Sign in to follow this  
imported_bör

Operation Flashpoint 2 officially announced

IF the actual game has what those video's showed then it will certainly prove interesting, the lighting still bugs the crap out of me but eh I'm sure there will be a contrast button..

Can't really say much as what they showed weren't really ingame and it's usually foolish to make assumptions of how things will work before you see it ingame, much will have changed.

I wouldn´t say they are uninteresting. They show that there will be several different headmodels for the game, something that is missing in Arma.

They are seriously into details, aren´t they thumbs-up.gif

I meant uninteresting as they don't show much.

Of course it's a FB exclusivity... We can't expect much.

Still it does show they're paying much attention to detail and it's reassuring. wink_o.gif

These guys look very simple minded. But maybe this is be-owed to the identification with the target-audience of the ofp2.

wolfsblut, are you just trying to make trouble or do you actually want to participate in a serious discussion? Actually, considering your earlier post in this thread about Helmchen's weight and looks, it's sure you're just here to flame. So thanks for another utterly pointless post showing your very own stupidity.

ontopic:

the head models look good, but I prefer the game to go into the details in other areas smile_o.gif Sure they are important for cutscenes and the campaign and stuff, but in the middle of a fight you don't have much look for nice head models wink_o.gif

These guys look very simple minded. But maybe this is be-owed to the identification with the target-audience of the ofp2.

Your last comment is damn close to flamebaiting.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread then don't post at all, spamming the forums to increase your postcount doesn't work here. wink_o.gif

ATTENTION ALL!

I am here at i34 UK - and operation flashpoint 2 is being showcased by COdemasters tomorrow (friday) at 8pm to 9:30pm Whilse i am there, i will try and type down as many details as i can on my laptop and take as many photos of screenshots as i can.

I am so excited!!

Yeah saw that trailer too. Its not even ingame.. whats the point? Ive seen nothiing to prove that it will compete with arma2 at all yet...

Yeah saw that trailer too. Its not even ingame.. whats the point? Ive seen nothiing to prove that it will compete with arma2 at all yet...

That's not a trailer. And the effects and models you see in that video are actual ingame stuff.

If you haven't seen anything to prove that it will compete with arma2 at all, you must be blind or something. Have you even watched

It has some ingame footage.

Yea it looks great visually, but these are in-engine footage, not ingame footage. they do not reveal how realistic the game will be, and how the animations, HUD, ballistics etc is.

In-engine and ingame is pretty much the same. Yes, you can make a cutscene and crank up some details or script the AI so that they look super smart an life-like, but that's still representative of what the game can do in a particular situation.

I'm a self-confessed BIS fanboy, but let's be honest, OFP2 is shaping up nicely. The latest E3 demo is much more convincing than the previous CGI trailers. There's still a long way to go before we can play it, but it could be a very good game and a serious competitor to Arma 2 if the gameplay is polished.

The latest Arma 2 ingame screenshot tells us that BIS pimped up the engine so that it's on par with the few in-engine screenshots of OFP2 we saw so far (at least as far as the environment is concerned). Let's see if they will be able to deliver such an impressive amount of detail in all the other aspects of the game.

actually noone said if that 'tank firing slowmo' is 100% engine render or another target render to 'show' the effects like they want them ...

so only inengine render was the short forrest fly through ...

actually noone said if that 'tank firing slowmo' is 100% engine render or another target render to 'show' the effects like they want them ...

so only inengine render was the short forrest fly through ...

True.

Schwiing, thanks for your efforts for the community smile_o.gif

ATTENTION ALL!

I am here at i34 UK - and operation flashpoint 2 is being showcased by COdemasters tomorrow (friday) at 8pm to 9:30pm Whilse i am there, i will try and type down as many details as i can on my laptop and take as many photos of screenshots as i can.

I am so excited!!

...any news?

...any news?

It's not 8PM BST yet, I doubt he'll cover the whole day for us.

In-engine and ingame is pretty much the same. Yes, you can make a cutscene and crank up some details or script the AI so that they look super smart an life-like, but that's still representative of what the game can do in a particular situation.

No it isnt. Gameplay <-----> Graphics, two entirely separate things.

No it isnt. Gameplay <-----> Graphics, two entirely separate things.

But we weren't talking about gameplay. Just ingame.

Anyone wanna join the OFP2 community chat in order to discuss the presentation tonight?

More infor here :

http://www.ofp2.info/index.php?cat=news&id=167&setlang=en

Edit: Link released http://www.quadv.com/index.p....w&id=48

See you in the IRC chat : http://www.ofp2.info/index.php?cat=irc

Important Update : It seems like the Presentation will not get streamed, jigglybean the Senior Community Manager from Codemaster just posted this on the official Forums.

Quote[/b] ]

Unfortunately, I dont think that the OFP2 presentation will be streamed live. We have been trying for the past two days to get some URLs from the i-series guys. I do believe that it is being recorded - so we should have that footage to follow shortly.

UPDATE 4 : The OFP2 Presentation is running as you are reading this. Click below to watch it !

http://www.quadv.com/index.p....w&id=71

Release spring 2009 was one of the thing they said, otherwise the footage was pretty much the same as in the E3 developer walkthrough. I also felt the answer about editing was kind of short, guess we know more later.

4 people will be able to coop the whole campaign, also there were MP modes which would be presented later on.

So....who has taped the presentation, get it up. smile_o.gif

Ok folks! here is a load of information i was able to gather from the Presentation and the questions asked afterwards

Operation flashpoint 2 - i34 Aug 2008

New information

- amphibious vehicles confirmed

- Tactically aware AI system

- MENU SEEN

- Full character personalisation

- over 400Gb of data! used for research - weapons, tactics etc

- Vehicles, weapons do become worn and dirty when used

- 220 sqKm without Sea

- 4 hours walk, 20 mins fast vehicle

- Full geological features, valleys, rivers etc

- Mockup of dense forest has been shown + farm - LIVE video!! very impressive

- Live video of destruction shown

- Persistence of Damage effects

- Dynamic night / day / weather cycle - video shown

- Full vehicle embarking animations

- Full weapon animations + reloads

- Guy was having an orgasm at level of detail

- player must learn how to use a weapon based on manuals

- 50 Vehicles - Land air, sea

- Live video of tank firing - Ingame models and dynamics

- First time public appearance?

- AI - Commander based - AI wathed you and moves their units like a commander

- Spring 2009

- Multiplayer - accessibility -

- Crossplatofrm - simplifying interfaces? enforced codemasters to use innovation in controllability

the PC versions have not been dumbed down and neither have the console platforms

- Multiplayer game types - definite - Co-op campaign up to 4 of your friends

Annihilation - deathmatch - war of attrition

- PLA classified information - apparent the PLA have been making themselves worthy of defeating the americans

- Armies have different balancing attributes such as soldier age, experience, training

- uses a dynamic loading system , where the island is shown with out excessive system load

yes yes yes, but what about a mission editor and os?

yes yes yes, but what about a mission editor and os?

Mission editor was confirmed too.

"Ofp2 will be modable as OFp1 was"