Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

Damn....., Guys i love u!

Believe me,i can't wait for this Great Modification!!!!

This Pics that u have realise are like a Dream!

Quick Question: is that true that u will give us a little surprise for Xmas?  wink_o.gif

xmas_o.gif

Rumors.

But then again, who knows what all happens in the following 19 days. wink_o.gif

Rumors.

But then again, who knows what all happens in the following 19 days. wink_o.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

have you or will you change the square parachutes from ArmA to Round ones like there was in OFP?

i must say i prefer the round ones as thats the ones mostly used irl (exept for special occasions where square ones are better)

As I did not play OFP that much, is CWC just adding OFP content?

Either way, it looks snazzy.

have you or will you change the square parachutes from ArmA to Round ones like there was in OFP?

i must say i prefer the round ones as thats the ones mostly used irl (exept for special occasions where square ones are better)

We'll do that probably, yes. But not in the demo.

OFP? whistle.gif Whats that tounge2.gif

(sssh! Dont upset the copyright holders) icon_rolleyes.gif

So far it seems the copyright holders had no problem with slogans like "From the makers of Operation Flashpoint" tounge2.gif

So far it seems the copyright holders had no problem with slogans liek "From the makers of Operation Flashpoin" tounge2.gif

Sure. But we cannot promote CWR with the OFP(:R) logos or with something like that... wink_o.gif

good, i like that biggrin_o.gif

You can already get them here.

Parachutes_S.jpg

Larger.

You can already get them here.

http://www.mapfact.net/Material/News/2007/Feb/Parachutes_S.jpg

Larger.

and those will replace the standard chutes? or just add new ones?

(im a bit lacy so i prefer to keep things as simple as possible, in this case, replacing the original ones) wink_o.gif

Just some questions after looking at all the screenshots... smile_o.gif

Is the grass from this pic still being used? The new screens just show 'South Sahrani' grass.

The M60 machine gun looks like an OFP import. Skaven made a great looking one for his RACS units. Maybe you can ask him for that, or are you making a new one?

BMP1, M60, Bradley - are they just OFP imports or are new ones being made? Hard to tell from the screens. And I haven't seen the M60 in them.

Is the demo release going to strictly contain only OFP demo stuff? Or are you going to add more Malden missions? I see the Bradley in there wasn't in OFP 1.00.

Edit: Oh, and is the Carl Gustov launcher still going to act like a guided missile launcher? I don't think the real one is. Just wondering if you fixed that realism issue.

Well, IIRC, it was said that the demo release will have OFP units imported.

Just some questions after looking at all the screenshots... smile_o.gif

Is the grass from this pic still being used? The new screens just show 'South Sahrani' grass.

The M60 machine gun looks like an OFP import. Skaven made a great looking one for his RACS units. Maybe you can ask him for that, or are you making a new one?

BMP1, M60, Bradley - are they just OFP imports or are new ones being made? Hard to tell from the screens. And I haven't seen the M60 in them.

Is the demo release going to strictly contain only OFP demo stuff? Or are you going to add more Malden missions? I see the Bradley in there wasn't in OFP 1.00.

Edit: Oh, and is the Carl Gustov launcher still going to act like a guided missile launcher? I don't think the real one is. Just wondering if you fixed that realism issue.

If you can get in contact with skaven i send you a free sixpack.

Also from what i know CWR can only use models that they get unbinarize, i could be wrong though.

You are right. Due to our packing pipeline, wich, if encounters an ODOL model, will commit mass-suicide.

Quick question smile_o.gif

Are you going to modify something regarding the AI/gameplay?

I'm curious if you are creating custom classes for the units (like a normal addon / mod) or is this mod going to replace the default Amra units (to the extent there is an equivelent in Arma).

I assumed that it would be a replacement of sorts, but now that I am seeing how well mods can work together (as compared to OFP) due to Solus' extended init eventhandler, I'm just hoping this is like a stand alone addon pack / mod - or at least compatible w/ other mods. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

To achieve maximum compatibility with already created OFP missions the classnames used are exactly the same as in OFP. That means when using the CWR Mod the default ArmA units will be replaced by CWR ones.

I assumed that it would be a replacement of sorts, but now that I am seeing how well mods can work together (as compared to OFP) due to Solus' extended init eventhandler, I'm just hoping this is like a stand alone addon pack / mod - or at least compatible w/ other mods. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

Last time i checked 6th Sense tracers & wound fx aswell as Maddmatts FX worked like a charm together with CWR.

Last time i checked 6th Sense tracers & wound fx aswell as Maddmatts FX worked like a charm together with CWR.

Good news smile_o.gif

The differents screenshots looks awesome !!!

good job and thank you for all !!!

I really hope that this mod will bring back life into Armed Assault.

Screens are looking very good, even when they are edited.

Thanks for the hard work cwr-team!

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif