Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Maybe the addition of ladders to every house that won't go all the way down but are around 1-2m from the ground so everyone won't be fooling around on the rooftops.

I have seen several videos of swimming but can someone tell me if you can swim UNDERWATER, and what happens if you go with a vehicle underwater...

thanks notworthy.gif

I have seen several videos of swimming but can someone tell me if you can swim UNDERWATER, and what happens if you go with a vehicle underwater...

thanks notworthy.gif

no, you cant. but when the weather is stormy, the waves are high and you are often under water :-)

Yeah, OFP's comms had a small amount of static, better than what I hear in ArmA anyway, I like the static you get at the end of default OFP comms better than this bee-beep

I think you might wanna pay more atention to the trailer sounds, read above...

It's all completely moddable anyway with slight resource.bin change...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class GlobalChannel: {

level = 1;

noise = "loop";

micOuts = "micOuts";

class GroupChannel: {

level = 3;

noise = "loop";

micOuts = "micOuts";

That's the thing with BIS games - "It'll be alright in the long run", to quote Redgum (Aussie band from ages ago smile_o.gif ), even if we want it all now. Look at OFP - it just kept on getting better with age, unlike most games that die out after a few months. It's because everything in ti is moddable - BIS gives us the base, and we work it from there. I'm planning on joining in next year - I'm going to be doing a year 10 3D course. BIS games are moddable - and that's why we all love them. biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Once again, this thread has gone wildly offtopic... More videos, please!

That's the thing with BIS games - "It'll be alright in the long run", to quote Redgum (Aussie band from ages ago :) ), even if we want it all now. Look at OFP - it just kept on getting better with age

If you state it like that i wonder what the target audience is? Certainly NOT a mass market. I you want to appeal to a general/mainstream gamer (NOT equal to a 'dumb' gamer!) i think a finished product is what you need. Mods are fine but only to better the product, not to repair the product.

But those parachutes are squared steerable chutes, but it doesn't look like you can fly them like irl...

Well when that's the thing with BIS Games than BIS shoudln't wonder when some reviews give ArmA only 50-70%.

A professional game developper shouldn't rely on the community to finish his own product. If I pay 50€ for a game I expect it to be playable without too many bugs and without having to wait another 1-2 years of patches and community made mods and addons to get a 100% finished product.

Oh, no! I see a harrier shooting AIM-9X against T-72. banghead.gif

ArmA still has the bug that AA missiles lock on ground vehicles and AI AA sol fires his precious stinger against tanks?

You can easily make aircraft not lockable onto ground targets under aircraft class, but then if you had AT missiles you cant lock onto ground targets. Pretty sure it's possible with scripting, but a simple line in the aircraft config would be nice.

Flying tank in 2:32  crazy_o.gif

rofl.gif

edit: is there napalm in ARMA?

Check out the wacky collision towards the end of the movie between 2 t72. One of them flips over on its turret like it just hit an IED. Pretty crazy.

Flying tank in 2:32 crazy_o.gif

rofl.gif

edit: is there napalm in ARMA?

Check out the wacky collision towards the end of the movie between 2 t72. One of them flips over on its turret like it just hit an IED. Pretty crazy.

ROFL ! Didnt noticed that first place smile_o.gif It look like one t72 was made of rubber rofl.gif Real immersion killer, one situation like that during long coop mission and all atmosphere diapears like soap bubble. Lets hope first patch will fix all this silly bugs... sad_o.gif

Actually? Dunno why I played OFP-coops for years, had plenty of funny situations and nontheless, the atmosphere allways remained. You wont have fun with any game if just one problem finishes the whole atmosphere of, like it seems to be from your point of view. Never played a perfect game, allways had no problem to "stay in the bubble" ...

Well when that's the thing with BIS Games than BIS shoudln't wonder when some reviews give ArmA only 50-70%.

A professional game developper shouldn't rely on the community to finish his own product. If I pay 50€ for a game I expect it to be playable without too many bugs and without having to wait another 1-2 years of patches and community made mods and addons to get a 100% finished product.

Precisely, this attitude I see most people here having towards all these bugs and ommissions BIS have left unattended isn't normal. It's like ordering a blue car, getting a red one and being told that the garage will respray it in a year or so, but you're blinded by the fact YOU HAVE A CAR (omg) so you let it pass... confused_o.gif

well, let's just HOPE they will fix the bugs, let's not forget that we all had a talk like this when OFP came out confused_o.gif

but let's get optimistic, shall we: I can't wait for the game, and I don't care all that much is it "OFP 1.5" or a complete new system, I'll probbably play it for years to come...

Few months ago we saw footage from ArmA with old OFP AI, they said it will be improved in several interviews, they were working on it.

Kinda strange because I always thought AI was the first thing to do because it has to interact with the new enviroment and AI need lots of testing.

A missing animation in the swimming feature? Well, I'm not surprised, it was a last minute feature, the community asked for it and they got it.

It looks like BIS was not pushed for a release by the publishers but by it's community.

OFP fans know lots of things will be fixed or find a workaround, other things can't be fixed due engine limitations.

BIS supports the game even years after release, but how do you explain this to new people?

Few months ago we saw footage from ArmA with old OFP AI, they said it will be improved in several interviews, they were working on it.

Kinda strange because I always thought AI was the first thing to do because it has to interact with the new enviroment and AI need lots of testing.

A missing animation in the swimming feature? Well, I'm not surprised, it was a last minute feature, the community asked for it and they got it.

It looks like BIS was not pushed for a release by the publishers but by it's community.

OFP fans know lots of things will be fixed or find a workaround, other things can't be fixed due engine limitations.

BIS supports the game even years after release, but how do you explain this to new people?

Truth.

New people don't see(care) every SINGLE LITTLE bug like all the freaks here, playing OFP for ~5years.

They are PLAYING the game.....

BIS should release a fake news like this:

Quote[/b] ]ARMA Release has been cancelled.

Reason is the good old community who makes a big story about all the small bugs we will fix with the first three patches.

We will work another 12months on ArmA to make it right for everyone.

Please play cool games like Battlefield 0815 while waiting.

BIS Team.

P.S. Please don't ask questions like: "When will the game be released?"

OFP: Give the crowd a new addon and they ask for the next one.

ArmA: Give the crowd a new feature and they ask for the next one.

MfG Lee icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh come-on people give it a rest, I know that some of you are a bit dissapointed because some of the promised improvments didnt make it in the release, but to label the game as a bugy unfinished product is a bit harsh IMO and also I think it is far from the truth. Especially that most people didnt even try it yet.

I mean lets face the facts here, even if we take ArmA in its CURRENT state and with the so called dumb AI ((Which still kicks other games AI's Asses)) it still offeres a very compelling and cool gameplay to say the least, and it DOES have many improvments over the original OFP but it seem that no one wants to mention these. It has been said before and I will say it again the ArmA still offer many things that other games cant even begin to offer. And let us remember that BIS usually produce patches with the same amount of content that other companies will put in a box and call it an expantion pack mad_o.gif

As for the new players I wouldnt realy worry about them as what is likly to get them into ArmA is the same things that got people into OFP (( which ArmA greatfuly replicates )).

Just take a moment to remember the first time you played OFP and how you felt about the gameplay and what is it exactly that made go buy that game (( I dont think OFP graphics looked that great even in its time))

and Anyway I know that those of you who are complaining are the first people who are going to be lined up infront of stores to buy this thing tounge2.gifwink_o.gif so be a bit nicer to the game lol

well, we should be happy, the germans and chechz can play their crappy version, when it will ship to N america and the rest of europe the big bugs will probably be fixed:D