Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - development suggestions to BIS

My wishlist:

-the ability to swim.

-multiple turrets on a vehicle.

-better CQB aspects for player and AI.

not much point having a development suggestions for AA thred lol.. if its going to be released this year it must be nearly complete.. and there just touching up the addons.. but you never know  tounge_o.gif

well with AA at leaste they can test the JIP lol

This has probably been mentioned before, but I really don't have the time to fiddle through 9 pages of suggestions, so I'll repost it.

But it would be great to have FULL animation support. I really would like to finally, be able to animate vehicles to do specific things when they move. For example, if I wanted to animate a walking animation for an AT-AT from Star Wars, or an AT ST, I could do that.

It's somewhat possible to do in OFP, but it's very mechanical movements, and has way too little motion.

BIS if you could help out with animation side of OFP, that would be a huge help.

- Less zoom in the iron sighted weapons

Less zoom in the iron sight removes the advantage of the iron sight itself. You would no longer use the iron sight.

Therefore how about removing the center dot and the accuracy of hits in the 1st/3rd person view. Then you will have to use the iron sight to hit the target.

Therefore how about removing the center dot and the accuracy of hits in the 1st/3rd person view. Then you will have to use the iron sight to hit the target.

You can do that also in OFP, check your Difficulty settings

Another wish list for AA :

- automatic management of addons and mods (a kind of improved OFPwatch) with for instance auto downloads of BIS approved third party addons !

- better AI, for instance regarding cover fire

- better, easier management of AA dedicated server

- a single, clear, easy to use interface for most game parameters (gfx options, audio options, net options ...)

- better net code

- improved realism, as much as possible

PLEASE Mr BIS wink_o.gif

My two wishes, as far as i can tell there is going to be somekind of wafe effect on the sea in AA, please remove that and while you´re at it remove the tides, or atleast make them controllable in visitor. Personally i feel those tides are just pain in the ass and looks extremely stupid if i have small lake on my island and there´s huge waves and tides in it. And please do something to the sound engine so it won´t lag and stutter etc.

I'd love to see a new feature in the editor, which examines your pc spec, then translates that into a bar, as the user adds units, scripts etc, the bar fills up, indictating cpu load, this way you will be able to get a good judge of when to stop adding things to keep missions non-laggy.

Quote[/b] ] Less zoom in the iron sighted weapons

God I hope they don't do that. I have to stick my eyeballs up to the monitor as it is to make anything out. When LOD's change the units into stick figures I can't figure out who's who. Guess my eyes may be getting worse then others here. but I need a little zoom. In reality you can see a lot further then you can in this game. In my own personal mod I've actually increased the zoom on all weapons, and compensated for the sniper rifle effect by decreasing the aimprecision (makes the gun wobble all over the place). The more zoomed in you are, the more you wobble. But at least I can make out targets... Maybe I need to invest in a 24 inch wide screen monitor tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'd love to see a new feature in the editor, which examines your pc spec, then translates that into a bar, as the user adds units, scripts etc, the bar fills up, indictating cpu load, this way you will be able to get a good judge of when to stop adding things to keep missions non-laggy.

I was thinking about that too , but not only for mission editing but also for map making .

All models that are loaded would be listed, showing the polycount for each one , lod number , what is rendered and what is not ,...

You can do that also in OFP, check your Difficulty settings

Sure. You can remove the center dot by changing difficulty settings. But somebody might draw a new center dot on his own display. tounge_o.gif

So just removing the center dot might invite cheaters in the multiplay. It is important to decrease the accuracy of hits or to add random movements to the direction of the rifle in the 1st/3rd view, so that the center dot of the cheater's display would just be an obstacle. biggrin_o.gif

Oh, well my list of wishes contains this:

<ul>[*]Improved netcode

[*]Improved AI

[*]SpeedTree RT trees

[*]Dynamic Destruction Simulation (Like in VBS1, not like in Soldner)

[*]DirectX9c-based graphics (Well I'm pretty confident AA has that already)

[*]Improved physics and support for Ageia's PPU

[*]Interactive and Dynamic cockpits (I want to see working FLIR-screens/warning lights and of course being able to use your mouse to interact with cockpits and control consoles of tanks/cars/planes/helicopters, etc)

Now that is something that would really interest me!

