Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

Yup an maybe..maybe I finally get to experience OFP online, was new to online gamingback then an did'nt get to play OFP online, besides I don't think AOL wou'dve held up back then. tounge2.gif We'll be intersting to see what the community does with this as far as addons an mods, though it's not my fav.. maybe we'll see a Evolution version on Maden or Everon somehow.

How will you go about recreating the Campaign missions to be like – or close to – the originals? Do you have all the Mission Editor details available to you and whatnot? I really would love to be able to play some of those classic missions like Pathfinder, Turning The Tide, Return To Eden, etc. in the ArmA environment... but with the 'feel' of the original missions. Do you really think it'll all be possible?

Also, what about the scripted voices used in the missions – you'll just use the good old ones?

@All: Don't expect too much... wow_o.gif Keep cool. smile_o.gif

@SpetsnazWarriorX: Yes, we have all the required details. Due to gameplay and AI differences between ArmA and OFP not everything may work as before, but we're doing our very best. We have to use the voices from OFP:Elite.

hi, i noticed from the wiki screenshots that the player models have indeed been edited. i see a man wearing a black wool cap and the soviet troops using the north sahrani models have had their pants changed a bit along with their vest. can we please have grass on the sniper's helmet like in the original? same with the us sniper. xmas_o.gif

To sum it up:

Don't talk about other teams, this is only CWR.

Don't ask about progess. No information will be answered.

Don't make comments that isn't constuctive.

Don't ask to join, no more members accepted.

Don't ask about release dates, you won't get one.

Don't discuss the CWR team in a "negative way".

Don't not discuss the tools. Posts gets deleted.

Don't comment on why this thread is a sticky. Just accept it.

Oh, God, if it really exists, at least could show some screenshoots... whistle.gif

To sum it up:

Don't talk about other teams, this is only CWR.

Don't ask about progess. No information will be answered.

Don't make comments that isn't constuctive.

Don't ask to join, no more members accepted.

Don't ask about release dates, you won't get one.

Don't discuss the CWR team in a "negative way".

Don't not discuss the tools. Posts gets deleted.

Don't comment on why this thread is a sticky. Just accept it.

Oh, God, if it really exists, at least could show some screenshoots... whistle.gif

We did already... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Due to gameplay and AI differences between ArmA and OFP not everything may work as before
Very interesting. Could you explain how the ArmA AI is different from OPF?

Quote[/b] ]Due to gameplay and AI differences between ArmA and OFP not everything may work as before

Very interesting. Could you explain how the ArmA AI is different from OPF?

If we start discussing this now and here we open a can of worms we wouldn't be able to close anytime soon. wink_o.gif

It's not only the ArmA AI causing problems. If you tried to play the CWC campaign with OFP 1.96 you could already run into problems with AI compatibility. In Mission 6 (Rescue) for example you may notice that Black Bear Team never attacks that T-72.

Yes, in mission "Rescue" Black Bear, really, doesn't attack the T72 when you use FFUR mod, but it did in the default OFP (1.96) for me, so when I played the campaign in FFUR, I had to switch back to OFP, waited for the T72 to be taken out, saved the game, and got back to FFUR smile_o.gif

The problem is really as far as I can tell, that beside AI behaviour, sight range was extended up to 5000 meter (compared to the original 700m of 1.0) with Resistance, and units starts to engage each other much sooner than in the first versions, especially vehicles. I've noted this in most tank missions. For example in the second tank mission's start, you have to divert and destroy 2 BMPs and accompanying infantry attacking on a beach. In original first the message came, and after 1 or 2 minutes, you attacked the BMPs. In newer versions, you set visibility around 1500-2000m, and you didn't even get the message, you've seen the BMPs from much more further, the Abrams' take'em out in no-time, then you get the message about the attacking enemy force on the beach biggrin_o.gif. So I think with the extended visibility the three islands just gotten much smaller.

I think the three original islands should be at least two or three times bigger, and have them as separate islands, but I guess it's already too late to make such suggestions whistle.gif

But just imagine Montignac at least as big as Corazol... smile_o.gif

Anyway, I'm convinced that this addon will be great, together BIS and the Community cannot fail wink_o.gif , looking forward for this presumably phenomenal addon.

Keep up the good work!

Greets!

Sorry, but just a little question. Is the Soviet Soldier model remade totally as a new one or just modified from current ARMA models?

I think all models in CWR ( soldier wise ) are "only" edits of the US Soldier model sample that was released by BIS.

If you check the screens that show the soviet units youll see they wear the KZS oversuit with the boots mostly covered by it and also the vest was removed by Ebud which was quite some work.

Other than that they are edited standard models.

Does anybody here are really still waiting for this mod ? I mean now, when so much excellent game projects already released or to be released in the next few days? Who can be really intresting in that now ? I think time for this mod has gone and CWR team loose it for at least half of year! Who can be intresting in ARMA and mods for it now ? When even its developers now much more speaking about ARMA 2 unlike this unfinished and undone project which say trully never has been a really playable game, but mostly engine capabilities demo ? The same fate follows and mods for it. IMHO course...

