Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

Animations. Transitions really. And just the mouse seems...sleepy and just too dependant on FPS. The damn transitions and can't-break-out-of-the-loop thing that hasn't been fixed is...ugh

On a closing note, when it comes down to it, this discussion would not be happening if not for a little Czech studio that did something amazing. Regardless of what you think of ArmA, or CM, or OFP2, or ArmA2, or anything else, you cannot deny that simple fact.

Yes, what's your point? OFP wouldn't have been possible without somebody making the amazing Pong video game first. Or without the guys who discovered electricity, invented microprocessors and all that. The only thing that matters to the end-user is the end-product, not who first came up with each of the ideas in it.

If it were not BIS, someone else would have eventually made an OFP-like game, there is a demand for such and it's really just a mashup of ideas and mechanics already seen in countless video games before it.

Time of the month Pulverizer?

Yes. I am menstruating out of my ass so no steaming hot gay buttsex for you tonight unless you want to switch roles my darling.

Quote[/b] ]Yes.

Join a knitting circle. That way you can bitch about pedantic little things to your hearts content.

Quote[/b] ]I am menstruating out of my ass so no steaming hot gay buttsex for you tonight unless you want to switch roles my darling.

Time of the month Pulverizer?

Yes. I am menstruating out of my ass so no steaming hot gay buttsex for you tonight unless you want to switch roles my darling.

OK it's enough now. I think a 48h break might help cooling you down.

You can continue this in the CM forums if they tolerate this.

i was wondering if someone could name the guns from that interview video?

from THIS PICTURE

Also, I'm also much more excited for OFP2 now then ArmA2. Tho I would like to see an Interview of ArmA2, but as of right now it's kinda hard to look at ArmA2 when you see such nice things from OFP2...

I mean common Gore Limb Dismemberment will be included in OFP2? That's how it should be if you fire an M107 at someones leg.

If OPF2 has 70 weapons, ArmA2 should have 100 XD

Quote[/b] ]The sad part is that there is going to be a lot of anger, a lot of wasted hate and bitterness and vitriol, between communities and gamers that share so much in common.

Indeed, overheated discussion is totally unneeded. As you say, it's inevitable, though. banghead.gif

OFP2 looks promising. If they deliver half the things they promised, the fans will be happy. BIS has a hard time competing if there even will be a competition.

OFP was the best game I ever played and ARMA was the most disappointed game I ever played!

It was worst in everything.

-Worst single player experience (Ironic, since OFP had the best single player atmosphere of any game I played)

-Buggiest game out of the box

-Buggiest multiplayer game out of the box

-The game with the choppiest movements.

Basically everything that makes a game frustrating, ARMA had it. People shouldn't have to wait for years of patching and mods to enjoy a game that was suppose to be enjoyable out of the box.

Thats what BIS did wrong, and if Codies gets it right, everybody will be happy. And playing their past games, I'm pretty sure they will get it right.

Also that presentation makes me think that Codies has been listening to what fans wanted for ARMA and decided to implement them into OFP2.

As for ARMA2, I have yet to see anything promising about it.

Quote[/b] ]The sad part is that there is going to be a lot of anger, a lot of wasted hate and bitterness and vitriol, between communities and gamers that share so much in common.

Indeed, overheated discussion is totally unneeded. As you say, it's inevitable, though.  banghead.gif

In my opinion even with all the back and forth talk on this thread everybody here seems to be relatively mature about this discussion so it is still RELATIVELY good community talk here, unlike some other forum that one could point at. Although there it is more like one sided bashing with or without an occasion.

I agree that it's only a minority, and those that do become out-of-hand should be dealt with by the moderators, so it shouldn't be too bad, but moderators aren't ubiquitous or omniscient. There are plenty of reasonable people on these forums so perhaps it won't be so bad.

The problem boils down to the ego and lack of experience with reasonable discussion. It's also a case of this.

I mean common Gore Limb Dismemberment will be included in OFP2? That's how it should be if you fire an M107 at someones leg.

If OPF2 has 70 weapons, ArmA2 should have 100 XD

No, no, and NO!

This isn't Rambo, .50 caliber dismemberment is exactly the kind of hollywood crap that I think Codemasters is trying to avoid.

Bullets are very small objects that travel at a high speed. You can measure the energy transferred by a bullet by computing the mass multiplied by the velocity, and even for .50 caliber rounds, you're not knocking limbs off a person. To do so required far more energy than a bullet can provide.

This isn't Rambo,

What!? confused_o.gif

Just kidding, I think both games will turn out good in the end, ARMAII already have me with its new environment and since I like ARMA I will probaby like the follow-up. But DAM does OFPII sound awesome already although its a long time until release.

