Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Beta 1.07.5154 feedback thread

Can one of you test if you can shoot street lights out at night like in OFP? I have a sprocket ver. I don't want to upgrade until the final 1.07.

TIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS76Tf3F8xA

I just tested yeasterday, and no u can't shoot the lights(shame cuz u can shoot vehicle lights)

Thx for checking. Usually next-gen games are everything the old-gen had plus! I would think it would be simple to implement by getting the damage from that object and turning the light off. IE: (object 376482) switchLight "off". Something small -but very important for the atmosphere of stealth missions- the developers forgot.

So, you dramatically increase a gfraphics setting and predictably lose fps.  Then you want someone to fix your low fps?  Gee, let me think...

Turn your goddamn settings down.  pistols.gif

heu you think we are dude huh.gif

All test are done with the exacte same seting

just some few cents from me.

I would prefer some performance fixes and some improvements like:

# Robust tracer modelling accurate tracer/ball ratio and ‘dim tracers’ that bloom through NVG

# The Map Samawah or something like that for missions in middle-eastern terrain

# Wide selection of ADF and USMC units and vehicles

# A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations

# Fully functional UAV simulation

# Multiple fully functional gunner positions per vehicle

# The new vehicle interaction interface from VBS2

# Accurate vehicle animation depicting functionality of doors, hatches and more

# Interact and manipulate objects...i.e. traffic cones, CP signs, road spike strips.

# Completely new Real Time Editor that can edit in 3D mode in addition to 2D mode.

# Chooseable NATO marker generation and marker overlay system

#Oxygen3(Light or so), Visitor 3 etc. we need the tools.

//Its not much, its allready implemented in Armed Assault but not activated i think.

That is a great start that makes the disapointed players happy again.

greetz, kev

edi: please fix this rock issue. if i drive against a rock and disembark, my vehicle explodes.

(...)

We've just seen your 2 cents in another thread. Stop asking for VBS2 features. It ain't gonna happen.

(...)

We've just seen your 2 cents in another thread. Stop asking for VBS2 features. It ain't gonna happen.

if its dont gonna happen, tell me please why we have the NV from VBS2 then? and were is this Stryker onboard driver LCD from?

Also not everything i wrote is VBS2 only. i wroted some good and needet improvements. this is a suggestion and feedback thread. so i am right with this points.

adding some features for better gameplay etc.

thats what i explain with that post.

By the way, the german modder team BW-Mod is making better units for there addon as BIS for Armed Assault. More details and features included. that is disapointing many german players.

@Kev: And that is called VBS2...

If you want VBS2, pay for it, don't expect BIS to update ArmA up to its level.

On topic : I really find the 1.0.7b patch for ArmA enjoyable. Quite a lot of bugs I had have disappeared, while some remain. I have noticed a more stable fps rate indeed (something around 25-30), even in GPU intensive areas.

On the other hand, I don't think the addition of SF helmets was even hardly needed, but now that they are here, well, it's nice nonetheless.

However, I would have appreciated a very SIMPLE fix for a bug that remains from 1.0.0 : the unavoidable ugly laser beam tracer. Whether you want to disable them or not, you can't. It's not even an improvement request, I just want the "disable tracers" code to work.

Malick

(...)

if its dont gonna happen, tell me please why we have the NV from VBS2 then? and were is this Stryker onboard driver LCD from?

Also not everything i wrote is VBS2 only. i wroted some good and needet improvements. this is a suggestion and feedback thread. so i am right with this points.

adding some features for better gameplay etc.

thats what i explain with that post.

By the way, the german modder team BW-Mod is making better units for there addon as BIS for Armed Assault. More details and features included. that is disapointing many german players.

Even if your requests were legitimate, this thread is for 1.07b feedback only, and it is explicitly stated in the thread rules that you should not ask for new features that aren't already in 1.07b.

@Kev: And that is called VBS2...

If you want VBS2, pay for it, don't expect BIS to update ArmA up to its level.

sorry your wrong. the only vbs2 features in my list are the 3d editor and the interact with vehicle interface.

so whaht is your guys problem?

