Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Thanks a lot Shadak , again smile_o.gif.

That arty and airstrike videos? Comical biggrin_o.gif Pure classic comedy.

But I don't want to destroy your fun, so continue drooling smile_o.gif

I made a larger fighting vid - no armor were used though.

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=5b0c1fcf2317b8c0d3fe765b2eba39be

Thanks again, you have spend quite a bit of time so that others can see the game smile_o.gif .

Edit:

People were "imagining" alot of stuff, the a.i. seems to be the same if their behaviour isnt edited. I have no real issues with the OPF/VBS1 a.i. though but i agree i would like it better if they could side walk.

Tip: You can use camera.sqs to fly around when you are recording, type: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "camera.sqs" in the init of your unit, target something with spacebar, move around and zoom, etc.

Pretty clear that BIS just chose some random military radio-chatter

Umm pretty clear to me that whoever made the videos for Morphicon downloaded some random RL aircraft chatter and merged it with the video footage wink_o.gif

Arrgh! Those boogers! That's ONE foot nailed to the floor for them! MISREPRESENTATION!!! mad_o.gif

On a side note, it will be nice -when- it actually does get in there..

smile_o.gif

Where do you download that frmo Shadak? I hit continue and it takes me to the front page of the website.

take a closer look and wait 60 seconds ..

Man I was hoping that radio chatter was in-game.  It added so much to the overall ambience, I was drooling last night when I watched those.....

Placebo, I vote that radio chatter be included in game for air strikes before the english version is released.  

Who's with me ? Lets take a vote  yay.gif

I'm voting against it because 1. its not dynamic and what they say has little to do with what's happening in game, and 2. you wouldn't hear plane to plane com when req:ing airstrikes anyway... smile_o.gif

Thanks again, you have spend quite a bit of time so that others can see the game smile_o.gif .

Edit:

People were "imagining" alot of stuff, the a.i. seems to be the same if their behaviour isnt edited. I have no real issues with the OPF/VBS1 a.i. though but i agree i would like it better if they could side walk.

Tip: You can use camera.sqs to fly around when you are recording, type: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "camera.sqs"

in the init of your unit, target something with spacebar, move around and zoom, etc.

What exactly do I type in ? It doesnt seem to work sad_o.gif

I think it's a little optimistic to expect that the same camera control script would work in ArmA. They've probably modified the name of it.

In any case, many thanks for the video Shadak. In it, you can see the 'peripheral vision' blips in action (the small sem-transparent green semi-circles around the edge of the screen informing you of a close by friendly unit) - almost imperceptable but very useful (they were in OFP:Elite).

It's interesting to see how large scale units operate, as it is more difficult to work out who is covering who. With the smaller units it's more easy to define, but here it seems that if one person is covering an area and his buddy moves up, then another soldier who needs to move up in that same area will use the cover soldier instead of another buddy. Interesting.

What strikes me most is how much the area of combat looks like a part of a town I used to live in. It's going to eerie doing battle in old haunts.

Well, i have seen screenshots taken in camera mode, if the camera code changed it might be in the comref but i thought it didnt confused_o.gif .

Thanks for the videos again Shadak, it's interesting to see how the new AI work! Although, I don't know what skill level you've set them at, but TBH I can't see that much difference from OFP AI! …. Hard to tell just by watching videos though!

If you get time and in your long list of requests, I would like to see how the new swimming feature works. If you can find a stretch of water to deep to wade and set the AI waypoints to cross it. Does you loose your weapons if you are forced to swim? How far can you swim etc.?   thumbs-up.gif

Keep 'em coming, we have nothing else!   smile_o.gif

Edit:

Tip: You can use camera.sqs to fly around when you are recording, type: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "camera.sqs"

in the init of your unit, target something with spacebar, move around and zoom, etc.

The AI clearly is different, surely you can see the difference? Didn't you even notice the bounding overwatch? I can't believe you can't see the difference! crazy_o.gif

Edit:

The AI clearly is different, surely you can see the difference? Didn't you even notice the bounding overwatch? I can't believe you can't see the difference! crazy_o.gif

No noticeable diference, its hard to tell because we dont know how setting up their behaviours in the waypoints or with comands will affect their behaviour, they dont use cover like sugested, they crawl in the open and sprint towards death.

