Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Quote[/b] ]Are parachute landings improved with proper landing animations atleast?

Not that I have noticed.

Quote[/b] ] Do you still eject from helicopters in a not so realistic way?

Yes, it´s like it was with OFP.

Quote[/b] ]Some gameplay aspects where a realism upgrade was expected are nowhere to be found

Unfortunally true.

Woo! They fixed the issue of having a tanks turret always centered when the driver is turned out! yay.gif

Haha, was that actually an issue? I thought it was a "feature," to be honest. I always used it to my advantage to keep from getting disoriented in the commander chair.

Quote[/b] ]Are parachute landings improved with proper landing animations atleast?

Not that I have noticed.

Quote[/b] ]Some gameplay aspects where a realism upgrade was expected are nowhere to be found

Unfortunally true.

This is sad, they improved lots of things for this game but there was/is potential for so much more...

Woo! They fixed the issue of having a tanks turret always centered when the driver is turned out! yay.gif

Haha, was that actually an issue? I thought it was a "feature," to be honest. I always used it to my advantage to keep from getting disoriented in the commander chair.

Being unable to move the turret in multiplayer because your driver was stupid enough to pop their head out gave a real big disadvantage. Now if they do so you don't have to worry about it them dieing as you won't be stuck like that.

I might also be wrong on this or they may have changed it later,but I noticed that on one of spoock's videos,the overview of Sahrani. I noticed something odd at the part with the bridge. From earlier yet not too early,moreso latest images of the bridge,I noticed that the view of destruction found in the image do not match what is shown in the video at all. This may have been something that was simply changed or perhaps that part of the bridge is dynamic to some extent,atleast that its pieces do not always repeat the same pattern.

Woo! They fixed the issue of having a tanks turret always centered when the driver is turned out!  yay.gif

its like real life you cant have a driver head out and the turret turning..

cuz it will end very bad... sad_o.gif

sfc.itzhak

p.s

i was a tank driver at first so i know...

As realistic as this may be,your thinking of trained soldiers,not idiots who sit behind the computer.

People will do things just ti hinder and screw you over,be it team mate or not. This is moreso a good thing to do to prevent asshatery.

Not that I have noticed.

Unfortunally true.

This is sad, they improved lots of things for this game but there was/is potential for so much more...

Keep in mind Placebo stated that development STILL is progressing, they are adding features to ArmA even now. So though you may have it in your greedy little paws, it is not yet done.

Exactly!

And about the dynamic bridge effect,I'm almost sure its there now. While re-watching the video I noticed that in two of the earlier demonstrations of bridge collapsing that after the bridge driving section went out,the support went out as well. However it seems that the support was falling in one direction,but when it hit a falling segment of the bridge it shifted direction,turned and fell and continued turning a bit due to its momentum.

On the second bridge collapse I saw a slightly similar thing,however when the falling bridge segment hit the already vaulting support,the support fell even faster,as if the bridge segment forced it down,afterwards it fell in the same po Ssition with no turning and the bridge segment stayed on it.

Not only that but in the second demonstration one of the light posts are blown off,smacks into a part of the destroyed bridge and falls down and it forced back due to the momentum. Seems dynamic in terms of collision to me.

At the end of the video a T-72 is flipped,however when it flips it rolls a bit until its balanced. Interesting. Still can't help but wonder what flipped it,as it shows no damaged parts or a impact particle.

Quote[/b] ]Keep in mind Placebo stated that development STILL is progressing, they are adding features to ArmA even now.

I know but still I have to pay full prize for a product that appears to be unfinished. I am confident aswell that there will be patches and additions to the game but as it is now it´s not satisfying imo.

Bugs that have been there with OFP should have not made their way into ArAs aswell.

Anyway, you´ll see what I mean when you get it. Right now if someone voices critizism about ArAs he´s literally hung on the village chapel upside down, but I guess this will change when the german version is out.

Don´t get me wrong, I still think ArAs is a nice game and of course has huge potential especially keeping in mind that the com is very active, but I´m having a hard time understanding why user additions for OFP are better than implemented features in ArAs from BIS.

There are things that cant be changed just like that.

I.e. the fast spinning tanks, helicopter parachutes, etc... the gameplay was decided to be kept identical to OPF in these aspects it seems (unfortunetly).

But if they could include the parachute landing and reach shore (swimming transition) animations at some stage it would be nice, i dont see those being priorities for now but...

I just watched a 9 minute co op and mp czech vid. And for the life of me, I cannot see anything much different from FP at all. In the 1st pov, your forward hand is not even holding the weapon. Was really weird.

And when the peep moved onscreen just a bit, the breathing sounds were already there. And in co op, the dudes were using fakescope cqb deathdot attachements. Gods I sure hope there are ACOGs.

Horrible visions of No**logics Joint Ops came fast to mind. *gag* I have to say co op looked alot more interesting than the mp vid.

And in co op, the dudes were using fakescope cqb deathdot attachements. Gods I sure hope there are ACOGs.

Horrible visions of No**logics Joint Ops came fast to mind. *gag* I have to say co op looked alot more interesting than the mp vid.

Fakescope deathdot atachments? confused_o.gif .

There's nothing fake about the M68 aimdot and the way it is simulated in the game seems very well done..

