Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]New Videos from Morphicon [German Publisher]

Looks great. They just have to create an animation for the Arty turret. Other than, superb stuff yay.gif

I really think the idea is nice. All sounds and also communication sounds are impressive..

BUT

after an airstrike like that the smoke should be present like 5 to 10 mins or so.

The duration of smoke is not very realistic.

Strange to see the smoke disapear in 5 secounds :s

BIS aware of it!

Keep up the SUPER GREAT JOB biggrin_o.gifyay.gifinlove.gif

Yeah I agree with you on that Bravo6, I think the smoke and dust should last a bit longer but not to long.

The radio chatter is sounding great notworthy.gif

I liked the videos a lot. Relly nice to see the artillery into action.

And since those are from an earlier version I guess the small things mentioned earlier are (hopefully) fixed.

But about the smoke and dust to last longer for like 10 minutes......I dont know.

If all smoke and dust last for 10 minutes you might have a very dusty and smoking surroundings I think, and probably will lag like hell. huh.gif

But at least a bit longer should be much nicer indeed smile_o.gif

But about the smoke and dust to last longer for like 10 minutes......I dont know.

If all smoke and dust last for 10 minutes you might have a very dusty and smoking surroundings I think, and probably will lag like hell. huh.gif

Yes i see your point.

but if BIS want ARMA as realistic as they said they better put more time for smoke (5-10 mins).

if BIS put only few secounds it will not cause impact enough, and airstrike will considered as an another common thing added to the game. Will be an ordinary simple thing.

BIS is moving to the right path.

Would be nice as shock and obscuring action. Even if it was 30 sec. long.

big big "badaboooom" hehe wink_o.gif

i am totaly impressed.

great video over here.

i hope BIS made this fantastic job greater and added the recoil animation also like a wasted ground texture were the arty impacts.

also more very more dust and long time until dust disappears. about 10 mins is great.

and this com sounds. boah this com sounds. i get horny of that game give me this great game now!!!

i feel like back in army if i hear this com sounds.

hrhr lets play god with the finger on that trigger button for arty strike :P

at 0.36secs of the arma montage vid, can we see an inlet of water or a lake in the bottom left hand corner?

bootneckofficer

Nice vids and atmosphere!

I wonder if the explosions are randomly camcreated or are the shells following a real trajectory?

I guess there's camcreated because I can't hear no whizz sounds when they're falling down. (or is that something from the movies?)

Fantastic!  Need bigger booms and dust, but the effect is marvelous nonetheless.  The chatter would be great if the pilot called out 'lined up, inbound'  and the official version of 'bombs away'  biggrin_o.gif   Just to give some real feedback over the chatter.  notworthy.gif    inlove.gif

Too bad that you dont say "lined up" OR "bombs away" when bombing IRL  wink_o.gif

But I really like those airstrikes, the explosions needs some modding but wow...

In CAS you don't communicate to the troops on the ground that made the strike request? huh.gif

No feedback what so ever?

New Videos from Morphicon [German Publisher]

Nice! I hope BIS will include more dust and rubble and slightly slower building collapse animations though! I do like the chatter!  smile_o.gif

In CAS you don't communicate to the troops on the ground that made the strike request?  huh.gif

Communicate yes, with the unit requesting the airstrike, but you use the temrs "lined up" or "bombs away" but rather a confirmation of the target, and then the brevity code for the wep you're releasing. But that's military nitpicking wink_o.gif

The buildings collaps totally and i think thats wrong.

Its almost imposible to level a building with the first bomb hit , you can do great damage but usually not as severe.

Also I see no fire when the buildings are leveled and thats a minus i guess. Overall nice videos and nice urban enviroment.

It's almost impossible to make a game 100% realistic, or do you want to wait another 5years for a new game of the flashpoint series??

Is there any screenshot and/or video in this forum without someone finding something EXTREMLY UNREALISTIC in it?

