Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

I'm not very impressed with the radio comms I've heard confused_o.gif

Like... "EngageTHAT..Man"

I much prefered OFP's radio comms, it sounded more realistic and not so artificial.

BIS added in more umm in between words so they have better grammer lol.

I don't see how it's suddenly not realistic because they made them speak english a bit better.

Or is it because they sound like young teens? That's cause most of them are man, you'll find a ton of guys in Iraq aged like 18-25.

I'm not very impressed with the radio comms I've heard confused_o.gif

Like... "EngageTHAT..Man"

I much prefered OFP's radio comms, it sounded more realistic and not so artificial.

BIS added in more umm in between words so they have better grammer lol.

I don't see how it's suddenly not realistic because they made them speak english a bit better.

Or is it because they sound like young teens? That's cause most of them are man, you'll find a ton of guys in Iraq aged like 18-25.

I think its because it sounds like 3 singers each doing there solo: <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>All:</span></span> <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>engage that...</span></span><span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>MAN!</span></span>

I just realised that Arma is not perfect.. and some patching will improve some things... but considering all that good stuff, hmmhmhm inlove.gif .

Thanks for the vids guys, they really help us Armaless people thru the long waiting period. Arma looks 3 times better than Far Cry (and is problably 100 times bigger and more detailed) smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I think its because it sounds like 3 singers each doing there solo: All: engage that... MAN!

Well the reason it sounds awfulish is because it is not fluid. It's not, "everyone engage that man at 10 oclock!" its, "all. engage, that... man!" and each sound file is so different from the rest in pitch that it sounds really unnatural. Sadly the only answer to this is to record every sentence in the game possible (which would be a lot..), or continuous trial and error, and BIS was already running out of time. I also doubt this'll be adressed in a patch, but who knows..

Doesnt bother me all that much.

Looking at the positive side, we can actually hear the voice sounds coming from the models now, im only wondering if they are lip synced too..

The old radio sounds were a little annoying and if i get tired of the new ones i can always disable them, life with choices is always good smile_o.gif .

I will miss the detailed APC/MBT vehicle interiors though..

Same,I just hope its modifiable back in for community addons.

They could always record one person saying every word in the game at the asme tone and have only one voice to change pitch back and forth to but that would somewhat kill a bit of the immersion.

Well no wonder some of the videos wouldn't play for me, I downloaded one from another site and there file is corrupt also far smaller in size then it should be.

armaruine1.avi from http://armed-assault.net/ is corrupt.

Also that armaruine1.avi video of 261MB is really silly posting videos in RAW Fraps format, they could have easily used good quality Xvid or WMV for a far smaller size. 261MB for only 28 seconds is a waste of bandwidth.

Well, the radio comms luckily were customisable in OFP (FFUR did it, BAS did it, FDF did it, OFrP did it...) so I just hope someone'll step in and modify these to sound more natural than Microsoft Sam after a heavy night out.

Heatseaker's analogy was spot on. At the moment, it just sounds like 3 recordings strung together, and I know that that's because that's just what it is, but I would've thought BIS would do a better job of making it sound more realistic. If they made the effort of animating the grass, they'll understand where I'm coming from on this, IMO, pretty big issue.

Well it's a big issue for me, considering this is a tactical, squad based, military sim where comms are vital

Well it's a big issue for me, considering this is a tactical, squad based, military sim where comms are vital

Sure they are vital but not the quality of them as long as you get the message. It's would had been more vital to get a good qualtiy if you had pointed out that ArmA is a game.

I wish they were better but I can live with them.

dont know if anyone noticed.. but the HK MP5's that have been shown so far.. are off scale. they are like 15% too small.

and yes i have held a real MP5A4 and MP5SD5 in my hands.. they are not that small.

Sure they are vital but not the quality of them as long as you get the message. It's would had been more vital to get a good qualtiy if you had pointed out that ArmA is a game.

I wish they were better but I can live with them.

