gif

1.07b runs fine,

but the armory crashed 2 times now when changing the vehicle/person. (total crash to desktop)

We shouldnt have to change any configs or anything in the first place wink_o.gif

- fix the animations ...

- fix the M136/AT4 ... example movie (from Jan 07 - patch 1.02)

- fix the MK19/AGS30 ... example movie (from Jan 07 - patch 1.02)

- add a option (key) to lock the sight view, like it was since OFP 2001 and till patch 1.04. example movie 1 example movie 2

- add a option to the player, that he can order his own driver AIs (all driver AI in his group), to turn off the engine of the vehicles.

(same as in OFP "in tank - select driver AI - press 6(action) - press turn off entrie")

- add better sounds, VBS got some realistic and good one ... ArmA not

- fix the 3D soundengine

- improve the "destroyed vehicles", add other textures .. and create the "flat wheel" if a wheel is damaged (like in OFP ... whistle.gif ), the burned wheel looks strange

and plz ... - fix setpos bug (2166) or add a new comand (2535) ...

Hi rundll.exe

Quote[/b] ]1.07b runs fine

No low-LOD?

No no-texture?

No BSOD?

You must have a non-8800 :-)

@DVD: Relax, will be fixed this century, but not sure which developer/Studio/Publisher

biggrin_o.gif

Exaercase

Please do not hotlink images over 100kb. smile_o.gif

No problems with 1.07 so far. The usual LOD bug issue has made some progression somewhat. At least now when it happens i can still pay the game. It isnt as serious as before.

Judging by the activity in the forums i'd say Arma's on an acceptable playable level now. Now's the time for the nitpickers and 8800 owners to shine.

You're heading to the correct direction, BIS!

Yup 1.07 Beta look's pretty good so far. thumbs-up.gif

Didn't play that much cuz i still learning how to script. smile_o.gif

What i don't like:

New Face's ( They look to young )

8800 GTX whistle.gif

Marker's on the Map are way to big!!!

May it's just becouse i didn't sleep more then 5 Hour's the last few week's a day becouse of ArmA but:

Was there something changed on the Graphic's? They look worse since 1.07 Beta ( Shadow's, Textures )

What i like:

New hit Animation's thumbs-up.gif

I think there should be more things i like on 1.07 but like i sad didn't play that much so far.

KEEP IT UP BIS!! wink_o.gif

Everything looks very nice but my small nitpick is this: wouldn't the flip-up GL sight completely obstruct your use of the ACOG? Is it possible to animate the sight so that it's down when you have the rifle selected and up when using the GL? Looks kind of dumb as-is.

Also, the little police jeep is crammed full of US Army ammunition? M203 rounds, M24 mags, etc.

It also appears that the M16A4 burst ROF has been fixed...very nice.

*edit*

Javelin behavior fixed too!!! It top-attacks now! Woohoo! Now just add it to an ammo crate and create a Heavy AT class and we're good to go! My nitpick about the Jav, though, is that the optics part should be hidden when it's on your back because it clips through your head and looks foolish...the RPG rocket is hidden when slung on the shoulder, just do the same thing with the Jav.

*edit2*

My AI buddy just killed a stationary T72 with a Jav at a range of 890 yards. w00t.

Everything looks very nice but my small nitpick is this: wouldn't the flip-up GL sight completely obstruct your use of the ACOG?  Is it possible to animate the sight so that it's down when you have the rifle selected and up when using the GL?  Looks kind of dumb as-is.

Also, the little police jeep is crammed full of US Army ammunition?  M203 rounds, M24 mags, etc.

It also appears that the M16A4 burst ROF has been fixed...very nice.

since the sights (as long as its not zoomed) are all 3d modeled on the weapon itself there should be a problem to implanting this

What i don't like:

New Face's ( They look to young )

Just for your information, the average age of a United States military man is early-mid 20s. Tha means lots of fresh highschool grads.

Can one of you test if you can shoot street lights out at night like in OFP? I have a sprocket ver. I don't want to upgrade until the final 1.07.

TIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS76Tf3F8xA

I just tested yeasterday, and no u can't shoot the lights(shame cuz u can shoot vehicle lights)

things i like:

-alltough FPS went down in citys and near bushes, the game runs much smoother, even with low FPS.

-don't know what they've done with acog sight, but i like em now

-terrain looks nicer now

-new NVG's: no more totall darkness in low light areas

-helos engage ground troops

something strange going on with harrier GBU, like bootleg soldier said: Almost every bombing run ends up in harrier crashing to ground banghead.gif

since the sights (as long as its not zoomed) are all 3d modeled on the weapon itself there should be a problem to implanting this

What would the problem be? I'm not suggesting a smooth flip-up animation, just an up/down kind of thing. They already do something similar with magazines: in or out, and on the SAW and M240, bullets in the feed or no bullets in the feed.