Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Nice vids as always, Shadak. Much appreciated. It's strange to think that they went to the point of including finger animations but we still retain the static fixed gun positions from OFP. Still, I can live with that.

How about some more vids of the AI, Shadak? Perhaps some video of flying? There's been a lot of talk about that lately, maybe you could enlighten us?

I guess I wouldnt mind that much during a fight smile_o.gif. Didnt have time to make any other vids though. But im getting a sickness day tomorrow so I'll have more time.

Static fixed gun? Their shoulder moves with the recoil,only reason they put the finger animations in there was to probably please the the community. Three or so pages of bickering over it icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]This effect is certainly going to add to the immersion factor. Thanks for the videos Shadak thumbs-up.gif

yeh it was a very good addage to ofp especially at night with some traceage.

what it was in ofp

here

It's strange to think that they went to the point of including finger animations but we still retain the static fixed gun positions from OFP.

The .50 and the M134 look great though.

Personally I think its down to damn lazyness, having a holding animation SUCH as bf2 would have been great and could have been used with all mounted weapons on helicopters, tanks, light vehicles etc.

Hell I saw great movement in BlackHawkDown, that games as old as OFP...

crazy_o.gif

Scroll down a bit, hit "download." It's in the middle of the screen as you go down.

yeah i did it, thanks.

thats what i feared.. no animations about holding the MG in hummer..ARF

sad_o.gif

Guys, the game is so huge that we cant blame BIS for lack of some details at first release, it propably gona bi fixed in one of patches. Enjoy the most realistic tac shoter and close you eye for some imperfections, im sure this game gona have long and effective support from BIS, just point them things like that and im sure they'll fix it.

I liked the feel of the MI17 in OFP it felt like it should big and heavy! That new vid made it look like it was an R/C model!

Heavy things move slowly/turn slowly it's called inertia! I just hope BIS hasn't turned flying into arcade just to please the noobs! sad_o.gif

Also when a big chopper goes down it makes a big splash! .... I understand that all crew members were rescued from that Chinook!

Also rotors are fragile and will not survive striking even water without breaking up let alone trees! .... Let’s wait and see!

Quote[/b] ]his Ch-46 Seaknight accident happened Dec. 9, 1999 with 18 people on board, crashed while attempting to land on the Navy tanker PECOS during a training exercise. The chopper's landing gear apparently snagged a metal safety net and the helicopter flipped over into the water and sank. Eleven Marines were rescued by SEALS on two nearby boats. But six Marines and a sailor drowned, their bodies recovered later from the sunken wreckage by an unmanned submersible vehicle.

RIP

Yeap...shame to die that way....and people please learn to identify your vehicles :\

Is it just me, or is the noise of the rifle heard before the crack? You'd hear the crack first because the bullet is moving a couple times the speed of sound.

Yeah that's what I thought. Was wondering why people were talking about hearing the 'crack' before the discharge huh.gif

Wierd. Playing the first shootout video, at the begining you hear the crack before the rifle fire. After that, they get drowned out, which is cool. smile_o.gif

Yeah that's what I thought. Was wondering why people were talking about hearing the 'crack' before the discharge  huh.gif

Maybe there are some challenges make it hard to create this effect.

BIS oughta send their montage video to gametrailers.com. Their US forces trailer generated a bit of interest there.

I bet ya the crack timing issue has to do with the firing time and range. It seems to me a short range to the camera flips the sounds. There are other vids where the cracks are perfect to my inexperienced ear. smile_o.gif

I've downloaded the movie but I can't see anything (codec related I dunno) Screens are stunning tho

After watching the bullet penetration video, it seems that the bullet-hit effects on metal surfaces are either not present or Shadak had turned them off by some in-game setting to get better performance. I hope it is the second option.

I would like realistic bullet-hit effects, like REALISTIC LEVELS OF SPARKS OR DUST AND BULLET HOLES, when bullets hit surfaces, because it creates a lot of immersion during firefights. An in-game option, to turn off the effects, for players with lower end pcs, would be the ideal option. The eye-hit video, on the other hand, shows a realistic bullet hole.

Another thing that I did not hear is -- SEPARATE BULLET-HIT SOUNDS when they hit the surface. ( There is only the gun-firing sound ). I may have missed it but it is probably not present in the video. This separate sound also adds a lot of immersion in firefights.

This game is of such a large magnitude, and BIS has given us so many realistic features, that we cannot complain if a couple are missing. I am just pointing it out so that it maybe added by a later patch or in some mods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ysmZL_mlU

Mi-17 in action. At about 1:10 into the video, you can witness the Hip banking. Notice how the airframe is subjected to the centrifugal force that pulls it away from the centre of its rotation. This is a physical phenoma that is now, at last, reflected in the OFP chopper's flight model. This is infinitely more realistic, and of huge benefit to the chopper enthusiast. I can't see a problem with it, to be honest.

EDIT: RE: Shashman - really? OFP's chopper flight model is generally regarded as completely inaccurate, but I'll bow to your friend's first hand experience on this one.

LOL. I think what you're seeing is the pilot banking the helicopter. The change in the angle of its rotars changes the angle of the force of lift relative to the force of gravity, causing the helicopter to turn. Your explanation is priceless, though, and I'm not being sardonic.

You want realistic sparks? There they are. Stuff doesn't spark when you shoot it with small arms in real life. Ta-da! tounge2.gif

Bullets holes would be nice. That's just icing, though, nothing that you'd realy notice in a game of ArmA scale.

OFP has bullet hit sounds. Since ArmA is an advanvement on OFP, I'm assuming the reason you can't hear the hits is because of the "HDR audio." Rifles are LOUD. When there are weapons firing nearby you hear very little. You'd only hear the hit if you're far enough away from the shooter (or behind him). This is also realistic. I'm fairly sure you can hear some misses land near the observer in that bullet sound movie.

Quote[/b] ]his Ch-46 Seaknight accident happened Dec. 9, 1999 with 18 people on board, crashed while attempting to land on the Navy tanker PECOS during a training exercise. The chopper's landing gear apparently snagged a metal safety net and the helicopter flipped over into the water and sank. Eleven Marines were rescued by SEALS on two nearby boats. But six Marines and a sailor drowned, their bodies recovered later from the sunken wreckage by an unmanned submersible vehicle.

Thanks for that info! .... My bad research!   wink_o.gif