Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Ugh...god...noo....that 134 ai vid was really disapppointing sad_o.gif The stupid, cumbersome, crappy old ofp command system is still there! I thought they said there was going to a new, brothers-in-arms style command system. I thought directing flanks and supresses could be really cool with the new ai. Too bad its going to be hell and simply not fun sad_o.gif

I never quite understood why they called ofp and arma "tactical shooters" when the command system is far to limited and crappy to actually perform basic tactical movements without your AI being too stupid to listen to you and survive.

What are you talking about?

Of course ordering around 134 AI soldiers is going to be cumbersome. Have you ever tried organizing 134 people and getting them to do what you want them to do in real life? Hell, it's hard even with 30 people!

As for the BIA command system, I'm not sure how that would work in ArmA. It's very fluid and efficient for a small 6-man squad shooter a game like Brothers in Arms, with relatively restrictive environments. But it would probably break down once you increase the number of soldiers under command and apply it to wide open, free-roaming maps.

What makes you think that you can't flank or suppress with your squad in ArmA? For god's sake, you haven't even tried it yet. In Elite you could assign squad members to different teams and send them into flanking positions.

My comment was unrelated to the video itself and how many men were on the team; I was commenting on how difficult squad control was in normal ofp with as few as 4 or as many as 12 men.

The ofp command system looks unchanged in arma.

When under fire in ofp while commanding, I always attempted tactics and tried to make my squad mates move up or flank the enemy position. Not only was commanding them slow and cumbersome, but when the order was actually given, the AI took way too long to get there and was way too careless. They usually ended up mowed down. If one actually did happen to make it to the position I asked, he usually failed to get in the cover I told him to get into or didn't fire upon the enemy like I wanted to.

Commanding in ofp for me generally just consisted of me playing alone, except with 11 other guys following me around if that makes any sense. There was very little utlilization of teammates and tactics because it was a crappy command system.

Which graphic card is better

1 PCI Express x16 - ATI Radeon Xpress 200 hared Video Memory (UMA) 2048 x 1536

2 GF 7600 GT 256

?

icon_rolleyes.gif

I was commenting on how difficult squad control was in normal ofp with as few as 4 or as many as 12 men.

What do you expect if someone doesn't bother to use the quick command system we implemented? There is the old command system and there is the quick command system (as mentioned in a number of interviews).

I was commenting on how difficult squad control was in normal ofp with as few as 4 or as many as 12 men.

What do you expect if someone doesn't bother to use the quick command system we implemented? There is the old command system and there is the quick command system (as mentioned in a number of interviews).

wOOt! Good to hear! yay.gif

(Please someone do a vid showing this) smile_o.gif

I take back everything I have said. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I just hope the AI also deals with it well!

ok Shadak, we need you now biggrin_o.gif

if you have time, can you please show us the command system/s in actual combat situations, try to flank some enemies or show us how good you can order yor men (alone or in groups) to take care of different kind of threats (like armor, mechine gun nests,...etc). sorry if it sounds a bit complecated

As always thank you for the vidz thumbs-up.gif

sorry about offtopic but...

Some few words to Placebo, our great Community & PR Manager.

Placebo, what do you expect about the ArmA owners?

we need to go to cz republik to get arma because there is no demo out like in good old operation flashpoint.

also everything looks like the demo is coming out after the german release. and that is bad. nobody here has a chance too take a closer look to the game until he buy it in a few weeks.

i want to know, were the problem is that BIs needs gold reports from russia and poland to release the demo!?

there is germany and cz that gave gold allready.

sorry for talking about the demo all the time but the advertisement from Bohemia Interactiv and there

game called Armed Assault is poor.

Sorry but i am a very big Fan of Operation Flashpoint

the developers Bohemia Interactive, and it is hurting

very bad too see such poor advertisement.

take a look at the screenshots from the cz version owners:

http://www.clanfighters.de/images/news-pics/35_1163190279.jpg

and here:

http://www.clanfighters.de/images/news-pics/35_1163222907.jpg

now take a look at the screens postet by BI:

http://www.armedassault.com/shots/ArmA_149.jpg

and here:

http://www.armedassault.com/shots/ArmA_145.jpg

the screenshots made by the Community are best.

why i talk about this screens?

i am thinking about BIs and what is up with them.

the advertisement of VBS1 and Operation Flashpoint is

better than this one.

Placebo please, talk with your guys at Bohemia Interactiv,

you are the best developers and you guys dont need a "YES"

from the publishers for releasing a demo.

look at all the great feedback of the german, english and cz users in this forum that owns arma from CZ allready.

everybody from theme sayed that it is a great game, but nobody can realy take a look on the game because its not there home languadge.

if Bohemia Interactive want to do something good to there community, go ahead and release the demo.

i u want to tell all the demo users that the game is still under developerment, get an info in the demo called "still under developerment" or "beta demo". nobody will get a bad meaning about ArmA if they know that this is not a final release version and publish the demo in a english languadge or cz languadge it wont matter. after release you guys can release a final demo.

so please please Bohemia Interactive, take your time guys and think about it, the community is standing behind u guys!

greetings, Kev

As placebo has pointed out numerous times, it is not the developers that handle marketing. Developers develope. It's not that hard to grasp. wink_o.gif

As placebo has pointed out numerous times, it is not the developers that handle marketing. Developers develope. It's not that hard to grasp. wink_o.gif

www.armedassault.com is a Bohemia Interactive managed site.

and a demo will be made by bohemia interactive also it will be released from bohemia interactive, i asked the german publisher morphicon and they sayed that there waiting for Bohemia Interactive, its there choice.

