Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

nice videos :0

but in first video , rather than return to formation , could you try each soldier to a point. like unit1 top of stairs unit 2 in that room unit 3 up stars and in other room.

in ofp you would move through building and press f1 and then point mouse and left click to where you want soldier in building.

Ok here's the 1st vid od me trying to convince my team to check the building... apperantly they thought going around was a better idea smile_o.gif - http://www.filefactory.com/file/a85daf/

EDIT: 2nd one - they like the other building although walking up the stairs seems to be the prob.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/f19a68/

ha <s>shit!</s> DAMN! as you can see and confirm there is no shadow in the arms and weapon while the 1st person view is active.

when he enter the house hes arm don't become darker in consequence of a shadow. Looks like hes on the open catching some sun. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

FORCK! band.gif

I guess Armed Assault is just OFP with better graphics.

I just cant accept that they'll use the same engine for Game 2.

i start to feel the same thing. Even the graphics are not even finished!

sorry but i have to express my desapointment.

edit: i also say good things and bad things. It was asked to improve the shadows and especific the 1st person view and nothing happened so far. Maybe in future patch.

i'm glad they did or it wouldnt be ofp2 , but i know what u mean...anyway why's everyone bothered so much about the way the ai behaves , after we've played the campaign we're all gonna be playin mp and with the addons e.t.c

to me it is like bis did not make it apart from the island , everything else look like they kidnapped some people from forums and made them make it.

bas helos and csla vehicles with flickering graphics and maybe offtime soldier models in a new engine .

i am also very dissapointed , but will give final judgement in q1 2007.

Actually it's related to the fact we tried to use a workaround but that caused other problems so we had to leave it as it was because we ran out of time, hopefully it will be resolved by the time of the EU/UK version and patched for the Eastern version.

Personally I think its down to damn lazyness

Seeing as you apparently hold us in such contempt and disrespect why would you want to be part of our community? If you think people here are lazy then you have no comprehension of the insane hours the people on the development team had to work, day after day, weekend as well with no breaks, the comment you made is an insult to them.

Geeze. Stop acting like the little details are the end of the world. There are so many big improvements to see. huh.gif

Actually it's related to the fact we tried to use a workaround but that caused other problems so we had to leave it as it was because we ran out of time, hopefully it will be resolved by the time of the EU/UK version and patched for the Eastern version.
Personally I think its down to damn lazyness

Seeing as you apparently hold us in such contempt and disrespect why would you want to be part of our community? If you think people here are lazy then you have no comprehension of the insane hours the people on the development team had to work, day after day, weekend as well with no breaks, the comment you made is an insult to them.

2 years into to makin a game give'm a break game already exceeds my expectations, nice job BIS!!

You know, I never would have noticed the arm/shadows thing if you hadn't have pointed it out, but now I've noticed it does seem like a huge thing to have missed, especially considering that the shadows DO act upon the models in third person - so why not first person?

BUT - before we start destroying BIS, look at it this way. The screens we got of ArmA 5 or so months ago made it look like a barely upgraded OFP. Go and take a look at the comparison screenshot in the Photography thread. This game has come on in leaps and bounds. Had we been playing it 5 months ago, THEN it would have been OFP with better graphics. It is obvious that most of the development time has gone into refining and upgrading the rendering of the game - hell, this game was developed in a very short amount of time. In the last 2 or so months we've had swimming included, new flight model, 3D ironsights... This is a game where improvements are being made all the time, and they are improvements the player will feel in the gameplay, not just in the graphics.

There's a tendency to ignore what HAS been improved and included in favour of glaring omissions. For example, the AI, while improved, still looks temperamental. The hands on the fixed emplacements? Lack of decals on scenery? The 'burned' UAZ? But I ask you to go and look at the game mid way through development and then look at it now, and pay close attention to these 2 months. Things have really picked up and I'm confident that BIS will improve things further.

Is my relentless optimism grating yet? Probably. But if it wasn't for the great track record of BIS and the acceleration of development in these past few months, then I wouldn't even open my mouth.

What exactly are you referring to? The rusty/burntout UAZ or one of Bravo 6's gazillion complaints?

Cheers for the videos again,Shadak.

Very Very nice of you. If you ever get the time to make a video of AI's in a forrest or a tank-battle vs Inf (to see if they use range and if the infantry actually trys to dissappear if they have no AT),I would very much appreciate it again.

That is if the graphic-whores on this forum don't flood you with requests. "OMGz0r The shadow on the finger animation when sitting in a blackhawk makes this game unbearable!!!"

And Bravo6,you just made my day biggrin_o.gif .

And Placebo , it might help in the future if the devs stop living in their cave and open themselves to more than a handful loyal VBS customers. smile_o.gif . But what do I know,I am not a modeller artist.