What are you ppl going to do when you get the game?

Play and enjoy it or search for little bugs that ruin your gameplay forever?

MfG Lee banghead.gif

In CAS you don't communicate to the troops on the ground that made the strike request?  huh.gif

Communicate yes, with the unit requesting the airstrike, but you use the temrs "lined up" or "bombs away"  but rather a confirmation of the target, and then the brevity code for the wep you're releasing. But that's military nitpicking wink_o.gif

I totally agree the verbage is wrong. But do you agree with the idea (modded or otherwise) that some form of real feedback on top of the random chatter would be a very nice feature? smile_o.gif

Its not a CAS sim. I'm just glad that we have arty and air on call. 99% of you don't know how to call in CAS anyways, nor do you need to know.

The buildings collaps totally and i think thats wrong.

Its almost imposible to level a building with the first bomb hit , you can do great damage but usually not as severe.

Also I see no fire when the buildings are leveled and thats a minus i guess. Overall nice videos and nice urban enviroment.

True, but collaspsing buildings is a very nice feature that OFP didn't have and now ARTI and AIRSTRIKES really have an effect.

And the movies are really impressive in my eyes.

Lee_H._Oswald says what I am thinking.

regards benus

Quote[/b] ]99% of you don't know how to call in CAS anyways, nor do you need to know.

lol

b . o . t

You dont need to panic anyway,just download shoot and make a

custom profile , then you can call in arty and cas with your own voice smile_o.gif. i did it in ofp and it works like a dream, the sounds from arma mixed with that ,plus 3d goggles is gonna make for some real immersion smile_o.gif.

you need to know a little about scripting but i am sure someone will make one for ya.

I know everybody was upset about the building destruction (as was I), but to be honest after watching those airstrike videos, it really doesn't look too bad to see all those buildings go down like dominos in a cloud of smoke!

I think we just have to keep reminding ourselves that ArmA is a really huge game, so although individual detail is going to have to be sacrificed a bit, in the big picture it really looks pretty great.

Communicate yes, with the unit requesting the airstrike, but you use the temrs "lined up" or "bombs away"  but rather a confirmation of the target, and then the brevity code for the wep you're releasing. But that's military nitpicking wink_o.gif

I totally agree the verbage is wrong.  But do you agree with the idea (modded or otherwise) that some form of real feedback on top of the random chatter would be a very nice feature?  smile_o.gif

Yes, it would be great!

If all smoke and dust last for 10 minutes you might have a very dusty and smoking surroundings I think, and probably will lag like hell.  huh.gif

Yes i see your point.

but if BIS want ARMA as realistic as they said they better put more time for smoke (5-10 mins).

if BIS put only few secounds it will not cause impact enough, and airstrike will considered as an another common thing added to the game. Will be an ordinary simple thing.

BIS is moving to the right path.

It would be more realistic for smoke to hang around longer. But it's not just a performance issue; it's a gameplay issue as well.  It's kind of hard to fight in a cloud of dust and it's not as cool in a game as it is in real life.

Compromises had to be made.

You have to think in the vast maps and view distance that most will want to have cranked up and vehicles and lots of units on top of all this. Destroyables have always been a big limiter and roadblock and still is. I'm just glad it's even in there.

Really cool. Too im sure a lot of the critical voices really aren't all that critical, easy to misinterpret and assume things over the internet. It's good that people think atleast! What if everyone was all back slappin' only because it's a bis product.

You can't have it all.

Sorry if someone could help to read this video. I only have the sound available.

Actually, I can read almost all videos of Arma since the release except about 15 or 20 % of them.

I have both the last version of winanp and WMP v.10.

Thanks and sorry to appear so noob confused_o.gif

Last videos which cannot displayed its images are Artillery and Airstrike while for instance EXCLUSIVE_Arma_Montage (the big 197 Mo) is fine.

You're probably missing some codecs required to play the videos.

You can try downloading DviX, and see if that helps.