Well obviously I can live with them too. I'm not gonna change my mind after years of waiting for this game, over the quality of the radio comms. Still, you have to admit it's rather odd and annoying that ArmA's radio comms sound worse than they did in OFP, its five year old predecessor

here are the requested interior vids.

BMP2 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/65abf7/

M113 - http://www.filefactory.com/file/41aedb/

EDIT: I cut down the quality a bit for these info vids due to the size.

Thanks a LOT shadak for those ones!! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

BMP interior look a bit weird compared to the OF one... I know this is BMP2 and have less space at the back than BMP(1)...

(ex: the optics for each soldiers are placed in a way that they "can`t see thru them"... maybe this is like that for save some resources and don`t display the exterior... but well just little detail, at least the interior is there...)

M113 in nice! smile_o.gif

thanks again shadak for these and all your great vids!

So, some my videos xmas_o.gif

One from multiplayer, rest for Kirq :P

Have fun!

yay.gif thanks Forrestal for the BMP one !! Very nice... and glad that the heli go down !! pistols.gifpistols.gif

tounge2.gif

ps: how about some T72 in action? (using NSV machine gun for AA defense...) whistle.gifthumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is it just me, or do bullets not fall balistic OFP or ArmA? It just seems wrong being able to hit things at 200m without adjusting.

I guess it is just you from the videos it seems that the balisitcs are pretty good (to me at least) a bit better than ofp however still not as good as the balistic represntation in WGL 5.1

and i could be wrong but i think that most assult rifles in the real world can hit targets up to 300m away without major adjusting, and the can hit targets up to 500m away with adjustment

true,

the .357 Magnum bullet and other magnum family rounds used in most sniper rifles are rising by 800 meters and hits targets directly at 1400 meters with only minimal adjustments because of the wind.

arctic warfare magnum is one of the famous weapons used by military. also this weapon listens to the shortcut AWM/AWP also known in the game Counter Strike.

the badboy under the magnums is my favorite:

M82 Light Fifty ( .50 calibre bullits )

maximum range 6800 meters / 7450 yards

effektiv range of 1800 - 2400 meters / up to 2000 yards

can stop a 5 tons truck by a one shot hit in the

engine.

Is used to destroy mines and stop light armored vehicels from a save distance.

Here an Official Information video by Army:

Its the best video u can get about this sniper rifle.

they shoot several armor and u see only holes.

watch it, the soldier is informing about the m82a1 and then

they show it in action.

also one of my favorite babys: wink_o.gif

Cheytac M400 .408 Calibre - its gettin bigger and bigger ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DTLsgCH0ys

here an information video series about snipers:

Snipers - One shot - One kill!

part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq4eRQizGe0

part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z0VpWEg0T4

part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz7V4KqNGB4

part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsh_uapZC-8

part 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lkJABLvR6Q

Very interesting, the hole series is about 30 minutes.

Here in this short video u can see the best sniper rifles,

including AWM, M82A1, CH408 and more:

Quote[/b] ]Is it just me, or do bullets not fall balistic OFP or ArmA? It just seems wrong being able to hit things at 200m without adjusting.

I guess it is just you from the videos it seems that the balisitcs are pretty good (to me at least) a bit better than ofp however still not as good as the balistic represntation in WGL 5.1

and i could be wrong but i think that most assult rifles in the real world can hit targets up to 300m away without major adjusting, and the can hit targets up to 500m away with adjustment

true,

the .357 Magnum bullet used in most sniper rifles is still rising by 800 meters and hits targets directly at 1400 meters with only minimal adjustments because of the wind.

arctic warfare magnum is one of the famous weapons used by military. also this weapon listens to the shortcut AWM/AWP also known in the game Counter Strike.

the badboy under the magnums is my favorite:

M82 Light Fifty ( .357 and .50 calibre bullits )

maximum range 6800 meters / 7450 yards

effektiv range of 1800 - 2400 meters / up to 2000 yards

can stop a 5 tons truck by a one shot hit in the

engine.