[*]Hand-signals

[*]Better flight physics (Eitherway better than in OFP, preferrably like those in LOMAC of the Enemy Engaged games)

[*]Better driving physics (Like something in FarCry/Half-Life or something where driving really was like a dream)

[*]Compatibility with TrackIR would be nice

[*]Postions outside vehicles like sitting on top of a T-55 turret and being able to shoot and useing your own weapon.

[*]Working BMP infantry gunports, like what the manual claims to be a feature in Flashpoint CWC.

(For n00bs: It is a hole in a BMP with a window where soldier inside the BMP can shoot through to something outside the BMP. In short: It gives greater firepower.)

[*]Ability to swim

[*]Things like chaffs/flares for helicopters and smoke gens/grenades for tanks

[*]Tank Turret-mounted MG's, which are only accessible when the user is "turned-out".

[*]BETTER ANIMATIONS!!

[*]Ejector seats!

[*]Artillery support, I loved CoC!

[*]Deformable terrain

As you might notice, there are alot of flightsim-like and tanksim-like features...

But what are your opinions about the Interactive- and dynamic cockpit/control consoles/dashboards??

Oh, well my list of wishes contains this:

<ul>[*]Improved netcode

[*]Improved AI

[*]SpeedTree RT trees

[*]Dynamic Destruction Simulation (Like in VBS1, not like in Soldner)

[*]DirectX9c-based graphics (Well I'm pretty confident AA has that already)

[*]Improved physics and support for Ageia's PPU

[*]Interactive and Dynamic cockpits (I want to see working FLIR-screens/warning lights and of course being able to use your mouse to interact with cockpits and control consoles of tanks/cars/planes/helicopters, etc)

Now that is something that would really interest me!

[*]Hand-signals

[*]Better flight physics (Eitherway better than in OFP, preferrably like those in LOMAC of the Enemy Engaged games)

[*]Better driving physics (Like something in FarCry/Half-Life or something where driving really was like a dream)

[*]Postions outside vehicles like sitting on top of a T-55 turret and being able to shoot and useing your own weapon.

[*]Working BMP infantry gunports, like what the manual claims to be a feature in Flashpoint CWC.

(For n00bs: It is a hole in a BMP with a window where soldier inside the BMP can shoot through to something outside the BMP. In short: It gives greater firepower.)

[*]Ability to swim

[*]Things like chaffs/flares for helicopters and smoke gens/grenades for tanks

[*]Tank Turret-mounted MG's, which are only accessible when the user is "turned-out".

[*]BETTER ANIMATIONS!!

[*]Ejector seats!

[*]Artillery support, I loved CoC!

[*]Deformable terrain

As you might notice, there are alot of flightsim-like and tanksim-like features...

But what are your opinions about the Interactive- and dynamic cockpit/control consoles/dashboards??

Wrong section m8 rock.gif .

I think you were looking for OFP2-Sugestions?

You dont possibly expect all that on just a remake/rebuilt OFP with some small optimisations and graphics enhancements rock.gif .

@Pierrot

There is no point in drawing dots on your screen if you have "freeaim" like in OPF.

Nice list SgtH3nry3. You want them to merge OFP with Falcon 4. Me too. That is what I imagine gaming will be like in heaven. LOL :-)

I think we should wait for OFP2 for most of these features.

I am happy with an improved engine for the current version.

If they (BIS) make the heli ops more realistic and advanced they could win over alot of skilled heli sim pilots willing to lower their fidelity claims for some real human interaction instead.

With realistic i mean the flightmodel, instruments and weapons need some overhaul to make it more challenging.

This might be more feasible for "OPF2" but something worthy to consider since most of them are still flying around in Longbow2.

Might get the Steelbeast´s to buy it too if tanks could get the implementation they deserve.

Total model replacement!! blues.gif

Sounds crazy doesnt it?