Hopefully it will deliver what they promise but never trust what devs says....to any game. whistle.gif

I hate it when people want these gore effects. Blood is enough and I only need it to see if the enemy is hit. Nothing more!

This isn't Rambo,

What!?  confused_o.gif

Just kidding, I think both games will turn out good in the end, ARMAII already have me with its new environment and since I like ARMA I will probaby like the follow-up. But DAM does OFPII sound awesome already although its a long time until release.

Hopefully it will deliver what they promise but never trust what devs says....to any game. whistle.gif

Amen to that!

I think that the more mature gamers among us will sit back and enjoy both games if they both turn out decent, while the brand-loyalists will continue to bicker regardless.

I hate it when people want these gore effects. Blood is enough and I only need it to see if the enemy is hit. Nothing more!

Hmm i have nothing against some gore and body-parts dismemberment, as long as it stays realistic!

I mean if a 2000Lbs bomb drops a few meters near your squad, i bet in RL the explosion or at least the blast will do this to you.

Same goes for HE ammo of the apache for instance.. in Youtube there are some pretty brutal videos where the guys hitting by this really splatter into a mud of tissue and bone-parts.

I know it ugly, but its also real....

I think what we all here want tho is a game with realism and so far OFP2 is glowing a lot more then ArmA2.

Hmm i have nothing against some gore and body-parts dismemberment, as long as it stays realistic!

I mean if a 2000Lbs bomb drops a few meters near your squad, i bet in RL the explosion or at least the blast will do this to you.

Same goes for HE ammo of the apache for instance.. in Youtube there are some pretty brutal videos where the guys hitting by this really splatter into a mud of tissue and bone-parts.

I know it ugly, but its also real....

Yes Thank you. What I meant was not the kinda limb flying off action that SOF3 has (I thought an M107 could do it tho sry XD) but it is nice to see maybe a foot or an arm missing, depending on what happens.

Also it's nice to have a knife on you, tho I think it's hard to get close enough depending on the battle and situation you probably won't use it much, but its nice just to have it there. Btw I don't mean slashing around Battlefield style, if I had a Knife I want to plunge it into my enemy like CoD4 but not out of no where.

Also I still was wondering if someone could name some of these Assault Riffles? I know it's not totally in the discussion but I really don't know some of them and I kinda wanted to look some up.

weaponsfb5sy3.jpg

Damn it if you want to see those things go to Iraq or Afghanistan!

I bet all soldiers who were injured will support your wish for these things... COOL HE JUST LOST A LEG. Lets see if we can shoot his head off!

mad_o.gif

This is game!

I think what we all here want tho is a game with realism and so far OFP2 is glowing a lot more then ArmA2.

And you can tell that from a few released (render) screenshots and some early Alpha videos.

No one here seen either a demo or beta from OFP2 nor from ArmA2 but you can tell already that OFP2 has better realism then ArmA2 will have.

icon_rolleyes.gif

And you can tell that from a few released (render) screenshots and some early Alpha videos.

No one here seen either a demo or beta from OFP2 nor from ArmA2 but you can tell already that OFP2 has better realism then ArmA2 will have.

icon_rolleyes.gif

So far from their Info and what they've presented, yes you can tell already. Maybe in the Final Release their AI could be as Dumb as a Doorknob, i'm staying at this present time, OFP2 is still looking better.

Damn it if you want to see those things go to Iraq or Afghanistan!

I bet all soldiers who were injured will support your wish for these things... COOL HE JUST LOST A LEG. Lets see if we can shoot his head off!

mad_o.gif

This is game!

Your right, it is a game, a game of realism and it can happen in real life. It's not my fault if a 13yr get a hold of a M rated game and blows off peoples body parts, no different then what they do in ArmA and shooting people in the leg for fun while waiting for a chopper.

A bit (current) off-topic, but still on the topic.. tounge2.gif

I'm trying to figure out what kind of weapons these are, but I've having problems identifying some (mostly PLA). I know this community have a tendens to detail, so I guess this is the best place to ask around..

Quote[/b] ]I'm not totally sure when it comes to PLA equipment, more or less because everytime it's named Type-95, Type this, Type that.. And because I haven't been following up so much.

Anyways, I managed to find info about most of the weapons, but it's not yet completed.

Here's part of the list, but due to poor picture quality it is sometimes hard to recognize

or just simply faulty/wrong models (Mainly PLA weapons). For example the tube on

the Type 69 (RPG), I think it's suppose to be shorter.

Gamespot Forums (OFP2)

I hope I'm on the right track. Picture without text

weaponsOFP2.jpg

99886 bytes

@colossus

For me those pistols look more like a M9 baretta & QSZ-92, and for me the SCAR LB looks more like the old FN FAL, even if i know that makes no sence. biggrin_o.gif

The SCAR magazin is longer... well it is hard to figure it out by this bad picture quality.