Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Its new for me, and

Quote[/b] ]if the AI don't know exactly where you are once they know you're in the general area they will use indirect suppressive fire to keep you pinned down.

Sounds great!  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]sheep will tend to herd together but run away randomly when startled.

Sheep?  wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The 64-group limit for soldiers has been abolished, now it's possible to have thousands of soldiers in the same mission at the same time.
Quote[/b] ]Even the extent to which the game can be modded has been improved, for example our extensive AI in both characters and ambient life uses an FSM system which can be modified meaning that it's possible for the community to modify or even create new artificial intelligence behaviours.

And i could quote the complete AI question/answer and much much more here but this interview is a must read biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Even the extent to which the game can be modded has been improved, for example our extensive AI in both characters and ambient life uses an FSM system which can be modified meaning that it's possible for the community to modify or even create new artificial intelligence behaviours.

Hmmm new "AI" to create zombie-AI? yay.gif Hehehe.

when bis release dmeo, i say every1 go out and promote it guys! For every site and every people you know who might want to play it or buy it. smile_o.gif

Hell i know i am, i know a clan of about 200 people just on there forums who play Cod2.. Big Clan.. i know them well i got them interested on some early ArmA pics so if a demo is released ill be straight there to promote a demo lol biggrin_o.gif i even got some of them into playing flashpoint.

Hmmm new "AI" to create zombie-AI? yay.gif Hehehe.

ambient life aswell?

So in theory we can make a black& &white mod and play with a turtle? tounge2.gif

suppresive fire, bounding overwatch, finding cover! AI sound much better.

brilliant!

can't wait too buy this! online because dvd's scratch.

You had me at AI, you had me at A I inlove.gif

That article has got me really excited now. Enemies gauge their travel route by how safe - that could lead to corralling them into an ambush pistols.gif

Maruk have been here very often latelly, i hope hes not shocked about the thing we say here about ARMA.

Will the Official demo have the same quality in terms of graphics and performance (optimization) of the Gold version?

Are there many things to improve and fix? smile_o.gif

ty

i would think so otherwise it would discourage people

bootneckofficer

You had me at AI, you had me at A I inlove.gif

That article has got me really excited now. Enemies gauge their travel route by how safe - that could lead to corralling them into an ambush pistols.gif

I'm looking forward to the AI flanking capabilities. sounds challenging thumbs-up.gif

How long do u guys think it's gonna take for some1 to make a sheep addon with satchels attached wink_o.gif

*** Oh look at that cute lamb .... BUUUUM!!! ***

How long do u guys think it's gonna take for some1 to make a sheep addon with satchels attached wink_o.gif

*** Oh look at that cute lamb .... BUUUUM!!! ***

Dynamic Mission - Terrorist Sheep

Some sheep have gone mad and are blowing themselves up in public places to overthrow the government. Your mission is to seperate the terrorist sheep sheep from the normal ones and stop them. tounge2.gif

I think dslyecxi will be happy with this one:

Quoting this page of BIS Community Wiki:

Quote[/b] ]Advanced sound phenomenon modelling, including speed of sound delay and supersonic bullet effects

I think dslyecxi will be happy with this one:

Quoting this page of BIS Community Wiki:

Quote[/b] ]Advanced sound phenomenon modelling, including speed of sound delay and supersonic bullet effects

Well that's promising, but we have yet to hear it in any of the videos. huh.gif

*EDIT*

Sniperwolf572, god damn I hope your right.

Missed that one, sounds awesome biggrin_o.gif

It's because Suma added it yesterday. Finally we can enjoy crack in ArmA. wink_o.gif

this game will be The Greatest Thing and in other hand The Worst Thing that happened to OFP fans! smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Finally we can enjoy crack in ArmA. wink_o.gif

and just what do you mean by "crack" biggrin_o.gif taking a hit while playing never crossed my mind wink_o.gif

I was sceptic when i first heard about AA... And today i have to officially announce that i just reached point "buy on sight" smile_o.gif

this game will be The Greatest Thing and in other hand The Worst Thing that happened to OFP fans! smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Indeed. "Hey the games out!" "Damn there goes my life."