Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Armed Assault - development suggestions to BIS

Make AA much less of a pain in the ass by making planes appear much farther than say infantry.

You mean to say broaden the skys dimensions? I've been thinking about it too right now OFP's sky is too close to th ground and going high up makes you lose visual on the ground its a bit of a compromise BIS did i guess on performance.

Gandalf shut up OFP2 has lots more already we want this for OFP1 now biggrin_o.gif.

- Contrails/vapour from airplanes backside a MUST!

Can't this be done with scripts? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]

- Vehicle destruction model to change i want tyres bruning falling out doors off the hinges lying flat not a piece of crumpled paper.

Good one, haven't thought of that one yet smile_o.gif

BTW: Shouldn't Armed Assault has it's own forum next to OFP1, OFP2 and OFP XBOX rock.gif

- Contrails/vapour from airplanes backside a MUST!

Can't this be done with scripts? rock.gif

Current OFP doesnt support or have anything such as vapour in it , its only explosions and smoke sad_o.gif . You cant code this in via scripts it needs to be hard coded inside i guess.

I hope they wont make Armed Assault like in OFP1 NATO vs USSR. Becouse in OFP1 they show that Americans are "good guys" and Soviets are "Bad guys". I think its really rasistic and russofobic. I hope they will make it againts Terrorist not concret Nation like Russians, Arabs, Chinese etc etc.

Guest major gandhi

-Better AI (repressive fire, better maneuvering, perhaps we'll get that with ECP already tounge_o.gif )

-Bushes, trees and SMOKE (what do you have smokegrenades for if the AI can see throught it god damn!!!) should block the AI's line of sight

-Mutli-gunner positions(if we can get at least this, I could wait for the ability to shoot as cargo from a vehicle until ofp2)

-ability to give vehicles different crew members via config

-full-mod-support, any new restrictions concerning this aspect are a big step backwards for ofp

-better performance!!!!! (my friends laugh at me because I still play a game that's 4 years old but still lags oin modern computers in certain situations crazy_o.gif )

I would like to see a better addon management in AA. IMO every addon should have to be sent to BIS where it would get a unique ID that would also be stored in the PBO. The existance of this unique ID should be checked when the addon is loaded, every further version of the addon had to have another ID. By this ID it would be easy to get all the addons needed for missions, also there'd be an official approval for the addons. The addons should meet some requirements to get an unique ID.

Of course, this decreases the freedom at creating addons. But I think something of this sort would make the addon management much easier, since you don't need to care about addon versions, since every addon has its unique ID.

I suggest lowering the release date to tommorow tounge_o.gif

-better performance!!!!! (my friends laugh at me because I still play a game that's 4 years old but still lags oin modern computers in certain situations  crazy_o.gif )

ignore them  mad_o.gif

trying to communicate with these kind of people will only make it worse for you  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I suggest lowering the release date to tommorow  tounge_o.gif

word  biggrin_o.gif

All I want is a comprehensive guide to scripting and a dictionary of reserved words and what they do. Then we can all dive into makeing mods, missions, etc. without having to pick apart other peoples work to decipher how to use the game.

More realistic explosions, i.e. dust and smoke from ordnance rather than a Hollywood special every time someone farts in the general direction of the enemy.

The ability to set sides. The East, West, Resistance and Civillian setup is too simple. If we could designate which side a unit is on myself, we could make some really interesting missions.

I would like to see everything that has been already sayd and i would like too see dynamic campaiqne from both sides.

I would like to see a better addon management in AA. IMO every addon should have to be sent to BIS where it would get a unique ID that would also be stored in the PBO. The existance of this unique ID should be checked when the addon is loaded, every further version of the addon had to have another ID. By this ID it would be easy to get all the addons needed for missions, also there'd be an official approval for the addons. The addons should meet some requirements to get an unique ID.

Of course, this decreases the freedom at creating addons. But I think something of this sort would make the addon management much easier, since you don't need to care about addon versions, since every addon has its unique ID.

I agree with you.

I would also like a better modding integrity with some pro 3D tools, so that we don't have to rely on O2 so much.

3DS MAx 7 is already very good and there isn't much to do for addon to be completely exported to O2, but still some improvements would be appreciated.

Anims:

This has already been mentioned like trillion times, but anyway.

I would like to have a dedicated anims for every unit (soldier class, vehicle, weapon, static) within game not as it is today. I am not sure how it would affect engine management.

i dont think they will be adding anything mayjor that will be for Operation Flashpoint 2.. if this is going to be released 2005 it must be nearly complete.. and omg.. we need a game forum called Armed Assualt lol... OMG when ofp 2 comes out i wont know what to play.. OFP/AA/OFP2 lmao

so then this was the OFP 1.5 lol

Well, what can I say, some realistic suggestions,:

- Better, much more versatile AI that is for example:

- skilled in air support (helos engaging infantry properly!)

