Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

As we know too little about what will go on in OFP2 excactly, let's try to come clean with both games. I guess i'll buy both, since it seems to me, both games will fill their niche. ArmA II as the perfect sandbox to play years with, OFP2 for a little more of fast paced action (from what i've seen so far). We waited what, six or almost seven years to have a true successor? And now we are about to get two titles for our genre. Fine, because i'm tired of that annual repeating run'n gun facelifted bullshit that is sold nowadays!

There should be 10 minutes of actual ingame footage available next week during GC 2008. Can't wait.

As we know too little about what will go on in OFP2 excactly, let's try to come clean with both games. I guess i'll buy both, since it seems to me, both games will fill their niche. ArmA II as the perfect sandbox to play years with, OFP2 for a little more of fast paced action (from what i've seen so far). We waited what, six or almost seven years to have a true successor? And now we are about to get two titles for our genre. Fine, because i'm tired of that annual repeating run'n gun facelifted bullshit that is sold nowadays!

You started off fine, then you contradicted yourself!  wink_o.gif

From what I've seen so far OFP2 will be everything that OFP1 was and more! That means having a realistic pace of action and that perfect sandbox also.

.... so let's wait and see!  smile_o.gif

In the last weeks the Devs at the CM forums Have been providing lots of Information about the game, Possibly more than BIS have been giving in the past few months

At the link you can find the topic where the Devs have and will be giving out info, this thread will be getting all the Updates and Info about Operation Flashpoint 2 from the Dev team.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300524

And once GC is over you will get a Sticky thread at the following link with all the Info and vids and Screens from the presentation just in case you don't know where to look.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113

You started off fine, then you contradicted yourself!  wink_o.gif

From what I've seen so far OFP2 will be everything that OFP1 was and more! That means having a realistic pace of action and that perfect sandbox also.

.... so let's wait and see!  smile_o.gif

Yep, really? I've not seen any real ingame shot, i've not heard a word about an editor, the scripting capabilities, ability to mod, the gameplay and so on. Amazing how you can judge things, you have never really seen wink_o.gif

Yep, really? I've not seen any real ingame shot, i've not heard a word about an editor, the scripting capabilities, ability to mod, the gameplay and so on. Amazing how you can judge things, you have never really seen wink_o.gif

Oh Really now? If you were looking around in the CM forums you would have found an Answer to all your questions,

In game screens are confirmed at GC.

A 3D editor just like the OPF one but better will be in the game.

Scripting will be in the game.

Modding tools will be released just before the actual release of the game.

Amazing how you can judge things, that you have really seen and heard about.

wink_o.gif

What did they define as modding tools? Also, are there any known specifics about modding? As in, how bound are we?

What did they define as modding tools? Also, are there any known specifics about modding? As in, how bound are we?

At the last thing what I heard ( i34 presentation) they didn't said any specific about it, just it will be moddable.

Further it sounds that they want detract from something. confused_o.gif

seeing :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEK1NqCNICs&eurl=http://ofp2.info/

( 14:40)

CM is good with marketing stuff and lets hope they dont destroy to many hopes and dreams. Judging only by pictures, teasers, nice words and presentations is imho a bit naive.

Better wait until its "done" and released. smile_o.gif

The game is barely 7 months from release, i'm sure they will release more info about that in the coming months.

Oh Really now? If you were looking around in the CM forums you would have found an Answer to all your questions,

In game screens are confirmed at GC.

A 3D editor just like the OPF one but better will be in the game.

Scripting will be in the game.

Modding tools will be released just before the actual release of the game.

Amazing how you can judge things, that you have really seen and heard about.

wink_o.gif

Well, what they say and what actually is in the game plus at what level, are two very different animals for my experience with life. I trust my eyes and some respected magazines that will test the game. Also, you say they wrote it in the forums, and that they announced to show ingame scenes at GC. So sorry, but your closing sentence makes just little sense. You rely on "really seen and heard abouts", nice i do not wink_o.gif

Edit: Just to make things clear, i don't want to bash OFP2. But i believe in things i can see, feel and test. Anything else is just to tease the people, to create a hype in my opinion.

(Everything you want to know Hoot is in the Following Videos)

I think it's a very Special day today, Because GC opened with the First In game videos of OPF2 and I say it's going to be way ahead of it's time!

There are two Videos, One about the AI from Clive Lindop, And one From Senior Producer Brant Nicholas.

In the Background on the big HD Screen is confirmed images and videos of Operation Flashpoint 2 : Dragon Rising.

First Video With Clive Lindop

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc....terview

Second Video from Brant Nicholas

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc....title;2

Hmm... i see both players, but they don't start streaming... :/

edit: download works

OK, these are the same links I posted before.

You don't see much in the Clive Lindoop video (stupid cameraman just focuses on the guys head), but in the other link you can see some action on the plasma screen.

OK, these are the same links I posted before.

You don't see much in the Clive Lindoop video (stupid cameraman just focuses on the guys head), but in the other link you can see some action on the plasma screen.

Oop, Sorry, Didn't see yours. huh.gif

It's a little hard to follow the spoken words, without having a universal translator built-in wink_o.gif

However, from what i've seen, it looks okay. I am not impressed by the trees, having bloom flimmering on the trunk is a bit odd and exaggerated. Also the models (flora) don't look impressing, but those are maybe just placeholders. Okay it was not much shown, the known trailer, some stills we already know, the ingame-scenes do not show much of the features. But perhaps that is what both guys are talking about. Need to listen more closely to what they say. Anyhow, nice find! Proper material for the first day.

I'm hardly impressed by what I've seen, but it's WIP. It does look a tad arcadey, though. We'll see. 16 player multiplayer? Pah!

I'm hardly impressed by what I've seen, but it's WIP. It does look a tad arcadey, though. We'll see. 16 player multiplayer? Pah!

Erm, ok.. so what would impress you?

But in my opinion, the game looks very very promising, the game footage in the background already looked great, i liked the moving head, you will feel less like a floating camera with a gun attached.

Good stuff!

But in my opinion, the game looks very very promising, the game footage in the background already looked great, i liked the moving head, you will feel less like a floating camera with a gun attached.

Isn't that what OFP has...and ArmA...

OFP2 looks really nice in the presentation. =) Now I'm waiting for an in-game gameplay video to see if everything really works well. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Isn't that what OFP has...and ArmA...

This effect seems better in OFP2. You have more sense of weight... Maybe it's tiresome after sometime, but still...

And to me it looks very good. Better than Arma 2 ? I don't know, it's hard to tell... But I does impress me.

I'm so happy to have 2 great games coming...

The only thing i see in this small video is it looks like some sort of BF2 or anything along the lines nothing to impress me.

I hope they will show a better footage with some more action going on. goodnight.gif