Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

... are you guys going to import some objects for the mission editor too?

I am asking because the combat grave, means the M16 with the helmet on top of it was parrt of the CWC too and it would be awesome to see it in ARMA too.

... are you guys going to import some objects for the mission editor too?

I am asking because the combat grave, means the M16 with the helmet on top of it was parrt of the CWC too and it would be awesome to see it in ARMA too.

That's already available in ArmA: Empty->Objects->Grave Cross Helmet. wink_o.gif

From reading and judging from the screenshots of both the cwr and the gastovski blogs, that cwr expansion sounds and looks like a colossal work. icon14.gif

How to ask this...

Is it free or we will purchase it?

And it looks great ! nice work guys

I'm very excited

Greetings to all of you working hard on those projects !!!

I'm so happy to see the CW Crisis & Resistance back again!

Take your time, mates, to reproduce the same feeling of the original campaigns in their time.

With all my congratulation and support. notworthy.gif

My god, i'm finding references to tears in every thread assoc' with the latest CWR news. And i have to admit to sheading one myself.

look forward to soaking in all that wine!

It's always worth remembering that this isn't just your regular run-of-the-mill bedroom coder's adventure into uncharted territory. This is about as professional as a community-produced modification can get. The assistance from BI, including the SVN, must be a godsend considering the amount of revisions the TC has been through. Although this is less like a TC, and more of an attempt to reproduce a game in a more advanced engine, with more detailed units, suitable for modern-day consumption.

The developer blog was an excellent insight into the work that has gone into the (eventual) release of CWR. Morton must fall once again!

The screenshots look great. Gives some hope that someday I will learn to like ArmA as much as I liked OFP.

whoa, how i miss OFP , i think i shouldn't have desinstalled it sad_o.gif these screenshots look very promising , i like the loading screen inlove.gif

Forgive me if this has been asked but does this include remakes of the missions as well as the campaign?

I loved Ambush.

It represented to me the heart and soul of OFP.

Forgive me if this has been asked but does this include remakes of the missions as well as the campaign?

I loved Ambush.

It represented to me the heart and soul of OFP.

Well, even if the mod doesn't convert the SP missions, how hard will it be to import our favourite missions ourselve? My guess would be that it wont be very hard at all. The islands will (theoretically) be exactly the same in terms of building placement with maybe a few tweaks here and there. The only thing that might be an issue is the classnames which wont be too difficult to change via a text edit of the *.SQM.

Most of the class names are remaining the same as they were in OFP. Converting user made missions from OFP is pretty easy, with only having to worry about addons and code strings. All of the official missions are still being converted.

All buildings/plants /roads should be in the exact same place as in OFP.

I forgot to include this pic in the blog.

http://1985.armedassault.com/wp-cont....mg]

how do you convert them and who does it? smile_o.gif

I guess im stepping on some peoples toes now but i have to ask:

I have seen that a certain cwr member uses models that are made for the cwr mod ( and come from bis in the workeable shape i guess ) and uses it for his own non cwr projects.

So what i want to know is, shouldnt the same rights apply to everyone then?

Can we maybe also get a few more sample models then just the US soldier model?

At least a model with rolled up sleeves and the no vest model would be more than welcome.

"foret de lapins" is not correct in french. that should be "foret des lapins" or maybe that "lapins" is a surname smile_o.gif

Well thanks for that, I will correct it ASAP, not being french I had to just rely on good old online translation sites.

I might have to correct a few place names. crazy_o.gif

Planck

np, i use also sometimes a translator for the english language wink_o.gif

btw:

some errors for :

"ile de solitude" should be "ile de la solitude".

"cote de requin" should be "cote des requins"

add "le" with the word "doigt" or use "la pointe du doigt"

wink_o.gif

I dont know... i dont really like seeing the new names on the map.

The main menu is neat but the Arma/CWR logo breaks the style.

I guess im stepping on some peoples toes now but i have to ask:

I have seen that a certain cwr member uses models that are made for the cwr mod ( and come from bis in the workeable shape i guess ) and uses it for his own non cwr projects.

So what i want to know is, shouldnt the same rights apply to everyone then?

Can we maybe also get a few more sample models then just the US soldier model?

At least a model with rolled up sleeves and the no vest model would be more than welcome.

No, the project your talking about is using a CWR model I reworked from the same BIS soldier model that came with the BIS model pack. The same one that was released to the public. It is not a BIS model that will be shared unless "they" ask for it to be. sad_o.gif It's not that hard to edit the example model to add a collar, and remove the look of the armor. I did it, surely someone else will.