Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

How about the sniper, that one must be a challenge..

It's not going to have a ghillie suit for the demo if that's what your reaching for, and the boonie is custom.

Since you are the man behind the CWR soldier units can we have a version of Angelina wearing langerie? nener.gif .

Ok, nvm... they are all looking very nice smile_o.gif .

Black Op (Day?)

Couldn't you give them Woodland Boonies?

Would look much better I think, cause I guess you wouldn't wear such a hat on day.

They are blackops/ special ops and I guess they'd go for stealth and camo, a Black Hat isn't the best camo wink_o.gif

No that's an option for blackop night. Blackop day has a boonie. Not every unit has a screenshot.

ah ok smile_o.gif

thanks for pointing that out!

Will CWR also be convertet to ArmA 2 or is it just a ArmA 1 Project... confused_o.gif

B.t.w.: Very impressive pic's. smile_o.gif

Can't wait to return to my homeland malden wink_o.gif

Will CWR also be convertet to ArmA 2 or is it just a ArmA 1 Project... confused_o.gif

B.t.w.: Very impressive pic's. smile_o.gif

Can't wait to return to my homeland malden wink_o.gif

For now we're focusing on ArmA, but if it is going to be easy to convert... why not?

sweet raedor sweet! but focus first on arma 1 release smile_o.gif

Arma 2 wont be out until from a year or more.

Well, if you are going to spend a decent amount of time working on a model and textures for Angelina, do it right.

I believe these two types for her would be just right.

Duty Dress uniform (Adminstration uniform)

Battle Dress Uniform (for those assignments near/on the front lines).

Guba in my opinion though needs three uniform types because:

-  He's the main villian

-  Generals act more visible

Full Dress Uniform (Military parade attire)

Duty Dress Uniform (Usual duties)

Battle Dress Uniform (When he's near the front lines)

but you've ignored their actual role in the CWC campaign - for two characters who appear only in a handful of cutscenes and in one mission, why waste an excessive amount of time making several versions?

I agree it would be nice in the long run, but for the sake of converting CWC to ArmA it would seem prudent to dedicate time and effort to things that actually get used and seen more frequently.

smile_o.gif

yeah messiahs got a point smile_o.gif just for a demo just have guba in 1 version, then for the full mod version have him in 2 versions or something.

yeah messiahs got a point smile_o.gif just for a demo just have guba in 1 version, then for the full mod version have him in 2 versions or something.

There was only 1 version of him in OFP, what do you need another for? The campaign's only going to use 1. Same with Angelina. There only needs to be 1 version, there is no use for more.

Guba could be a slightly edited SLA officer but a version without the hat would look good on the interior cutscenes where he sits by the desk, for the rest we can always setface his crazy old mug on other models just like BIS did in resistance.

Angelina only appeared in cutscenes so they can use her face on Marian Quandt model and zoom in a bit more.

Might not be the best way but i expect workarounds for these trivial things since CWR have so much in their hands already.

You know, I've had ArmA for about a week (have played OFP for about 5 years) and I'm really thinking that this CWR thing is all the wrong way about - we should be porting the ArmA Island/s and Campaign across to OFP!!

That way I for one could actually enjoy the experience... :-(

You know, I've had ArmA for about a week (have played OFP for about 5 years) and I'm really thinking that this CWR thing is all the wrong way about - we should be porting the ArmA Island/s and Campaign across to OFP!!

That way I for one could actually enjoy the experience... :-(

Sahrani running in the OPF engine would set your house on fire.

But yeah, lets all go back to crappy fps in MP dedicated servers, max rendered object count of 256 objects, the static ocean of death, static trees and shadows, low visibility, poor performance in intense missions, poor animation, no JIP, no multiple turret mounts, no new vehicle classes, less scripting comands, max 12 unit group size, 2D sights, crappy sound engine, cardboard destruction effects, bad clipping/colision detection errors... etc!

Im sorry for the off topic but im tired of these remarks..

Fair enough, and I do apologise for sounding off - in reality I have to admit there's more good about ArmA than the bad - but you have to understand that probably the two WOW!! things for me in OFP are the Helicopter flight modelling and the fantastic way mouse control of ground vehicles is implemented - and in ArmA both are different and not for the better IMO - and SP AI seems shockingly bad in ArmA compared to OFP.

Also - I'm not a some noob BF2 kid cracking a hissy fit - I've had OFP on my system for several years and have been a regular player for all that time.

g'day CWR team,

Out of curiosity, what kind of file size are you expecting the distribution to be? I imagine it could be several gb!

Indeed, it would be nice if some form of arrangement could be made with publications such as PC Zone/PC Gamer etc as to the distribution of the finished CWR Mod on their cover discs. As its a mod endorsed by BIS they would more than gladly help out, what with PC Gamer inparticular being big fans of the original OFP and ArmA (the UK version of the magazine anyway). It would certainly help those with limited bandwidth and/or dial up connections.

Yeah Pcgamer in Sweden gave Ofp a very good grade and they did a two man testing of it too cause of its sheer size biggrin_o.gif

Anyways would be cool with CWR being distrubuted on pcgamer discs and it would be some kick ass PR for Bohemia interactive imo yay.gif

Yep good ideas, I'll check what's possible. But I guess we should better do that with the final version, not with the demo. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll check what's possible

I have a rather direct connection to Gamestar...just in case.

Cool, thanks, good to know! smile_o.gif

Sincere condolences.

i saw some screens of soldiers, so you - CWR, have all SLA models in MLOD ?

because these 1985 USSR soldiers look like "copy and paste" made from elements of SLA

BIS released MLOD model of US in boonie, but you have soldier in helmet, without shovel and with pouches like SLA specnaz or sniper have ?

for me such model is made by "copy and paste" method

if other "MODs" would have such possibilities "competition" would more more honest, or maybe BIS released in some hidden place SLA MLODs ?

i saw some screens of soldiers, so you - CWR, have all SLA models in MLOD ?

because these 1985 USSR soldiers look like "copy and paste" made from elements of SLA

BIS released MLOD model of US in boonie, but you have soldier in helmet, without shovel and with pouches like SLA specnaz or sniper have ?

for me such model is made by "copy and paste" method

if other "MODs" would have such possibilities "competition" would more more honest, or maybe BIS released in some hidden place SLA MLODs ?

Holy conspiracy theories Batman!!!

*sigh*

Maybe the CWR Team have access to Synide's MLODs that he converted himself tounge2.gif

vilas, if you wouldn't have been hanging out the poor guy and moan, grief and repeat your untamingly negative opinions, you would've known that Synide released MLOD's?