- much quicker at reacting and moving ESPECIALLY in towns and close quarters.

- is able to take cover and not go prone and run around like an idiot!

- A LOT more options for AI behaviour in the editor.

- Light grass everywhere like in the Xbox screens, not flat, textured surfaces.

- Collision detection fix

- Collapsable buildings

- Better damage model, damage types for different weapons! Vehicles being disabled more instead of blown up, killing everyone inside.

- Multiple gunner positions

- 3D iron sights

- Some simple, standard integrated artillery system.

- A good set of basic, unmarked, extremely common equipment like BTRs, BMPs, M113s, just the most common Warsaw Pact and NATO equipment.

- More realistic effects, not Hollywood explosions.

- Hard, BADASS sounds, not pathetic flops like the FALs and G3s in Resistance have.

One of the few moments where I have to disagree with hardrock  biggrin_o.gif

Better Addon-Management: Yes!

Mandatory "official" ID and taking away freedom: No!

It could be a simple CfgPatches-Entry like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

addonVersion = 1.0;

class required

{

class item0{ addon="BIS_Resistance"; version="1.0"; };

class item1{ addon ......... };

};

You have to remember that AA has to be compatible with old content created for CWC and OFPR.

One of the few moments where I have to disagree with hardrock biggrin_o.gif

Better Addon-Management: Yes!

Mandatory "official" ID and taking away freedom: No!

It could be a simple CfgPatches-Entry like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

addonVersion = 1.0;

class required

{

class item0{ addon="BIS_Resistance"; version="1.0"; };

class item1{ addon ......... };

};

You have to remember that AA has to be compatible with old content created for CWC and OFPR.

No one wants to stop anybody from releasing addons. But the situation right now is that for most addons there is never ever a single mission released. Not even the guys who made the addons can be bothered to make a mission. Standard addons might change that. Maybe you mean : "Competition? No!" smile_o.gif

AA uses new head models, right? Well if OFP addons are going to work in it then infantry's faces will be messed up...

NO what needs to be done is that a user can download any addon that the server needs to start the mission. This works for every other game already and OFP realy needs to implement it. If you cant download it from the server then the server should at least provide a link to the download-location.

Albert Schweizer for "automatic downloads" unclesam.gif

AA uses new head models, right? Well if OFP addons are going to work in it then infantry's faces will be messed up...

Not necessarily. They could code support for old and new faces, using a different script keyword for new ones.

I just want a collision detection fix, that really bothers me in OFP1.

Inless the 'old' OFP1 models can also be used along side the new flashy ones. Of course this would looks strange but it means that every thing can be ported over to AA, and then after a short period of time addon makers would start to upgrade there addons any way to take advantage of the new soldier models as well as other engine features.

Edit: Ok like 4 people posted whiles i was typing this lol

and yes colision detection is a MUST for this, Id also like to see a slight differnce in the way aimin is handeld, like somthing along the lines of 'you shoot' the cross hair jumps to the recoil slightly and is off target, requiering you to physicly move your mouse again slightly to correct your aim.

I support the idea for increased fiewdistance for planes!

-planes should be visible at much longer distances than ground units.

-planes should have ground view from high up (without any detail) moving vehicles should be visible over sensors (not rendered)

This should be possible without too much impact on FPS!

Of course it would also be nice to have a higher general view distance! (tank engagements) but this may not jet be possible because of FPS.

I would love to see a better damage model (IL2, Soldiers) - but I think we have to wait for OFP2.

One of the few moments where I have to disagree with hardrock biggrin_o.gif

lol

execute him. blues.gif

Just joking, the reason why I suggested this "send-to-BIS" stuff is to have a certain standard in addons. It's not really taking away the freedom, but enforcing that each addon has a certain quality (I'm not talking of model or texture, but overall quality, similar to as it was meant with AAE) and thus making addon-making a bit harder. ATM tons of guys are doing addons, some don't ever mind the community-set standards or whatever. But who is actually making missions with those addons? I think, addon-making should now be at the point where we can switch to a higher level, so the addon-flood maybe decreases a bit whereas the missions made with them increase.

I know, this is not perfect at all, but it's a little hint, I don't know a perfect solution myself ATM. But I know that something's gotta be done about this whole stuff, it's really hard for people to download required addons for missions or campaigns. Maybe people should somehow be forced to join together and release their addons as pack so the single addons vanish. Quite complicated affair . . . has anyone got better suggestions?