Edit: I might add that I still don't believe all this eye-candy crap you work ages on to get into game makes it sell that much better. As you see,they will never stop. A Linux Dedicated server on the other hand. Much more useful usage of dev time

What exactly are you referring to? The rusty/burntout UAZ or one of Bravo 6's gazillion complaints?

I believe that he is talking about the arms moving with the MG instead of static like they are in the current version.

Quote[/b] ]Seeing as you apparently hold us in such contempt and disrespect why would you want to be part of our community? If you think people here are lazy then you have no comprehension of the insane hours the people on the development team had to work, day after day, weekend as well with no breaks, the comment you made is an insult to them.

Wrong, I respect the community utmost and I didnt call anyone here lazy...Sure I respect the Insane amount of work that gets put into the games but forgive me for getting pissed off that it seems like a step-back in time when I see such a detail missed.

This community has been the hardest and most dedicated one Ive ever known yet when they get a game im sure they dont expect to spend hours modding such things that have already been implimented in games for many years.

So Thats all I got to say, about that.

smile_o.gif

just had to say did anyone notice the way the sunlight came through the windows on the first floor of that building in the second video, looked really good, i dont know how anyone is dissapointed, i have been very pleased with all the footage i've seen over the past couple of days and i've downloaded nearly half a gig of video! loving the movement of the soldiers, nice and smooth with the weapon up, very nice!

Just keep up great work. Thanks a lot for you dedication! I imagine how hard it is to work, when you have limited resources and time, but also don't forget to listen to the community smile_o.gif

P.S. Just watched rustycar video... it's really awful and I don't like that hitpoint system, when you shoot, for example, 60 bullets at the tire and car explodes (OPF), same here... tounge2.gif

sorry but i have to express my desapointment.

Every second post on this board features Bravo6 expressing his disappointment, over and over. Show some restraint.

Loads of new videos here in high quality:

http://www.utw-squad.net/main.php

Makes the masses of petty complaints seem nonsensical when you see these!

well you could say that or you could say , here comes the community to the rescue again. its a shame bis pr couldnt advertise

arma like that , maybe then we wouldnt have to comment on half truths and low res vids.

Heh, wrong thread. Sorry.

But to comment on the heli video; It should be more bulky. But if a cobra or apache acted like that it'd atleast be plausible to some extent.

Cheers for the videos again,Shadak.

Very Very nice of you. If you ever get the time to make a video of AI's in a forrest or a tank-battle vs Inf (to see if they use range and if the infantry actually trys to dissappear if they have no AT),I would very much appreciate it again.

That is if the graphic-whores on this forum don't flood you with requests. "OMGz0r The shadow on the finger animation when sitting in a blackhawk makes this game unbearable!!!"

And Bravo6,you just made my day biggrin_o.gif .

And Placebo , it might help in the future if the devs stop living in their cave and open themselves to more than a handful loyal VBS customers. smile_o.gif . But what do I know,I am not a modeller artist.

Edit: I might add that I still don't believe all this eye-candy crap you work ages on to get into game makes it sell that much better. As you see,they will never stop. A Linux Dedicated server on the other hand. Much more useful usage of dev time

I didnt forget all the requests. I just dont have the time needed. Wish I could capture all the stuff you guys mention smile_o.gif But I'll find some time eventually.

I think you could say that. You could also say that because the game is to all intents and purposes 'unfinished', they might be saving the wider release of media for when the game is released on a wider scale?

We already have a wide variety of official trailers that show the game in some depth. Most of our concerns as fans, who are probably going to buy the game anyway, are being satisfied with user videos. Most of the concerns we have probably don't matter in the same degree to the average consumer/target audience of this game.

That doesn't mean that BIS are releasing enough media - it's just an explanation as to why they are not.

For those of you who hail the missing first person shadow in the previously posted movie as a rider of the apocalypse, and casus belli against ArmA and BIS in general ...

It seems to be just a small bug in that particular model.

lol. i say good things and bad things!

i do express my joy and sadness while i see new videos come out.

I already told in forums (maybe some missed) but this game will be the best!

IT JUST IS, right now.. even with bugs and those stupid/silly missing errors, its the best game out! and will be on my computer for long years as OFP was.

when you reach a point of Good Development you sure want to improve other aspects.

im just demonstrating i selt sad when i saw those small effects missing because i refered in the forum months after the game turn gold.

As said it will be improved with patch. (No problem)

I want to say and i hope all read this:

GO BIS!! YOU HAVE DONE AN EXCELENT AND GREAT JOB!!

COMMUNITY LOVE YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!

KEEP IT UP THE GOOD JOB!

CHEERS, and all Respect

b6

For those of you who hail the missing first person shadow in the previously posted movie as a rider of the apocalypse, and casus belli against ArmA and BIS in general ...

It seems to be just a small bug in that particular model.

what you mean with that particular model?

can you please express better so all understand?

edit: ups double posts, sorry confused_o.gif