I think the core behaviour and engagement rules are the same:

4: 1 o'clock, soldier AT 100 meters.

1: All, danger.

1: 2,3. target THAT soldier.

1: 2,3. atack THAT soldier.

2: Oh no: 3 is down.

2: injured.

4: I have got him

biggrin_o.gif .

Thanks for the videos again Shadak, it's interesting to see how the new AI work! Although, I don't know what skill level you've set them at, but TBH I can't see that much difference from OFP AI! …. Hard to tell just by watching videos though!

If you get time and in your long list of requests, I would like to see how the new swimming feature works. If you can find a stretch of water to deep to wade and set the AI waypoints to cross it. Does you loose your weapons if you are forced to swim? How far can you swim etc.? thumbs-up.gif

Keep 'em coming, we have nothing else! smile_o.gif

I set the elite skill to some of them, its usually medium though. The swimming is very slow but you dont lose anything smile_o.gif

here's a little video from one of the missions. I played the campaign a bit and its very good. The missions are interesting enough. This is from a daytime spec ops mission - infiltrating a little town.

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=4664120b7ecd3f541802bb4695eb1f3f

No noticeable diference, its hard to tell because we dont know how setting up their behaviours in the waypoints or with comands will affect their behaviour, they dont use cover like sugested, they crawl in the open and sprint towards death.

I think the core behaviour and engagement rules are the same:

4: 1 o'clock, soldier AT 100 meters.

1: All, danger.

1: 2,3. target THAT soldier.

1: 2,3. atack THAT soldier.

2: Oh no: 3 is down.

2: injured.

4: I have got him

biggrin_o.gif .

While they are still kinda dumb, they do stick to cover/concealment like bushes more. You can see the "leapfrogging", where one bunch covers the other while they move. Watch the AI vids some more and you can see the difference.

Shadak, could you please make a video about whether or not the soldiers remove the magazines while reloading? I think i saw a video where they did remove the mags, but your vid was about the M203 which isn't the main magazine so maybe that's why they didnt remove it. I don't know so i would appreciate some clarification.

Shadak, could you please make a video about whether or not the soldiers remove the magazines while reloading? I think i saw a video where they did remove the mags, but your vid was about the M203 which isn't the main magazine so maybe that's why they didnt remove it. I don't know so i would appreciate some clarification.

The mag disappears when the guy reloads and then reappears again. Nothing worth making a video over. The guy doesn't hold the mag in his hands, I saw it in another video.

Well, the AI is smart enough to put up a fight, at least.  AI will be AI, I guess.

Geeze, why does everybody care about realy stupid details like "removing magazines" and not big omisions, like accurate damage from artillery and bombs?

The mag disappears when the guy reloads and then reappears again. Nothing worth making a video over. The guy doesn't hold the mag in his hands, I saw it in another video.

The M203 vid was about reloading the m203 not the gun. The animation for reloading the nadelauncher is the same though.

The M203 vid was about reloading the m203 not the gun. The animation for reloading the nadelauncher is the same though.

Ok, thanks for clearing this up.

..., like accurate damage from artillery and bombs?

<s>Keep in mind that the Arty is a 75mm field gun</s>, not a 155mm howitzer. But I admit it looks currently barely stronger than a 40mm M203 grenade...

Edit: Thank godness they are not 155mm or I would look now pretty stupid tounge2.gif

That's what you get when quickly posting based on obscure memories... whistle.gif

..., like accurate damage from artillery and bombs?

Keep in mind that the Arty is a 75mm field gun, not a 155mm howitzer. But I admit it looks currently barely stronger than a 40mm M203 grenade...

One is an M119 105mm field howitzer, the other is a D-30 122mm howitzer.

Hi new user here, ive watched a couple of the videos of arma and im glad to see they have modelled the supersonic "crack" from rounds coming at you, one thing id like to know is if the sound of weapons changes over distance, im not sure what its called, but in ofp it was just a quieter noise of the weapon being fired. I think in real life its more like a pop or thud? if anyone could post a vid demonstrating that in arma it would be great, i hope u know what i mean?

cheers al smile_o.gif

I think it's a little optimistic to expect that the same camera control script would work in ArmA. They've probably modified the name of it.

They haven't.

Enter

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "camera.sqs"

in the players initialization field when you are placing the unit. It works.

More on Biki.