Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Are there any videos of dogfighting?

i can make one if there is any interst. but first eat this :-) (para soldiers)

Para Soldiers

Thats the german version crazy_o.gif

Is it out now in germany or why do you already have it?

Those radio comms still make me cringe  confused_o.gif

I don't KNOW what YOU mean.. To be honest, they're terrible. It's like they've picked random samples and put them together. But I guess it's yet another things the community has to deal with. Hopefully they'll add the posibility to assign different voices to different combat modes. It would definitely allow us to create a voice pack far superior to what BIS brought us.

Those radio comms still make me cringe  confused_o.gif

I don't KNOW what YOU mean.. To be honest, they're terrible. It's like they've picked random samples and put them together. But I guess it's yet another things the community has to deal with. Hopefully they'll add the posibility to assign different voices to different combat modes. It would definitely allow us to create a voice pack far superior to what BIS brought us.

I think everyone will just overwrite the new voices with the OFP ones (im not sure yet what ill do, sometimes the new voices sound better, sometimes they sound like completely random thrown together singers)

The voices only sound weird when they do the: 2, target THAT officer AT 1 o'clock thingy.

For the rest they sound alot better than the OPF robotic ones, thats the impression i got from Spook's Saharani movie.

2, place charge

2, detonate

1, cease fire!! << emotion!

They are much more human alike in these circunstances plus we can hear the sound coming from the soldiers position with lip sync!

That would turn out very shitty with the old robotic voices...

"Luke, i am your father." crazy_o.gif .

They don't sound like radio messages either, they sound too clear, yet it looks like BIS thought if they added bee-beep at the end of each communication, it would make it sound like a radio transmission. No.

They don't sound like radio messages either, they sound too clear, yet it looks like BIS thought if they added bee-beep at the end of each communication, it would make it sound like a radio transmission. No.

Would be better with static. Beep, beep sounds like the police net...

Are there any videos of dogfighting?

Para Soldiers

Thats the german version crazy_o.gif

Is it out now in germany or why do you already have it?

its the czech version but you can change the languages.

Obviously "your" own voice comands sound clear... i have too many trailers to be able to find the small one from this SP mission where we could hear static/scratch when your teamates said something but its there wink_o.gif .

Yeah, OFP's comms had a small amount of static, better than what I hear in ArmA anyway, I like the static you get at the end of default OFP comms better than this bee-beep

Yeah, OFP's comms had a small amount of static, better than what I hear in ArmA anyway, I like the static you get at the end of default OFP comms better than this bee-beep

I think you might wanna pay more atention to the trailer sounds, read above...

I agree it looks absolutely fantastic with little framerate drop, could you let us in on your killer rig? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Para Soldiers

What killed that paratrooper? Collision with a parachute? Of my icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks good tho and it seems you can handle the chopper much better from what I saw in previous chopper footage.

This vid brought to me one question ... what will hapen if you paradrop on the roof of unenterable buildig ? smile_o.gif How can you get down ? I hope that parachuting from roof is not posible ( BF2 confused_o.gif ).

When you watch closely you can see there is a short parachute animation when the paratrooper hits the roof. kind of inversed "open parachute" animation,it looks good enough for me.

Would be cool if the parachute changes in a parachutepack which the player can pick up.

But the paratrooper himself should have a land animation when he hits the surface, it 'll look much better that way.

Quote[/b] ]

This vid brought to me one question ... what will hapen if you paradrop on the roof of unenterable buildig ? smile_o.gif How can you get down ? I hope that parachuting from roof is not posible

You can't, that's why steerable parachutes are important.

This vid brought to me one question ... what will hapen if you paradrop on the roof of unenterable buildig ? smile_o.gif How can you get down ? I hope that parachuting from roof is not posible ( BF2 confused_o.gif ).

No. That's one of the most annoying aspects of ArmA. You can't get down. On some houses you can step over the edge, with result of broken legs, from higher you'll die and on some you'll stay trapped without any way down sad_o.gif You can just kill yourself, if you are lucky enough and have grenade...

When you landed on a building in OFP you could go near the edge, go prone, and strafe off until you start falling, then you could strafe back towards the building and you stick a bit, repeat until you're down biggrin_o.gif

Definately not the most realistic method, but just pretend you're climbing wink_o.gif

No. That's one of the most annoying aspects of ArmA. You can't get down. On some houses you can step over the edge, with result of broken legs, from higher you'll die and on some you'll stay trapped without any way down sad_o.gif You can just kill yourself, if you are lucky enough and have grenade...

Kneel, shoot any existing opfor and tell the boys to pick you up with a helicopter.

"Help! Im stuck on the roof" biggrin_o.gif .

Hi all

The block of flats that the copter pilot landed on looked like the type with a roof entrance. There were two roof entances to the buildings there, he should have at least tried them.

For those roofs without access somone just needs to mod an asbseil to include with all parachutes.

Kind Regards Walker

Sounds to me like top of the list for first patch !! crazy_o.gif

How so? You land on a building top and have no choice but to fall,what are you hoping for them to do? Add a parachute that can open in a second and immediatly work perfectly (not to mention kill team mates)

Hehehe, the unknown challenges for para-troopers. Wonder how many soldiers starved to death on roof-tops during WWII. wink_o.gif