Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

You can continue this in the CM forums if they tolerate this.

No, no we don't.

On the dismemberment issue, I don't mind it at all, but I can do without it as it's not important to tactical gameplay. Although, at the same time, I don't care for certain aspects of realism such at which weapon has accurate recoil, or how accurate to life its sound effect is, as so many seem to. Level of gore, recoil, etc., trivial issues in arguments both for and against, cool if they're simulated, but hardly worth the worry if they're not.

Trunkz Jr

Please edit your posts rather then making a new post every 2 minutes. smile_o.gif

A bit (current) off-topic, but still on the topic.. tounge2.gif

I'm trying to figure out what kind of weapons these are, but I've having problems identifying some (mostly PLA)...

The second shotgun from the left is the Benelli M4 (M1014)

The stock of the SCAR is very different from FN FAL.

VFC-SCAR-STOCK.jpg

1521d.jpg

Besides, this is suppose to be a modern scenario so the most logical would be SCAR Mk16 (Mag on Mk16 are bent, Mk17 got straight)

Source: fnhusa.com

EDIT: Thanks, Deadfast. I should have known... whistle.gif

Its has been confirmed officially that OFP2 will only allow max 32 players in MP... LOL! (yes also for PC)

They making a great game.. and then they limit it in such a way... what are they thinking.

I guess huge games like IC-arma are still on the hand of BIS biggrin_o.gif

Its has been confirmed officially that OFP2 will only allow max 32 players in MP... LOL! (yes also for PC)

They making a great game.. and then they limit it in such a way... what are they thinking.

ah what a hell, that is a major lol. But to be fair, I dont see that many servers in Arma that has 32 players in a session and in Coop games/which I prefer you dont need that many players either.

ah what a hell, that is a major lol. But to be fair, I dont see that many servers in Arma that has 32 players in a session and in Coop games/which I prefer you dont need that many players either.

EDIT : damn TAB key making me post too early!

Back on topic :

Indeed. It's probably an area where they don't feel reasonable to go too far.

the few 50+ servers in ArmA are Berzerk ones lately. CM is not aiming for that, I guess.

I'm more concerned about the 256 unit max in MP, if confirmed for PC too. It makes me wonder about the possible scale of the game. Which is ArmA main point, so maybe the 2 titles will be completely different in this regard. But still too early to know smile_o.gif

Anyway, this is the kind of information that I feel more important than the state of animations (ok, ok, I'll stop with that, promised wink_o.gif )

Most of the time, 32 human players is more than enough (especially in coop mod). But still... once in a while, it's nice to have those huge battles...

I'm pretty sure this has to do with console compatibility,which lends me to ask : if Arma 2 is intended for consoles as well, will BIS have to reduce the number of players in MP by the same magnitude ?

Edit : After re-reading it... coop only allows for 8 players... Now THAT's annoying...

I'm pretty sure this has to do with console compatibility,which lends me to ask : if Arma 2 is intended for consoles as well, will BIS have to reduce the number of players in MP by the same magnitude ?

I dont see why, they are completely other games, and building in a hard-code limit for consoles is easy. They could (and should) leave it out for PC.

Well, I gotta say that the max player limit for coop definately is a no-go. 8 players.. missions will be SF only then. I can't really understand why you would possible limit the game like this.

If there's one player controlled tank in the mission, it almost requires half the players to use it...

I think the maximum number of players should be around 32, there aren't many coops (if any at all) that require more players anyways. Don't tell me 'but there might be', I've heard that a lot but haven't seen much of them since OFP was first released.

I'm more concerned about the 256 unit max in MP, if confirmed for PC too. It makes me wonder about the possible scale of the game. Which is ArmA main point, so maybe the 2 titles will be completely different in this regard. But still too early to know smile_o.gif

I don't know what makes you say limiting the AI to 256 units in MP is a serious problem of the game. Yes, of course, ArmA can have dozends of hundreds of AI guys all over the map, but it would be a lagfest. On the other hand, please give me an example of a map that would need more 256 units close to the player.. I can't think of any. And, the most important thing.. OFP had the createVehicle / createXY commands too, so there shouldn't be much of a problem to create AI when needed and still keep their numbers within the 256 units limit... of course it has yet to be confirmed / declined that scripting will be as strong as it is in ArmA, but if they really want the game to become a real and successful successor to OFP, they don't have much of a chance to cut it down, do they?

From what I have seen of OFP2, they have much more detail included in every aspect of the game. This would seem to require much more network traffic than in Arma, where clients generally "figure out" what they're supposed to do from limited information.

Example: In arma you damage a humvee's windshield, it turns a "broken glass" texture which the client figures it should display. If in ofp2 you get individual bullet holes and other detailed damage effects, you're going to need more MP communication.