Does anybody here are really still waiting for this mod ? I mean now, when so much excellent game projects already released or to be released in the next few days? Who can be really intresting in that now ? I think time for this mod has gone and CWR team loose it for at least half of year! Who can be intresting in ARMA and mods for it now ? When even its developers now much more speaking about ARMA 2 unlike this unfinished and undone project which say trully never has been a really playable game, but mostly engine capabilities demo ? The same fate follows and mods for it. IMHO course...

Lol, dude it's OFP in ArmA the question should be is who is not waiting for this. Been waiting since 1st announced, waited 2 yrs for ArmA to come out think I can wait for this

Lol, dude it's OFP in ArmA the question should be is who is not waiting for this. Been waiting since 1st announced, waited 2 yrs for ArmA to come out think I can wait for this

Say like it's in a church biggrin_o.gif You have Crysis and this mod both in one day. What will you play first and for most ? biggrin_o.gif

I've been waiting for ARMA to come out for 2 years long too, but now I've Crysis demo and I can't even imagine what now can make me run ARMA again biggrin_o.gif

Say like it's in a church biggrin_o.gif You have Crysis and this mod both in one day. What will you play first and for most ? biggrin_o.gif

I've been waiting for ARMA to come out for 2 years long too, but now I've Crysis demo and I can't even imagine what now can make me run ARMA again biggrin_o.gif

Im thinking the same, since i have played crysis the SP demo, is arma for me much more useless. and i think the community will be bigger in crysis than in arma, cause arma is still poor for this games in this generation. arma2 will be not better than the first one. and maybe my mod will turn to crysis, cause we got there much more feautures wich we can use, example for mech animations, or one maned tanks etc etc and much more wich arma wil never give us. and the engine works much better on slowly pc's than the arma engine. arma lags everytime.

better to do CWR in crysis xD

So you are unable to play more than one game? tounge2.gif

Besides, Crysis is overrated icon_rolleyes.gif

Im thinking the same, since i have played crysis the SP demo, is arma for me much more useless. and i think the community will be bigger in crysis than in arma, cause arma is still poor for this games in this generation. arma2 will be not better than the first one.

And you know the quality of ArmA2 how?

If you're going to move to Crysis, then do it.

So you are unable to play more than one game? tounge2.gif

Besides, Crysis is overrated icon_rolleyes.gif

No, if i really want to have joy by the game.

I'm sure overrating problem could be easily fixed with config editing and etc

And main idea of what I was sayng wasn't to claim that Crysis is much much better then ARMA, it's obvious biggrin_o.gif

Main idea was to say that the longer CWR is waiting with release the less it actual become, so it can turned finally like this : Oh it's finally done ? Good ! But too bad it's not worth of playng it theese days now biggrin_o.gif

I'm sure overrating problem could be easily fixed with config editing and etc

huh.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe stop worrying about it until you see the release?

whistle.gif

Im thinking the same, since i have played crysis the SP demo, is arma for me much more useless. and i think the community will be bigger in crysis than in arma, cause arma is still poor for this games in this generation. arma2 will be not better than the first one. and maybe my mod will turn to crysis, cause we got there much more feautures wich we can use, example for mech animations, or one maned tanks etc etc and much more wich arma wil never give us. and the engine works much better on slowly pc's than the arma engine. arma lags everytime.

better to do CWR in crysis xD

Your ArmA ranting and Crysis praising has nothing to do with CWR. This thread is for discussing the CWR mod - and only the CWR modification.

For your Crysis Demo praising there is a thread in the Offtopic forum.

Just hope it won't follow some examples in OFP. We talked in forum for many years for a Mod eagerly and hopefully and finally the Mod members declared for some reason it was dead. OH... banghead.gif

So I appreciate what the way Liberation 41 Mod has been done. They said little but did much. Everytime they could give us a surprise with their each release...

Quote[/b] ]and i think the community will be bigger in crysis than in arma, cause arma is still poor for this games in this generation

Crysis demo to me was a  pretty graphic, linear, arcade style FPS.

CWR is best suited for a game like ArmA. I cant imagine switching to Crysis.

EDIT: Be nice to see some more CWR info/screens though.

Just hope it won't follow some examples in OFP. We talked in forum for many years for a Mod eagerly and hopefully and finally the Mod members declared for some reason it was dead. OH... banghead.gif

So I appreciate what the way Liberation 41 Mod has been done. They said little but did much. Everytime they could give us a surprise with their each release...

LOL that says you who was crying for screenshots on the last page... rofl.gif

@CT: Don't worry, you'll see some stuff "soon". smile_o.gif

I like the way you say 'soon'

A day full of ambush would be the perfect medicine to cope with my hangover ..