Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

looks really good and fluently. but a little bit more action would be nice to see wink_o.gif

but did u recordniced that the viewdistance isn't as big as in some other screens and vids? and the angle of the camera shows intelligent not many objekts to render.

but it looks great thumbs-up.gif

Wow that video was greate,felt like I was watching live footage really,the movements seem so natural and things just look so....real.

Great video that "USforces". Now it's even harder to wait 3 months. sad_o.gif

I really hope that BIS would release the demo quickly to ease our pain. whistle.gif

demo will be next month after czech release ArmA thumbs-up.gif

Where did you hear that? Haven't they promised us a demo before any gold release?

Quote[/b] ]demo will be next month after czech release ArmA

What a ... huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif?? mad_o.gif

No way ! Please someone confirm that ?

Quote[/b] ]demo will be next month after czech release ArmA

No way ! Please someone confirm that ?

i think the person that can confirm that is Placebo, and i have a feeling he can not say it yet. Am I wrong? wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Did anyone see the vid where the M1A1 destroyed a house? wow_o.gif

<a href="

" target="_blank">(First one found here)</a>

<a href="

i dled some video from http://arma.bigames.info/sekce/videa-z-invexu/

and it sucked ass.. hope its not the same! smile_o.gif

edit: tioner can you fixed that link? it looks they changed it or protected it.. what happens in that video?

<a href="

Yup, I saw it.

It just collapsed, it was not a dynamic destruction, but it's better than nothing.

Downloading the third vid now (at 5kb), we must be really desperate huh? A one hour wait for a 35sec vid.

Ah sorry. Fixed smile_o.gif

yeah indeed, its the same one.

I was hoping it was another.. but well if we have destructive buildings like that im sure BIS will make it better till the release date. wink_o.gif

GO BIS!! inlove.gif

EDIT:

It just collapsed, it was not a dynamic destruction, but it's better than nothing.

Downloading the third vid now (at 5kb), we must be really desperate huh?

hehe, yeah indeed!

at vid 2 ( where the tank destroy the house ), it seems that BIS use John's Effect Pack v.3.0. biggrin_o.gif

videos from Invex (building and bridge destructions)

I'am very confused. BIS said, there are only bridges and gas stations destroyable, not buildings...... wow_o.gif

But N1, i love the possibility ! thumbs-up.gif

The bridge destruction look really nice indeed, works perfectly. Now add smoke effect on that explosion and taadaaa wink_o.gif

You can't change the strings in localized versions to another language?

Well,if that is true, that is one big fuckup. I rather go with A) no english strings delivered with local versions tho than B) Strings are kinda hardcoded into game.

I fail to believe any dev-team with some common sense would go

"What about that multi-language support in OFP,do we keep it?"

"Nah,Screw it! Hardcoded Messages FTW!" icon_rolleyes.gif

On another note,that screenshot of the strategic map really made my day, that blue and red blob of gel on the map marking the frontlines biggrin_o.gif . (Note:I am not complaining about it or want it changed,infact I don't care,it is still very funny imho)

Chances are he means that the stringtable only contains the text for the released region. Suppose however I was to translate the stringtable? smile_o.gif. It would be strange if BIS moved away from the csv stringtable as it is very easily moddable, and that easy moddability (is that even a word? Lol) was one of the things that BIS boasted about arma. Atleast the czech version would have english voices. Aslong as I keep a dictionary with me until I know what all the buttons do smile_o.gif.

*mental note: start learning Czech before November*

One (mirror link) of the invex vids shows a tank tumbling over and some embarking crewman clip into the ground. Strange, cos I saw a sniper in a much older vid lying on a hill and there was no clipping at all.

M@ster

Lets not hotlink flash movies over 100kb plz. I also crippled the link in your avatar from loading.

Hoz