I have to say, a demo would make the wait for us N Americans alot eaiser to endure. I have been waiting since FP for this game.  Not a short time at all.

It's also been said numerous times, a demo is in the works.

These things don't happen overnight. Relax. I want it, too, but I understand that it takes time.

Until then, I'm playing a ton of OFP and taking mental notes of all the things I hope to see improved in ArmA. wink_o.gif

Even though it would be great to get a demo I'd much rather see that they spent the time on polishing ArmA. I will be playing the demo a month or so while I will be playing ArmA at least a couple of years. So the choice of which they should focus on isn't that hard to make.

Even though it would be great to get a demo I'd much rather see that they spent the time on polishing ArmA. I will be playing the demo a month or so while I will be playing ArmA at least a couple of years. So the choice of which they should focus on isn't that hard to make.

Personally I'd rather they'd get the demo out right now so they can get that off their list of things to do. Then they can devote all their attention and time to "polishing" and patches, plus it'll provide us with something to do in the meantime.

let's not go off topic.

you are right smile_o.gif

folks,

i only wanted to drop off some words to placebo and the other nice guys from bohemia.

just they get some good words to work faster on the demo and having fun by developing it.

also i wanted to show them poor things so they can do things better in the future.

thats all, i dont want to go off topic. so lets go back to topic and start talking about the nice released and upcoming videos here.

greetz wink_o.gif

Placebo's going to have a spaz attack over this...

But I do agree, to a certain extent. BIS should be pushing the publishers to get a demo out there, it'd do wonders for sales of the ArmA. I remember back in the day when I first tried the demo of OFP. I'd never even heard of it, but I fell in love instantly, and I must have completed that demo about... 50 times, at least. The demo is what made me buy OFP. I'm sure there are hundreds, or even thousands of people who would buy ArmA if a demo came out around now. It's always good to make people wait for something - Even if they already have a taste of it. A demo would be the taste - The period between demo and release would surely make many people excited about it, and tell everyone they know, who would also become so and then tell everyone THEY know about it etc etc etc... It just makes so much sense from a "BIS and the publishers get massive wads of cash in their pockets" point of view.

Just been watching the "Noobs-Reloaded trailer" with all the parachutes near the end of it. Are these stearable now? Didn't find any info when I searched. huh.gif

Placebo's going to have a spaz attack over this...

But I do agree, to a certain extent. BIS should be pushing the publishers to get a demo out there, it'd do wonders for sales of the ArmA. I remember back in the day when I first tried the demo of OFP. I'd never even heard of it, but I fell in love instantly, and I must have completed that demo about... 50 times, at least. The demo is what made me buy OFP. I'm sure there are hundreds, or even thousands of people who would buy ArmA if a demo came out around now. It's always good to make people wait for something - Even if they already have a taste of it. A demo would be the taste - The period between demo and release would surely make many people excited about it, and tell everyone they know, who would also become so and then tell everyone THEY know about it etc etc etc... It just makes so much sense from a "BIS and the publishers get massive wads of cash in their pockets" point of view.

It is a shame that there is a distinction between the "Developers" and the "Marketers" (if they were both doing their jobs flawlessly the public wouldn't be able to distinguish them.)

And while "More is better " when it comes to your public, it's almost a foregone conclusion that >50% of us will be buying ArmA if it was in KLINGON and you set up shop in a small booth in the middle of the lion cage at the local zoo. The demo would require effort on the part of the devs (not just making it, but supporting it!wink_o.gif and cause a lack of focus in other perhaps more worthwhile efforts.

Contrary to that the idea of having a modern game without a playable public demo of SOME kind is unthinkable. I'm sure the publishers would be all over a demo only if it would serve to interest people in the game. The worst thing that could happen is to release a poorly done demo that dissuades potential buyers.

i write it again.

i talked with the publisher.

a demo is no publishers choice. its BIs choice, also the release.

the publishers have no hands on it.

morphicon sayed: "sorry we cant give you an answer of your question about a demo, we are waiting for it too, just like you."

so now back to topic please, were are some new and nice vids?

I'll add a final coment if i may... a demo for a game like this has to be very well thought to have the proper impact on potential buyers. Since the game's release in big market areas is either far or unknown releasing a demo could mean trouble since people would play it to death, problably edit it, etc for too long.

At this time i think BIS is problably colecting error, crash and bug reports to make a first patch (wich will have to be tested) and working on the dedicated server files.

A demo should come out when the time is wright wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Are these stearable now?

The ones I was able to test were not steerable. Not granted though that there are chutes that can be steered.

The chute I tested had steering handles but no steering was implemented.

Cheers for the info Balschoiw. Shame they aren't stearable but maybe in the future thumbs-up.gif

Cheers for the info Balschoiw. Shame they aren't stearable but maybe in the future thumbs-up.gif

Are parachute landings improved with proper landing animations atleast? In OPF you would perform a vehicle getout animation and see your chute sink into the ground... i fear this hasnt been improved uppon?

Do you still eject from helicopters in a not so realistic way? Some gameplay aspects where a realism upgrade was expected are nowhere to be found confused_o.gif .

Woo! They fixed the issue of having a tanks turret always centered when the driver is turned out! yay.gif