This extended level of detail throughout the engine would seem to push the total number of players down from what an engine like arma can handle, but I'm merely speculating. Plus, 32 players is probably enough for 'most purposes' anyway.

Latest info from OFP2 Facebook:

*UPDATED* Facebook Page to be updated with exclusive never seen before game models when we reach 400 fans!

So people, register on facebook and become a fan of OFP2 profile!

http://www.facebook.com/pages....4134796

I'm not interested to see any models, nor am i interested in a lame hype like "Facebook" (if i hear that name i need to threw up).

A nice new movie would be great however... lets see what the GC 08 will bring us...

*UPDATED* Facebook Page to be updated with exclusive never seen before game models when we reach 400 fans!

"Chops is now friends with Operation Flashpoint 2"

I'll also have to update my status to "Chops now has no chance of shagging any of the girls in his friends list"

ANyway, as far as I see it, both Codemasters and BIS have OFP to their credit, while only BIS carries the burden of the Arma debacle, so I'm expecting a better product from CM, from the information currently available on both games. All I've seen of Arma II is some new trees and read that the AI will shout, which ECP introduced in the OFP days.

That said, brand loyalty counts for shit and I will by a FPS from McDonalds if it looks the goods. pistols.gif

Well Im a "fan" now so lets get that memberlist rollin!

Quote[/b] ]

"Chops is now friends with Operation Flashpoint 2"

I'll also have to update my status to "Chops now has no chance of shagging any of the girls in his friends list"

rofl.gif

Coffee all over the monitor!

Well, I gotta say that the max player limit for coop definately is a no-go. 8 players.. missions will be SF only then. I can't really understand why you would possible limit the game like this.

If there's one player controlled tank in the mission, it almost requires half the players to use it...

I think the maximum number of players should be around 32, there aren't many coops (if any at all) that require more players anyways. Don't tell me 'but there might be', I've heard that a lot but haven't seen much of them since OFP was first released.

"its not how good your car is, its how you drive that matters"

of cause you can play the game with 32 ppl playing in it running around like an idiot

or you can play the game with half the number where all player works as a team

and guess which bunch of ppl can last longer

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you can play the game with 32 ppl playing in it running around like an idiot

Still, half 32 = 16, not 8...

8 is low, even for coops. 16 would be ok 50% of the time, 32 is fine for me 80/90% of the time.

Quote[/b] ]you can play the game with 32 ppl playing in it running around like an idiot

Still, half 32 = 16, not 8...

8 is low, even for coops. 16 would be ok 50% of the time, 32 is fine for me 80/90% of the time.

I know for at least 1 organization playing on regular basis with 30-40 people connected. They must look at these numbers in dismay

Ofc, it's far from the majority smile_o.gif Let's just say, it can happen.

I only have 8 computers.

8 man co-op is perfect for my LAN.

I would hope that the multiplayer limitations are a function of the console compatability, not the software itself.

32 players isn't enough on a 130 mile map.

Over the years of playing on the CiA coop server we usually had around 10 - 20 people playing and that´s quite a good number to have coordinated coops running imo. So far the limit doesn´t seem to be unreasonable for me keeping in mind the data traffic that´s caused by all the dynamics that come with OFP 2.

I´m at least very curious on the final of OFP 2. So far it looks very promising to me.

Btw, Arma has been ranked 2nd on the "Most buggiest game when released" - list only topped by Gothic 3. List has been conducted by readers of pc games germany. sad_o.gif

*Dang* Picture too big by 3kb...

it also depend on how you design the mission by putting in reasonable numbers of enemy, skills or maybe different useful AI scripts

Btw, Arma has been ranked 2nd on the "Most buggiest game when released" - list only topped by Gothic 3. List has been conducted by readers of pc games germany.  sad_o.gif

*Dang* Picture too big by 3kb...

Wow, even the buggy game (in my opinion) No.1 is better than Arma listed (Boiling Point) rofl.gif

To the multiplayer issue:

32 as a max. for Coop, would be OK.... but 32 as the whole maximum sounds like a joke to me in 2009 wink_o.gif

I would miss 100+ PvP Matches like on that IC Arma. And with proper Multi-core optimization for Dedicated-Servers like Arma2 is going to have, i bet we could even knack that and get 200+ in PvP.

Imagine a large-scale PvP battle in whole Chernarus. inlove.gif

Btw, Arma has been ranked 2nd on the "Most buggiest game when released" - list only topped by Gothic 3. List has been conducted by readers of pc games germany. sad_o.gif

Excuse me for being offtopic but that list is so wrong, mine Arma wasnt that buggy when I got it, perhaps german edition was but not mine and what is AoC doing there?! Sure some quests are bugged but Wow was even worse when it got released.

Arma was fully enjoyable from start, end of story. Atleast from my point of view. wink_o.gif

Now ontopic, we are soon 300 members on facebook, keep it up and soon we can see some exclusive screenshots. *lol I know*