Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

I've downloaded the movie but I can't see anything (codec related I dunno) Screens are stunning tho

To watch those uTw videos (the .avi ones) u need the latest FRAPS version.

Go to fraps.com and get it from there, its free and an small dl.

I know, I have fraps 2.8.1 (retail) and I can see the video's but the framerate is 0-1 fps.

Regarding the holding of the mounted gun in the blackhawk, why is there still no animation showing that the hands stick and move with the gun. If ArmA strives for realism as a combat sim then how am i going to feel immersed when my hands are locked infront of me, and a gun is operating itself so many inches away from my actual grasp. Before anyone replies to this i would like to point out that;

1. This should be hard coded into the game(unlikely patchable)

2. There is no reason for them not to hold the gun

3. Older games have used this as the most basic and essential animation.

and lastly for 2/3 years of development i think it should have been a feature in this game.

Sure theres bits here and there but i think this is quite important.

primary objectives: Improve AI, invisible walls, game play, improve Lag

secondary objectives: Graphics, animations.

its fair enough to me that they don't focus on those animations.

as they said: "if we going to make the game as we want to the game would be ready in 2010 or more."

UTW-Squad.net released an HD vid.

You see more @ Armed-Assault.net:

http://armed-assault.net/news/utw-squad-movies.html

this really pisses my off,

web sites that need to register to download a single video, i call them crap!

can't download the video. (#download)

Relax Barvo-6 biggrin_o.gif

Why dont you get it from Armaholic.com.

From us you can download everything you want without registrating.

I think they focused mostly on gameplay, not on visual effects.

When you are in actual firefight in game, you will forget about your hands, which are not actually holding MG, reloading animation, swaying trees, high quality textures, and which shader model actually used to draw that grass and trees smile_o.gif

Where? You can download it without! registration.

Did you try it out?

I think no... wink_o.gif

Here is the downloadpage, please try it out, before posting such accusations.

Did you try it out?

I think no... wink_o.gif

The download system for Armed-Assault.net never works for me, when I click download it just goes to a blank white page and does nothing. Why don't you just link straight to the video file on that page?

After watching the bullet penetration video, it seems that the bullet-hit effects on metal surfaces are either not present or Shadak had turned them off by some in-game setting to get better performance. I hope it is the second option.

I would like realistic bullet-hit effects, like REALISTIC LEVELS OF SPARKS OR DUST AND BULLET HOLES, when bullets hit surfaces, because it creates a lot of immersion during firefights. An in-game option, to turn off the effects, for players with lower end pcs, would be the ideal option. The eye-hit video, on the other hand, shows a realistic bullet hole.

Another thing that I did not hear is -- SEPARATE BULLET-HIT SOUNDS when they hit the surface. ( There is only the gun-firing sound ). I may have missed it but it is probably not present in the video. This separate sound also adds a lot of immersion in firefights.

This game is of such a large magnitude, and BIS has given us so many realistic features, that we cannot complain if a couple are missing. I am just pointing it out so that it maybe added by a later patch or in some mods.

I have everything enabled including the gore on max smile_o.gif The bullet holes are not present. Certain materials just change texture when you hit them enough... Like when you're firing at the car, it just changes to "rusty" texture. I'll post a vid today.

primary objectives: Improve AI, invisible walls, game play, improve Lag

secondary objectives: Graphics, animations.

its fair enough to me that they don't focus on those animations.

as they said: "if we going to make the game as we want to the game would be ready in 2010 or more."

Said the guy who argued for an animated trigger finger.

But yeah, I bet the magic hands won't bother you anymore after you play the Armed Assault for a while. You'll just accept it as one of its minor rough edges.

As ever, thank you for the video.

Shadak, would you mind posting some footage of flight or the AI in action? I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.

As ever, thank you for the video.

Shadak, would you mind posting some footage of flight or the AI in action? I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.

Okies, will try that now smile_o.gif

Here's a small example. - http://www.filefactory.com/file/594708/

Ohhh, that is not very nice sad_o.gif .

I have a small question about the damage system..

In OPF the damage you inflicted on a vehicle would pass to its ocupants, meaning you could hurt the ocupants of a car by firing at its wheels, is it still like this?

I believe that in this installment, it just makes the occupants inexplicably rust in place.

Like the rusty canvas top of that jeep. tounge2.gif

Did you try it out?

I think no... wink_o.gif

The download system for Armed-Assault.net never works for me, when I click download it just goes to a blank white page and does nothing. Why don't you just link straight to the video file on that page?

We need some means of protection from direct linking. Also no one ever reported any problems before.

It would be great if you could give me details about your OS and browser via pm. I'd gladly fix the problem if I could reproduce it somehow.

Shadak, could you make a video with lots and lots of units fighting each other. I am curious at to how many units you can stuff in effectively, without reasonable detectable lag.

After watching the bullet penetration video, it seems that the bullet-hit effects on metal surfaces are either not present or Shadak had turned them off by some in-game setting to get better performance. I hope it is the second option.

I would like realistic bullet-hit effects, like REALISTIC LEVELS OF SPARKS OR DUST AND BULLET HOLES, when bullets hit surfaces, because it creates a lot of immersion during firefights. An in-game option, to turn off the effects, for players with lower end pcs, would be the ideal option. The eye-hit video, on the other hand, shows a realistic bullet hole.

Another thing that I did not hear is -- SEPARATE BULLET-HIT SOUNDS when they hit the surface. ( There is only the gun-firing sound ). I may have missed it but it is probably not present in the video. This separate sound also adds a lot of immersion in firefights.

This game is of such a large magnitude, and BIS has given us so many realistic features, that we cannot complain if a couple are missing. I am just pointing it out so that it maybe added by a later patch or in some mods.

I have everything enabled including the gore on max smile_o.gif The bullet holes are not present.  Certain materials just change texture when you hit them enough... Like when you're firing at the car, it just changes to "rusty" texture. I'll post a vid today.

Shadak, thanks for the clarification.   smile_o.gif

I have a question for you -- have you seen the AI strafe or lean in any place, because, in all the videos I have seen, there are no sideways movements by the AI ?

Shadak thanks for the clarification. smile_o.gif

I have a question for you -- have you seen the AI strafe or lean in any place, because, in all the videos I have seen, there are no sideways movements by the AI ?

I saw soldiers leaning sometimes but not much tbh. I'll take a screenshot when I see it again:)

Shadak thanks for the clarification.   smile_o.gif

I saw soldiers leaning sometimes but not much tbh. I'll take a screenshot when I see it again:)

Thanks for the quick reply. smile_o.gif But have you seen any side-stepping or strafing by the AIs to move to the side as the player does ? In the videos, the AIs turn and then move forward.

Shadak, thank you ever so much for the video of the AI. Again, it is great to see the AI in action, particularly in CQB. Some notes:

* The AI seems unafraid to use nades to flush, even when they do not know exactly where the enemy is (just their general proximity).

* On both the US and OPFOR sides, the lead soldier seems to get prone in advance of the rest of the unit to cover the corner, while the rest of the unit loops around for a better angle on the enemy.

* Notice how the rest of the US unit moves towards the left to better cover the corner from a distance.

* We see the perils of inadequate spacing in the squad - one hand grenade takes out half the US squad!