Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - development suggestions to BIS

I'll start.

The press release states:

Compatible with community created content.

That's great but remember that most of that content is in mod folders within OFP's directory.

BIS, Please support full folder path specifications in the mod switch, so that existing content can be accessed in its present location, even if outside of AA's folder. That way, single file copies of user created content can be accessed by both OFP and AA.

Next!

How do you know AA is standalone ?

Maybe it'll simply overwrite/makenew OFP's exe like resistance did know? Hope it does that.

And yeah we want support for everything that is at present , i want the game to start without asking for CD as well , i want to keep me CD's in pristine condition wink_o.gif

Change the trees from original islands to VBS1 ones. Cause, let's be fair, old CWC ones look like crap.

while we´re at vbs1: i´d like to see collapsing buildings like in the

Quote[/b] ]dynamicBuild_a.mpg
 smile_o.gif

How about a new forum for this for starts or maybe we should take this to the OFP forum after al this isnt about OFP2 crazy_o.gif .

How will this affect addons is my main worry , will all those addon maker have to update their stuff back to match your new soldier/body/head model? I cant imagine seeing those old models standing up infront of these crazy_o.gif . <-- Major problem.

Change the trees from original islands to VBS1 ones. Cause, let's be fair, old CWC ones look like crap.

VBS1 trees are better, sure, but they don't fit the islands, the green is too flashy.

we need multi turrets + cars firing rockets. that's all! biggrin_o.gif so just copy the new vbs modules to AA.

What I want to see:

-New animations

-More gunner positions in vehicles

-Better AI

-Better netcode

-3d ironsights

VBS ones are essentially based on Resistance folliage technologies.

One thing that should be fixed: folliage should block AI's line of site. CWC's folliage does. OFPR's and VBS1's doesn't.

Modernised and realistic weaponsystems like manually guided TOWs and stabilsed sights for Mbts.

Better Heli flightmodel,....dont really care for the current where you have very little freedom.

Better tracers and mussle FX, more realistic night day difference for them.

Sound engine, needs support for latest EAX and "popcorn" effect on distant shooting smile_o.gif

Destroyable building is a must, the paper buildings when destroyed looks old smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One thing that should be fixed: folliage should block AI's line of site. CWC's folliage does. OFPR's and VBS1's doesn't.

Actually Resistance foliage does block AI sight. But the problem is you cannot get in the bushes but hiding directly behind them will block AI's sight, only when you don't fire they won't spot you.

What I want to see:

-3d ironsights

oh yea, and maybe:

- wind affecting bullets

- smoke affecting laser

- better weapon feeling (sounds, tracers..)

- and please don´t do the fluffy yellow explosions again tounge_o.gif

VBS1 trees are better, sure, but they don't fit the islands, the green is too flashy.

Well they did promise a new island didn't they? Might as well use new ground textures as well as VBS1 trees, so it actually looks good! smile_o.gif

I'll be glad If you can shot while board in the chopper cargo.

and Mutilple gunner support.

gunners move with the gun. I hate it how u sit there and the gun moves and the arms dont. sad_o.gif

What I would like to see:

- Dynamic buildings

- Multi gun positions

- Stand and firing from vehicles when moving

- lagfree grass

- smaller terrain cellsize

smile_o.gif

Well they did promise a new island didn't they? Might as well use new ground textures as well as VBS1 trees, so it actually looks good! smile_o.gif

yes, hopefully. they promised the islands "in extreme detail" biggrin_o.gif judging from the released pics they have lots of work to do then. but they still have some time left wink_o.gif

- Shooting from in vehicles cargo positions?

- Contrails/vapour from airplanes backside a MUST!

- Vehicle destruction model to change i want tyres bruning falling out doors off the hinges lying flat not a piece of crumpled paper.

- Sea do something about the swimming thing a soldier should be able to swim for some time near the shore side , for deep water we have COC divers.

I want to have good reasons to buy OFP2 aswell, let's not put your wishlist for OFP2 here! mad_o.gif

1. mirrors (/monitors)

2. rotatable gun turrets on planes

3. More attention to "vehicles transporting vehicles" smile_o.gif

dont soldiers drown becuase of the wieght wink_o.gif

dont soldiers drown becuase of the wieght wink_o.gif

nah, I've seen my guy in Farcry carry a M4, P90, Desert Eagle, and rocketlauncher, and he could still swim fine! smile_o.gif

better flight model.... For both planes and for heli's.

Ahh then it must be true then, its on far cry tounge_o.gif

Ohh, and seperate weapon and hands model for first person view like all other fps (world and camera models)

=3d sights/reload anims/better handpositions

Make AA much less of a pain in the ass by making planes appear much farther than say infantry.

yep! tounge_o.gif

But seriously, I think the following would be better hold off untill OFP2:

1. Animated vehicles

2. multiple gun positions (yes, I sound cruel, I know)

3. 3D ironsights

4. far improved foliage

This way, people will surely buy OFP2 too, since it'l be more then improved graphics! more money for Bis! , more fun for us biggrin_o.gif