UAV is i nice addon too for sure thats why i added.

i added USMC vehicles into the list because OPF had B2Bradley and few other vehicles, where are they. i miss it so i wirte it.

also i cant see no more russian enemy units. its boring, how about some middle-eastern units?

so stop baggin me guys i just wrote some suggestions that are able.

I dont want all the features like in VBS2, because i dont need such things like AAR etc.

Quote[/b] ]

Even if your requests were legitimate, this thread is for 1.07b feedback only, and it is explicitly stated in the thread rules that you should not ask for new features that aren't already in 1.07b.

im sorry i overread it. i have read feedback and suggestions on reading over the forum thread list and clicked it directly. thats why i edited and added my few cents about that vehicle destruct bug if u drive into a rock and disembark.

also i prefer some more performance improvements. but the rest i have seen so far was a good start on that patch.

Kev, Some nice ideas, but some comments on some of them:

Quote[/b] ]# A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations

# The Map Samawah or something like that for missions in middle-eastern terrain

# A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations

Im not exactly sure how you wish to mix these with the Sarahni Campaign/Story etc? (BIS Includes stuff for their Theme of course smile_o.gif Maybe it's a nice idea for an expansion pack sometime?)
Quote[/b] ]# Chooseable NATO marker generation and marker overlay system
Generally Speaking, the systems are basicly there, all you need to do is get the right Marker Package and exchange the markers you wish.

I don't understand or see a reason for BIS to implement multiple types of markers?

Quote[/b] ]# Multiple fully functional gunner positions per vehicle
What is the difference between the current available multiple gunner positions, and the thing you mention?

Some of the points you make I wouldnt want BIS to spend time on... addon/mod makers/houses can easily work those things out, to my opinion BIS should only work on bugfixes and optimizations smile_o.gif

generaly happy with the improvements so far. .....but

1. I have to back up the idea of shootable street lights

2. It would be good to see something done to make the tracers more workable.

3. The dropping of weapons after swimming for only 30 seconds is totaly laughable, a couple of minutes would be more acceptable (support?....anyone?)

If BIS are going to argue that they're selling us a realistic gaming engine to excuse the poor campiagn then they should look at these sort of issues at the default level  instead of making us wait for somones addon. Then the community can spend less time trying to work around these frustrating little issues and can concentrate on more interesting things.

ie kevs list wink_o.gif , wich is what the community is for

BTW BIS keep up the good work!  notworthy.gif

So... has not being able to play it in Sprocket been fixed yet?

Confirmed the street lights issue and added it to the summary.

So... has not being able to play it in Sprocket been fixed yet?

my sprocket installed fine..

mind u need to reactivate tough

i did some betatest...BIS has improved ArmA well and they should go on and release the patch this month. Maybe some tools are final in june/july?

please change that missile-soldiers fire on enemy soldiers with their rockets icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe some strict order like:

RPG/M136 AI targets for missiles = vehicles

Strela/Stinger AI targets for missiles = aircraft

at enemy soldiers AI should only fire with guns, rifles...

i did some betatest...BIS has improved ArmA well and they should go  on and release the patch this month. Maybe some tools are final in june/july?

please change that missile-soldiers fire on enemy soldiers with their rockets icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe some strict order like:

RPG/M136 AI targets for missiles = vehicles

Strela/Stinger AI targets for missiles = aircraft

at enemy soldiers AI should only fire with guns, rifles...

From what I understand, the AI tends to use high value (cost) weapons, such as RPG, AT or AA, against infantery in desperate situations or when immediate destruction is required.

The problem lies in evaluating the "desperation" factor for an unit. Or giving higher cost to units in order to prevent them using these against unarmored target. The problem then being in balancing the costs : maybe then, the AI would simply never use AT weapons against lightly armored vehicles (trucks, light APC, etc..)

Some balancing is still needed, the good news is that it's not hard coded !

Malick