Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

I think he means that the 'problem' with the shadows not showing up on the model in first person is simply a bug with that particular model (Sahrani royal commando, I believe) and has probably already been fixed. It is not cause for complaint, in other words.

Loads of new videos here in high quality:

http://www.utw-squad.net/main.php

Makes the masses of petty complaints seem nonsensical when you see these!

how can i download these new high res videos, i cant see a link on that page m8 ?

how can i download these new high res videos, i cant see a link on that page m8 ?

Right click on picture and save target as...

I think he means that the 'problem' with the shadows not showing up on the model in first person is simply a bug with that particular model (Sahrani royal commando, I believe) and has probably already been fixed. It is not cause for complaint, in other words.

smile_o.gif that's what i thought wink_o.gif

and as placebo said

"hopefully it will be resolved by the time of the EU/UK version and patched for the Eastern version."

i really hope all of this is good and fixed by that time, because:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Inspiration is the key.</span> (and every small detail feed inspiration) wink_o.gif

Right click on picture and save target as...

silly me , thanks.

what codec are the 200 meg videos, all i get is pls download the latest version of fraps for the codec sad_o.gif.

tried with vlc , media classic, bs player and firefox . no luck

what codec are the 200 meg videos, all i get is pls download the latest version of fraps for the codec sad_o.gif.

why dont u get the latest FRAPS version?

It worked for me biggrin_o.gif

apparently Fraps 2.8 Codec wird verwendet!

I feel it's unjust to give them hell for not putting out more edited video material since they're probably under staffed as it is already and can't hire a motion director like say, dice does, to do promos or put aside resources to let someone do a half half job and slack behind with other stuff the community dont know they've atleast fixed when the fault is not there anymore. Accept that there's a lot more to do nowadays and with this nische maybe this is as good as it gets with 2 years development. Be happy there is someone doing it atleast.

Anyway; stuff like this atleast makes me happy. The engine in action and great fall and kill animation on the headshot, much better than anything I'd expected (with the direction on the reaction) too with the damage decal (or whatever it's called) which is often beforeseen in games of today / censored: http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/downloads/details.php?file=53

Really nice. The tractor explosion is unrealistic but that's just because they dont fragment. If they'd go in pieces big big chunks probably could go that high. See it as a break down of what could happen in reality.

Shadak, may I request of you to upload your videos to Youtube or a similiar easier file downloader than filefactory? Filefactory is extremely annoying and hard to download a file so I tend to avoid it..

All those people who compain .. DID YOU EVER PLAY OFP When it was FIRST released, I GUESS NOT, IT WASNT THE PERFECT GAME, LOOK HOW MANY PATCHES IT HAD to make it PERFECT. THIS GAME has JUST been released WHAT do you expect. EVERY game RELEASED is never perfect, BF2142 Wasnt, NeverWinter Nights 2 Wasnt, Cod2 Wasnt and many more.. jeesh give them a chance.. And LOOK at the new videos end of. Now Dont Speak of it again. PM

wow very nice find, these vids are awsome! and hires  yay.gif

agreed ,these are amazing....downloading all 15 of em now wink_o.gif

love those vids of the interiors of bmp and m113! n1 shadak wink_o.gif

wee yay.gif

the one with a bunch of civ in the background on a savannah, and one in the foreground with a fellow soldier slinging his mp5sd to the side of his back pulling out a silenced beretta and putting one in his head - great. Again, I love that animation. The soft and slumpy fall feels very real. And the puff from the silencer.

Thanks Shadak, you know the Big hotel building? there is many in the south west part of Saharani, could try to take the lead of bot and go inside to see how they walk inside building?

modding such things that have already been implimented in games for many years.

You do understand that the many, many amazing things that the OFP/ArmA engine has in it are not found in other games, right? Or are you just ignoring that and assuming that since Game X has such-and-such feature (but lacks a ton of things that OFP/ArmA has), ArmA should have it, too?

There are only so many man-hours in a development cycle.

Thx for the Vids Shadak ! smile_o.gif

Vehicle interiors looks good to me smile_o.gif

On you heli vid we can also notice that soldier didnt droped his rifle while swiming wink_o.gif I like the idea of heli drowning into sea instead of explosion as it is made in many games but we should have big splash when it hits the surface smile_o.gif ohhh and the fuel thing tounge2.gif

Keep'em coming Shadak ! thumbs-up.gif

modding such things that have already been implimented in games for many years.

You do understand that the many, many amazing things that the OFP/ArmA engine has in it are not found in other games, right? Or are you just ignoring that and assuming that since Game X has such-and-such feature (but lacks a ton of things that OFP/ArmA has), ArmA should have it, too?

There are only so many man-hours in a development cycle.

lol, i wonder if there will be an addon with shit on the units nose, after its been kissing ass ?

Just to back up Sith on this, I made this short video of GC version to show that first person shadows are in fact cast on the model. Also, I'm not too keen on believing that it's the bug in the soldier model, but a bug with the building model. Also, I'm not sure of this, but I think on lower shadow detail settings, some shadows do not render on models.

God damned shadows working correctly

@bravo6:

Now, also if you "ask for something", especially in the tone you usually do, does not mean someone is going to fulfill it. Also, as trivial the trigger finger was, it was not something that was crucial to the gameplay, I think it was just very easy for someone at BIS to implement it, so they went with it. That little gesture on BI side was all the fuel you needed to become the bitching machine you are now.

Now, this will probably earn me a PR, but someone needed to say it eventually.