Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

That was beautiful! smile_o.gif

They've got new models for the pilot. I guess the place holders have been removed. They've also enhanced the Editor slightly (i think) though you can't tell much from the video. The mission briefing looks a lot pretier though the Strategic overlay (the red and blue arrows) give it a certain Je ne c'est quois.

yummy yummy yummy. It only gets better and better!

Low light out

I can only say: wow!!!!! I am looking forward to see the game in high quality with my PC.

Thanks a lot for the latest infos!

Hey,

I emailed JJ From IDEA Games concerning the Czech version of ArmA. This is the response about language.

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

Czech version will have English voices, but all texts will be in Czech.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

Have you all seen THIS?

wow. new to me.

Edit: saw the last bits as a seperate vid... older stuff confused_o.gif

new short movie from ARMA (INVEX)

latest version!!!

short movie - flying isn´t easy

some screens and article

whistle.gif

looks like piloting will be harder..

notice chopper control panel, nothing there..

hope more info comes from that EXPO. Game looks more realistic..

edit:

Have you all seen THIS? (23,5 MB, 5mins 22sec)

wow. new to me

haven't see that before biggrin_o.gif thx

IF you bravo havn't seen it yet, then i probobly havn't! dl-ing now!

EDIT: Wow shows the size of a huge city! still watching, good stuff!

EDIT2: Looks like the very end is a clip that we've already seen but all in all great vid!

IF you bravo havn't seen it yet, then i probobly havn't! dl-ing now!

EDIT: Wow shows the size of a huge city! still watching, good stuff!

well i recognize the last minuts/part somehow.. confused_o.gif

i think the last video link (23,5 MB, 5mins 22sec) is like 1 or 2 months old.

But i havent seen it just remember the last part, when the smoke effect became news.

Though we can see how big the citys are and it looks really impressive. even the realism of it

Yeah it is an old vid guys, it came out a few weeks ago if I remember right.

And cheers for the info on the Czech version Hurley wink_o.gif

And then look at the guys shooting the chopper and leaning randomly possibly due to the fact they couldnt find the entry spot, and then proceeding to get in the helo and double the speed maybe due to impatience only to fly 20metres and crash upside down rofl.gif

Reminds me of this one game...

Hey,

I emailed JJ From IDEA Games concerning the Czech version of ArmA. This is the response about language.

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

Czech version will have English voices, but all texts will be in Czech.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

Yes great job there but still nobody says how we will get a Czech release. tell me and ill treat you as a God. Where can we order this from?? is this so hard to say?huh.gif

I remember my first time trying to fly a helo in ofp. I didnt look at how to fly and i got in started it up accidently moved a little bit backwards, my tail hit the ground the helicopter flipped over and exploded. Ah memories.

I remember my first time trying to fly a helo in ofp. I didnt look at how to fly and i got in started it up accidently moved a little bit backwards, my tail hit the ground the helicopter flipped over and exploded. Ah memories.

What has this got to do with this topic or anyother.

What has this got to do with this topic or anyother.
And then look at the guys shooting the chopper and leaning randomly possibly due to the fact they couldnt find the entry spot, and then proceeding to get in the helo and double the speed maybe due to impatience only to fly 20metres and crash upside down  rofl.gif

Reminds me of this one game...

That ^

It really is pretty painful seeing videos like these - knuckleheads getting their hands on the press demo before the public demo release.

i got very nice talk today on INVEX-DIGITEX with Jan Hovora from BIS about Armed Assault and Game 2 etc. smile_o.gif

well don't know where to start rofl.gif

first bit sad news not everything everyone hopes for (like DynamicDestruction of buildings due huge perf hit) was implemented (yet)

into Armed Assault and it's unlikely to be there before first deadlines due actual release dates ...

it's always battle of priorities and time remaining to release

but that not mean these can't appear in future patches/updates (yay) ...

build shown on Invex was quite fresh - still with some glitches left but overall quite stable (saw no crash while it ran on 2-3 computers there for several hours)

small issues with texture loading after long gameplay but that will be fixed ...

good news came for modders as tons of features "not yet in" can be done by them smile_o.gif (like weapon resting, deploy etc.)

also these who crying about 3D IS there is no reason to cry at all smile_o.gif

features way too demanding for CPU/GPU will be in game2 where engine take full advantage of multicore, 64bit etc.  

discussed also game anticheat methods so yes they are there and improved against old OFPR

ton of info was discussed to be fair ... this is just fast excerpt

in summary i see no reason to drop my preorder  notworthy.gif

That capital paraiso or whatever, thas huge. theres gonna be hiding and ambush spots all over that. hehehe the trees have roots. i was here like maybe 24 hours ago and so much info has come out, this game is getting bigger and better and bigger and better. i think id better go sit down yay.gifgoodnight.gifinlove.gif

Some info from czech visitors of Digitex:

When you fall down into water, the soldier throw off everything what he has, except pistol (if he has). (So he probably can swim biggrin_o.gif)

You can ride over debris of demolished house.

BI also presented vid from VBS2. There's also island which is about 6000 square km big.

omg sweet news with the swiming even if it means you will drop your good weapons, biggrin_o.gif lol i can see it happening in arma the movie behind enemy lines.. tounge2.gif pilot lands in water and has only gun and rest of the ground forces hurry to pick him up before the enemies does. some tense stuff that could turn out to be with the correct lightning and rain and stuff.. smile_o.gif