Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

penetration video is suppose to show us what?! more bugs? possibilities to cheat?

leaders can cheat now.. they will be able to see trough that fence?

ARF!!! thought old OFP bugs were fixeD! mad_o.gif

notice the green tag! arf arf arf!!!!

edit:

this is suppose to show us what? demolition? if we destroy all city where will we hide when CQB?

ARF! banghead.gifbanghead.gif

The penetration video shows us exactly that - BULLET penetration. A corrigated iron sheet does not stop a high powered rifle round at point blank range. It goes STRAIGHT through. It's not cheating, or a bug. It is a realistic game feature.

The green tag can also be disabled! Check it out:

http://www.6thsense.eu/gallery/showimage.php?i=6756&c=14

Friendly + Enemy Tag can be disabled in the difficulty options menu.

less bad then smile_o.gif

what about the bullet holes in the fence? hihi

idea: fire forever in that fence and it will be undamaged

Penetration is a great feature which lots of socalled realistic shoters lacks. Thx god we have it in ArmA.

Dont worry Bravo, You wount have enough explosives to destroy all city tounge2.gif I like posibility to destroy buildings but leveled house should leave much more rumble (enough for a entire squad to find solid cover IMHO) and the dust cloud should stay longer, i hope BIS will fix it.

this is suppose to show us what? demolition? if we destroy all city where will we hide when CQB?

ARF!

Actually, this is much better.

In the real world, if someone is fortified in a house, they will quite often call in an airstrike, artillery or a tank to totally demolish the house.

Now that houses destroy (ok, its not perfect, but its a start) no where is safe for the punkass camper wink_o.gif

(P.S. there are plenty of videos on google and youtube demonstrating this)

Have to admit, the lack of bullet holes in the fence is a little disappointing BUT imagine if you could put decals in ANY surface of the game, and with all the rifle rounds flying around in the game, it would most likely grind your PC to a halt.

It's certainly not something I would hold as a complaint about the game. How anyone can watch the latest videos and have any complaints is beyond me!

Penetration is a great feature which lots of socalled realistic shoters lacks. Thx god we have it in ArmA.

Dont worry Bravo, You wount have enough explosives to destroy all city tounge2.gif I like posibility to destroy buildings but leveled house should leave much more rumble (enough for a entire squad to find solid cover IMHO) and the dust cloud should stay longer, i hope BIS will fix it.

hope?! in a future patch?

some versions are gold!

crazy_o.gif

hope?! in a future patch?

some versions are gold!

crazy_o.gif

BI have already said that the "gold" version for the 505 region is likely to be v1.1/2 or so, the JRC and Morphicon regions will be brought up to that level with patches. The very same thing happened for OFP.

Jeeze Bravo 6! Cut down on the coffee! :P

They (BIS) have already said countless times that they will continue to improve upon the game in the form of additional patches. This includes such things as wildlife and making the harrier VTOL capable....

- dRb

I was talking about the patch of course, polish release is within 11 days and i hope that game is gold atm. Can wait for this (and other) thing to be fixed in patches , i want that friggin game ! crazy_o.gif

ok, thx.

im less worried now smile_o.gif

i agree with your points aswell.

and i believe those patch will be payed no? or free?

Well, traditionally the patches have been free. When the EU release of OFP occured in July, there were numerous patches released to update the game, containing new missions (at least 4), new units (Apache, Kiowa etc.), new features (joystick support...) and bug fixes (to 1.2). 1.2 was the US release in September, and the game was continuously updated following that up to 1.46 (including the addition of laser targeting). 1.46 was the last version of vanilla Flashpoint until Resistance came out, which updated the game to version 1.55, I believe, and changed much of the core game. Resistance, being a proper expansion pack, obviously cost money to buy - it contained a new campaign and a complete overhaul of the game (for example, pistols were added and you could change the viewdistance up to 5km - along with lots of other neat stuff). Following that, any patches (up to the latest, 1.96) were free and were bugfixes, and occasionally added more features.

SO! In short - BIS are committed to providing lots of FREE updates and bugfixes to their games. You can be assured of the fact that any advancements made to the game in time for the main release in 2007 are made available as FREE patches to bring the game up to date. This will probably mean additional content as well as bug fixes.

The a.i. doesnt seem so diferent to me, is it me or did they TK their team leader? Nice garbage containers anyway tounge2.gif .

And now i guess what that 4 bullet icon is for, to take, pass and/or share ammo? Is it possible to share ammo with other players without dropping it on the ground?

ok, thank you very much for clarefying me that smile_o.gif

i was starting to panic. hihi thumbs-up.gif

Is it just me, or is this forum a 'glass half empty' type of place?!

They did NOT TK their leader! He was felled by a three round burst from the US forces in the distance. The reason it looks strange is because he doesn't drop until his replacing binoculars animation finished. He is actually killed at 3 seconds into the video. He collapses at 7 seconds. By the time the OPFOR open fire - he's already dead. The US forces are the first to open fire (at 3 seconds into the video), and the first to draw blood.

Is a tendency to assume the worst a regular trait in you guys?

Even if he was killed by frendly fire ( he wasn't) so what ? ff is a common thing during tense urban firefights.

Lets try to keep this place in "glass half full" spirit though wink_o.gif

I love how smart the AI is!! They cover eachother while moving. Also you can hear them shout statements and commands AWESOME!!!

Video mirrored on youtube thanks shadak

Quote[/b] ]

They did NOT TK their leader! He was felled by a three round burst from the US forces in the distance.

Hmm... you're right. wink_o.gif

No supressive fire? I was really looking forward to seeing the AI use it.

Amazing. Well coded, and I guess we can thank some very great coders and there experience from VBS1/VBS2 for that. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]

They did NOT TK their leader! He was felled by a three round burst from the US forces in the distance.

Bring me memories of OFP 1.00-1.20 , in which the AI never really checked if a friendly was in its line of sight, when it was aiming at an enemy.

Countless times i died due to my own squad AI shooting me in the back biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Bring me memories of OFP 1.00-1.20 , in which the AI never really checked if a friendly was in its line of sight, when it was aiming at an enemy.

Countless times i died due to my own squad AI shooting me in the back biggrin_o.gif

Let that be a lesson, then: it's a bad idea to walk in front of a loaded gun!

Thank you for the AI videos.

They prove BIS implemented the buddy-system at least. If that should prove to work in combat is another thing. Then again, I bet those routines are defined as by the FSM file , so we probably can change that via that lovely FSM-editor if we want.

The AI still seems to lack fast reactions , which will be its most likely cause of death. AI doesn't need to calculate 10mins what fancy move to use to get to the next bush or rotate 3 times by itself to find the perfect angle to shoot the enemy at,they need to hit the deck and then possibly think what FSM to use biggrin_o.gif.

As an industrial logic programmer, I know I'm eager to tweak and rearrainge my poor IA's.. poor poor lab rats! band.gif

Will be neat to see what is possible. Thanks BIS for opening up this wonderful engine! yay.gifinlove.gif