I haven't palyed ArmA yet, but I think it's unfair to compare it to OFP. OFP was a groundbreaking game. Nothing like it was ever done before. ArmA isn't groundbreaking. It's a new game in a now powerfull "Tactical Shooter" series. This including hit series like: OFP,Battlefield,Rainbow six,Ghost recon.... So ArmA still has a lot to prove. AND bear in mind that our OFP today, is the result of 5 years of dedicated community work. If you compare ArmA to vanilla OFP, then you will see the progress BIS have done.

P.S If you played ArmA and disagree. Feel free to correct me.

How can a scope that has a dot in the center but no zoom,is not meant to zoom,has no zoom in reality but only a scope with a dot to help targetting,that is shown like that ingame,with only the dot,no zoom but only the dot,be fake?

If you ask me,the game is still groundbreaking. All games that I'v seen that are not RTS style cannot support the amount of solders and vehicles I'v seen in some of these battles,usually there is the rare occurance of twelve vehicles on a special map. Squad play still beats the amount of soldiers you can carry in a squad,in bf2 its only six,in other games I'v seen its four but still not compareable. Other games..AI is dumb as hell regardless of anything. AI in other games have no roads to follow and unless in a cutscene never have a reason to be on them whatsoever,so the AI having to find the path of the road is still an OFP/AA only thing. When windows are shot in other games other than say half life 2 or CSS,they don't have any bullet holes or anything in them that stays and makes the class actually look damaged.

I haven't seen another recent game that has the ability to damage enemy car tires to render them inoperable,tank cannons being able to be put out of service,their treads,or anything of that sort. At max I'v seen certain areas but that is always front vs back of tank unless on something like say Steel Beasts probably. Vehicle wrecks stay there,in most games I'v seen the vehicle wreck just blows up and thats it,not to mention they respawn which AA's don't. Jumping is still not in (thank goodness). I haven't seen another game outside of a sim where helicopters have rotor and engine failures,the communtiy can do so much more with it than other game communities can do with theirs. Yes they have the flashy graphics but the vehicles feel the same,just a different shell color as they have little to no uniqueness. AA may not be as ground breaking as OFP was but its still a good jump. But right now should be moreso the time to work on ironing out bugs and such rather than add new things.

mentioning OFP and ArmA in a sentence with Battlefield and Ghost Recon is heresy ! crazy_o.gif

I guess Balschoiws critics are justified , but i think i have an explanation. Usermade content takes a lot more time and devotion. BIS can't be expert for everthing. Also , the sheer amount of content in ArmA is not comparable to most usermade mods.(in a one year timeframe)

I trust BIS to hammer out the bugs and perfect the unfinished content. The game has far too much potential to get such low ratings because of annoying bugs.

PS : pleeeaaaaase , release some modding tools wink_o.gif

Did You noticed on Sahrani video that aqueduct-like bridge collapsed very fast, like on prerelase vid ? il looks bad and very unrealistic.

I know but still I have to pay full prize for a product that appears to be unfinished.

Am I missing something? We somehow managed to implement a law where you're forced to do something whether you want to or not? wink_o.gif

mentioning OFP and ArmA in a sentence with Battlefield and Ghost Recon is heresy ! crazy_o.gif

I guess Balschoiws critics are justified , but i think i have an explanation. Usermade content takes a lot more time and devotion. BIS can't be expert for everthing. Also , the sheer amount of content in ArmA is not comparable to most usermade mods.(in a one year timeframe)

I trust BIS to hammer out the bugs and perfect the unfinished content. The game has far too much potential to get such low ratings because of annoying bugs.

PS : pleeeaaaaase , release some modding tools wink_o.gif

The startoff tools are already out,if we make models in advance and might have to rename something we can do it afterwards. We can make textures in advance because only after compression is it decided what detail is lost. Normal map texturing is also able to be done in advance.

like bis said b4: get the game now as it is, patch it later; or wait till 2008 with outdated stuff in it goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]The startoff tools are already out,if we make models in advance and might have to rename something we can do it afterwards. We can make textures in advance because only after compression is it decided what detail is lost. Normal map texturing is also able to be done in advance.

Partially true , but you have to see how the normalmaps look ingame (bulldozer) to adjust the strenght. Soldier selections and animation can't be done without o2 (at least not to my knowledge). We need some Example Models to get an idea how things work now.

That is what i mean . of course you can build models and textures , but thats it.

I know but still I have to pay full prize for a product that appears to be unfinished.

Am I missing something? We somehow managed to implement a law where you're forced to do something whether you want to or not? wink_o.gif

No but buying a product that is buggy and incomplete is a pet hate of many members on this board.

I really dunno why ppl are crying around.

If ArmA gets as many additions via patches like OpF once did then it'll be 300% better within a year from now.

You ArmA owners should be happy to be able to play it yet while the rest of the world is still waiting / DLing videos. tounge2.gif

OpF also had a 'raw' charme at the beginning, but that's life. And now look what has become of it. Don't you guys believe in the future ? smile_o.gif

Are there any videos of dogfighting?

i can make one if there is any interst. but first eat this :-) (para soldiers)

Para Soldiers

Looks quite good, though the last time i tried to eject from the side "bench" of a mh-6 in <span style='font-size:5pt;line-height:100%'>vbs</span> there was no chute. They should have left these out of the choppers...

What about the AV8? Does it have a proper ejection seat or do you still jump out of it?