Well think about it and how much this would increase the product's value, we have seen better looking soldiers, vegetation, water, some sharper building textures...

why not replace the weapon and vehical models with better ones too then? This would make the game graphicaly alot more atractive and would without a doubt lead to a much better product and customer satisfaction, reviews, etc smile_o.gif .

It would also make the game so much more worth it to people that have played the game before and got tired of it plus we wouldnt have the feeling about buying the same product twice dispite its improvements, optimisations and aditions. This would be 50€ if not more!

Its a known fact that the games original models look very dated by todays standards, even for a unique game like this, it is also known that new, better looking comunity made content (addons) improved the game considerably and made many people stick with it untill today, OPFR + quality addons looks really great!

This would make the game alot more impressive for new comers too. The ultimate Flashpoint experience yeah biggrin_o.gif .

Just think about the cool CP advertising pictures wink_o.gif .

Hmm, yes replecment of all the old 3d models+textures of soldiers, vehicles and weapons would go a long way for me too along with the engine tweaks that are within reason. smile_o.gif

Don't know how usefull all this suggestions is to the dev's? Some of you seems to expect that miracles will happen to Armed Assault  tounge_o.gif

Anyway, native support for TrackIR would be very very nice! OFP:R 1.9x already have what it takes, all BIS have to do is to interface it to Naturalpoints TIR DLL...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Dunno to what extend BIS updated the engine/code for ArAs, but here are some things from my wishlist tounge_o.gif

I'd really like improved vehicle classes. Cars/ships firing missiles, aircraft with turrets... etc. I'd especially like the latter... OV-10D with turret... mmm! biggrin_o.gif

Also Event Handler improvement, like the ability to set if an EH is local or global would be handy. Speaking of EH's. It would be handy for scripts for guided weapons if the "fired" EH would return the target the missile is fired at.

What I'm most excited about is the JIP, thank god. Ive been dying to see how this works in OFP.

This can make for some pretty long CTI maps

shizzle.gif

I'm sorry if someone requested this already. I can't stop playing OFP 1.96 long enough to read 10 pages of posts.

I would like to see "after action playbacks" or movies of some kind. In a perfect world we could view these playbacks from any units perspective and from floating camera views. We could also post themto the web or email them to others players for training and fun. (Like the ACMI in Falcon 4)

Question...all these people refering to VBS1? Where are you getting a copy ofVBS1? I thought you had to be an official government agency/army/forst responder etc. to purchase it?

Where can I get my copy?!

I'm sorry if someone requested this already. I can't stop playing OFP 1.96 long enough to read 10 pages of posts.

I would like to see "after action playbacks" or movies of some kind. In a perfect world we could view these playbacks from any units perspective and from floating camera views. We could also post themto the web or email them to others players for training and fun. (Like the ACMI in Falcon 4)

Question...all these people refering to VBS1? Where are you getting a copy ofVBS1? I thought you had to be an official government agency/army/forst responder etc. to purchase it?

Where can I get my copy?!

There was something similar to this that Kegetys released, it's somewhere on the OFP.info main page.

I havent tried it yet, but I think it's yet another one of those Kegetys 'must have' downloads. Just cycle through the few most recent OFP.info pages, it should'nt be too far back

Dunno to what extend BIS updated the engine/code for ArAs, but here are some things from my wishlist tounge_o.gif

I'd really like improved vehicle classes. Cars/ships firing missiles, aircraft with turrets... etc. I'd especially like the latter... OV-10D with turret... mmm! biggrin_o.gif

Also Event Handler improvement, like the ability to set if an EH is local or global would be handy. Speaking of EH's. It would be handy  for scripts for guided weapons if the "fired" EH would return the target the missile is fired at.

or a B17 have all its 9 gunpost with twin .50cal (+1 20mm AA on front maybe) wow_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

multi-turret rulez!!!!

Things that finally killed OFP for me and that I'd like to see improved in AA are;

Clipping

Collision detection

AI that obey orders

Better looking soldier models

Better multiplayer joining

It sounds like these will be addressed in AA, so I expect to be a happy bunny.