Is used to destroy mines and stop light armored vehicels from a save distance.

Here an Official Information video by Army:

Its the best video u can get about this sniper rifle.

they shoot several armor and u see only holes.

watch it, the soldier is informing about the m82a1 and then

they show it in action.

also one of my favorite babys: wink_o.gif

Cheytac M400 .408 Calibre - its gettin bigger and bigger ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DTLsgCH0ys

Uhm.... To clarify

I think you're confusing the *names* of pistol loads with the names of rifle loads.

In my experience, the most common rifle load, and the most common load used by marksmen, is the 7.62 x 51mm (.308) NATO load. I think by .357 magnum, you're referring to the .338 lapua magnum (8.6 x 70 mm) load, rather than the 9 x 33mmR pistol cartridge. The lapua magnum is a newer development among military sharpshooters. It is touted having superior terminal ballistic characteristics to the .50bmg, but has inferior terminal performance... And to clarify, the anti material rifle cartridge .50 bmg (or 12.7 x 99mm) is not the same load as the .50AE the Desert Eagle fires, for example (12.7 x 40mm).

In that video they depict the terminal performance of the raufoss round, which is quite a special round.

you are right, nice to meet an weapon fan smile_o.gif

but i was specialy talking about the most used sniper rifle bullets.

i did not talk about pistol and assault rifle rounds.

just wanted to bring the .308, .357 and .408 near to our community, i enjoy if there is somebody like you adding more interesting information.

go on... wink_o.gif

also i need to say, that i am not perfect and also interested on new information.

i know the .338 lapua magnum but did not know, that this is the new standard of military sharpshooters.

because the .408 is new developerment and military based too.

I guess my point was that I am not aware of a rifle load that is referred to as .357. I know .357 magnum pistol, and .357 sig, which is also a pistol round.

I guess my point was that I am not aware of a rifle load that is referred to as .357. I know .357 magnum pistol, and .357 sig, which is also a pistol round.

i wanted to say that the .357 magnum bullit is rising on 800 meters. and thats awsome for a pistol bullet.

also the sniper rifles are part of the .357 magnum family, like you sayed the .338 lapua magnum.

also i added the rifle bullet .308 or the newer .408 calibre.

so please dont missunderstand me. smile_o.gif

if i typed something wrong or did a misstake on explaining something about rifle rounds, your welcome to correct me.

Doesnt bother me all that much.

Looking at the positive side, we can actually hear the voice sounds coming from the models now, im only wondering if they are lip synced too..

The old radio sounds were a little annoying and if i get tired of the new ones i can always disable them, life with choices is always good smile_o.gif .

I will miss the detailed APC/MBT vehicle interiors though..

Made a quick lipsync then smile_o.gif

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=a40e2b358ed23b9e16dc3c1c325e6e4a

Forestal, thx for finding a time to make a vids i asked you !

thumbs-up.gif

- smoke grenades are ok ! that vids clearly shows that they'll do their job on battlefield.

- on sniper vid we can see both : bullet drop and bullet travel time (bullets hits a target after about 1.5 sec) . Im not so sure that bullet drop compensation should be so small while shoting targets 500 m away but im happy that those two features are in the game as promised. smile_o.gif

According to bad AI reaction accusation i cant imagine other reaction than going prone when suddenly geting under enemy fire ( from unknown location) in big open area.

From the vids I've seen - the AI love their grenades. Ignoring any other AI improvements, their grenade-happy behaviour sure ups the lethality stakes at close range.

Quote[/b] ] at close range

Not only on close range, they even throw far smile_o.gif

What I liked is that AI sometimes throws nades on places you have been spotted before. I was fighting with some guys went prone and crawled away as they put heavy fire on me, some time after a nade was lobbed at my last know location not far away, while the AI guys had all went into cover behind some barrels and tents.